“Good Option for Visiting School”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Deerfield, Illinois
“Good Option for Visiting School”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Country Inn was friendly, unbelievably helpful and willing to do just about anything to improve our stay. The breakfast was a great bonus, and the newly renovated hotel was a perfect option when visiting Champaign.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor (of three). The stairs were easily accessible and a great option. D...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Julie I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Michele-

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff and our great Be Our Guest breakfast. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Your friends at the Country Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Run. Run fast. Do not stay here. We had many issues with this room....1 the wifi would not work at all, 2 the phone did not work, 3 and best of all the toilet upstairs overflowed and leaked through our ceiling. Awesome, huh. The best part of it was the manager was pissy with me for not wanting to stay in the now gross room. I guess he has no problem getting out of the shower barefoot on the nasty floor. Best part of all he really did not want to give me a refund as they had no other rooms available. Ugh!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Rachel J
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your experience with us. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here for my first University of Illinois mom's weekend and will stay here again next year! The hotel was very clean including lobby, breakfast area and especially my king room. I like the fact that the bed area has a door to close so it feels more like a bedroom than a hotel room which was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was very good with a lot of varieties to choose from, including eggs, waffles, cereal and fruit. The staff was very friendly, polite, and made me feel welcome and want me to come back. Close drive to mall, restaurants and the University which is very convenient. I will definitely be back and thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Be Our Guest breakfast, our clean and comfortable rooms and consistently positive hotel staff. We take great strides and providing excellent customer service to our guests. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Warren, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotels regular price is not a bad value, however due to the fact that there was a wrestling tournament in the area, they raised the prices to $131 a night (not including taxes) this was a little high- not as high as others in the area. They did not make fresh cookies too often due to the tournament & not wanting all the kids to pig out on them. If you wanted a cookie, you could ask at the front desk... The breakfast was OK. The eggs & sausage was cold with no microwave in the area to rewarm. The hot tub is no longer in use, all water removed. This sucked since the adults would have liked to enjoy that amenity. The rooms were clean but the floors were not swept from day to day in the bathroom & the tub was also not cleaned out each day. Next year, I think we will stay somewhere else...

1 Thank Lynnette T
Julie I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Lynette-

I truly apologize your experience with us did not meet your expectations. I have addressed your issues regarding the breakfast items and cleanliness with our staff and we are taking positive steps to ensure this similiar situation does not happen again. We look forward to having you stay with us again to let us exceed your expectations.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel! The staff were so friendly and outgoing, my room was very clean and breakfast was top notch! I travel to champaign a lot for business and with my family. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
We are so thrilled you enjoyed every part of your experience with us! We value our guests feedback regarding their time with us. We look forward to having you visit us again soon!

Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel was so great for the price. It was so clean and refreshing. The staff was very nice and helpful, very polite and eager to make sure you were happy. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good, belgian waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, muffins, oatmeal, yogurt, nice variety. I was shocked at how clean and nice this hotel was for the price. great place to stay. The hotel is close to the mall and tons of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Julie I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent experience with us! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and our breakfast. We look forward to having you visit us again soon!

VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have stayed in many CI&S over the years. This one was a bit worn, but clean. Spare in all ways, but adequate. Not much else to say- it's in a college town so you get noisy guests and late night noise too. The pool needs work, but the hotel is in a useful location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OranVa
Julie I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your recent experience at our hotel. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. If you would like to discuss these issues further, please contact me directly at the hotel. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.