“Best pizza in town”

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza in town”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are hunting for the best deep dish pizza, this is it. I have been to some of the best places in Chicago (Gino's East etc.) and this is my favorite. Sauce is fantastic and the ingredients are top notch. Best sausage I have ever had on a pizza. Get yourself to Papa Del's!

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Carbondale, Illinois
“A Classic Place”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I always loved the pizza here. I even worked here as a delivery driver many years ago. Service was good as waitress did checkbacks and the food was cooked pretty quickly.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“The Best!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Papa Del's deep dish is still the best pizza I have ever had, and I've been eating there for over 30 years. The sauce is amazing and complements the thick crust well. The service is always college students and you can tell that this is not their calling on life, but it doesn't matter even a little bit. The pizza is so terrific that they ship it all over the country to the craving alumni.

“Some of the best pizza!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is another restaurant I was told to try after I moved to the area, and I was not disappointed by the quality of the food. This is some of the best pizza I have ever had! The only problem is the price, easily two times what I would ordinarily pay. It's definitely worth it, though. If you like a nice, deep-dish style pizza, this place is for you.

• Visited April 2014
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“great pizza!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had the kitchen sink thin crust. It was a ton of food, but it was all great. I can't image the deep dish, but it is probably great too.

• Visited April 2014