“Way, way more than I ever expected”

Residence Inn Champaign
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Toledo, Ohio
“Way, way more than I ever expected”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We were looking for a place to stay on a whim for five nights in Champaign. I was looking for a very nice room and which was also a full apartment. Arriving with average expectations, I was thoroughly impressed instantly upon my arrival. The staff is some of the friendliest and most welcoming of any hotel I've ever stayed at. Check-in was a breeze, and upon checking out our room, I couldn't have been happier. The decor is amazing, the room was immaculate, had a fresh, up-to-date feel, and a very comfortable bed and pillows. Every time we left and came back to the hotel, we were always warmly welcomed back by the front desk staff. Breakfast selection was great and healthy. They also had free dinner Monday - Thursday. Let me tell you it's like going to a restaurant. Candles on tables, fancy food and desserts and the hotel manager personally checking on us and other guests that were there, I was totally blown away. Would highly recommend for anyone staying a night or a week!

2 Thank Shane C
GM_CMPRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Champaign, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time in reviewing your recent stay with us. Being a brand new property and only luxury extended stay hotel in Champaign-Urbana we take great pride in delivering exceptional customer service.

Unlike most extended stay hotels we service our rooms on a daily basis, offer a complimentary breakfast buffet with several “made for you” items. Our evening social usually has our guests coming back for seconds, served Monday-Thursday. Our list of amenities which you were able to take advantage of is far more than what our competitors offer.

I am glad your stay was enjoyable and that our future guests can experience firsthand for their selves.

Best Regards,

Kevin Shah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Champaign, IL
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Recently spent one night here. Great hotel! It's a brand new hotel, so everything is nice and new. Has a basketball court and a seemingly nice outdoor area (will have to visit again in the warmer months to enjoy that). Only real complaints are some that have been discussed in previous reviews. The temperature seemed to be difficult to control....seemed like it fluctuated from either being too hot or cold in the room. Also, the lighting was a little difficult to figure out. The switch by the door controls the lights in the bathroom area. A bit odd. Speaking of bathroom though, the shower was very nice.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SG319
Illinois
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. As with other Residence Inns at which I have stayed, this one was very clean, spacious, and conveniently located with an excellent breakfast. The king bed/sofa bed worked very well for our family. I liked that the TV was able to be turned between the bed, sofa bed, desk, and table. I think this would be a great hotel for an extended stay with the very large space and nice kitchen. The breakfast had a large selection of hot and cold items. I especially liked the chocolate muffins and potato pancakes. There were a couple of issues preventing a higher rating. First, the furnace blew air on the bed, which was a concern because it was quite loud and made watching TV difficult, particularly as my daughter was asleep on the sofabed. Second, the room was wired problematically. There was a light switch at the door that allowed you to turn on and off the bathroom lights. That was fine and actually a nice feature. However, if it was off at the door, you could not turn it on in the bathroom. We had to walk back to the front door, flip the switch, and then go back to the bathroom to have it lit. Again, overall this was a very good experience, and I would stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank LissaJ41
palm harbor, fl
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stopped there on a whim after being forced out of WI early due to weather. New place. Have stayed at many Residence Inns in the past couple decades and Marriott got it right with the new one here. Rooms were very big. Great bed, bath, HVAC. Service was right on. Dinner was a huge hit! WiFi was a little slow but we were on the end of the building. Great place.

Ohio
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a new hotel, thus everything is fresh. It is well located with easy access to almost everything in Champaign / Urbana. Only stayed for a weekend, but got a great deal on price for the size room(s) and amenities. Will definitively stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travellight47
GM_CMPRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Champaign, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing feedback from your stay. I am glad to hear your weekend stay was enjoyable and you were able to take advantage of our special.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Best,

Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel is excellent. My work put me up here for a month. Before I came here my co-workers were in the area for 6 weeks already. This is the 3rd hotel they’ve been in and hearing them tell it – no more hotel hopping. One of them is a constant complainer and he couldn’t find anything wrong. The rooms are very spacious and the amenities are top notch. The bathrooms are large unlike some closet size ones (i.e. Chicago Palmer House). They have a water softener that makes the shower seem like bathing in lotion…a good thing. My son and family came by one weekend and thought it beautiful. After swimming in the pool and hot tub they used all my towels (didn’t realize there were towels at the pool). I mentioned it to the front desk and within minutes they had placed new towels in my room. The staff is very welcoming and professional. The beds are pillow top and make me want to look into upgrading my own at home. They take great pride in exceeding the visitor’s expectation. I mentioned a solution to a misplaced heating duct and they were quick to pass it on to building management. This Inn has only been open a couple of months so everything is brand new. The highlight is the breakfast nook and the attendant that is hands on and is there to fill any request. They also have what they call a “social” Monday-Thursday. They supply a dinner most days and a wide array of snacks on some other days. They plan on offering complimentary beer and wine soon. I have saved so much money on meals that I only use my cash for incidentals. And if you would rather eat out…there are so many “New” restaurants around here it’s crazy. Everything you need within a ½ mile radius. Finally I like to jog so I found a nice 5K trail within a couple of miles from here (Greenbelt Trail – Dodd’s Park to Kaufmann Lake) which is over the top beautiful. But if it rains hard or snows I could always use the top of the line treadmill, recumbent bike, cardio machines and free weights. They got it covered even with an outdoor basketball hoop and fire pit. Would I ever come back here…what do you think?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Chuck M
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 23 October 2013

All the major restaurants are within a miles drive and a mall is only two miles from the hotel. For business, there is an Office Depot two miles away and a Panera Bread which makes a great place to sit down and meet with someone.
The rooms are huge, the desk is about six feet long for spreading out work. The hotel is only a month old so there are a few issues from any new construction but they are minor. Great breakfast layout with a gas fire pit outside the eating area for nice weather nights. A full kitchen and a huge bathroom. Only one real complaint is the shower. They have the control knob on one end and the show head on the other end of a large shower. It takes a little getting used to and I really don't like that arrangement.
Very modern feel with a big "L" shaped couch and a TV that swivels from the den / kitchen to the bedroom areas.
This is my new hotel for Champaign from now on. If you are calling on the Kraft plant for business, it is less than 10 minuets away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but if the weather is good, you can hear people from the fire pit and I was r...