“Better the Second Time Around” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Papa Del's Pizza - CLOSED

Papa Del's Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta
“Better the Second Time Around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'm probably going to offend some pizza fanatics by saying this, but Papa Del's didn't blow me away.

Admittedly, we didn't order a pie. It might had been a different story if we had. But we had just driven 10 consecutive hours from Georgia. We were all tired, antsy, and very hungry. The idea of waiting more than 30 minutes to eat was unimaginable. So we opted for an order of bread sticks and a thin pizza. The bread sticks were nothing to write home about. Cold logs of white bread, no seasoning. I liked the sauce on the thin pizza, but the crust was too thick and solid for my tastes. I actually enjoyed it more upon reheating the next day. The servers however, were very sweet. And the atmosphere is interesting. We ate at the Green St. restaurant. You can tell there is a history in that building. Outdoor seating is available.

For the first time visitor, it's helpful to know that the average wait time for pizzas:
--thin crust, 30 minutes
--pan, 45 minutes
--stuffed, 55 minutes

If you can, call in your order before you arrive.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Champaign, Illinois
“Find The World's Best Pizza--in Central Illinois!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Honestly, the pan pizza at Papa Dell's is unsurpassable. I have looked for better deep dish on the four corners of the earth, and not found it. The sauce, the cheese, and *especially* the crust are rich, deep flavored, delectable. FRESH, always fresh and the taste never fails. We are sooooo lucky to have this place here. It is simply the best!

• Visited May 2014
Champaign, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Papa Del's is the best pizza I have ever had. They are known for their thick crust but I like their American style which is a thin crust. Either way it is delicious!

• Visited March 2014
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Best pizza in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are hunting for the best deep dish pizza, this is it. I have been to some of the best places in Chicago (Gino's East etc.) and this is my favorite. Sauce is fantastic and the ingredients are top notch. Best sausage I have ever had on a pizza. Get yourself to Papa Del's!

• Visited May 2014
Carbondale, Illinois
“A Classic Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I always loved the pizza here. I even worked here as a delivery driver many years ago. Service was good as waitress did checkbacks and the food was cooked pretty quickly.

Visited May 2014