“EXCELLENT HOTEL!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“EXCELLENT HOTEL!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff here is excellent! The service was great! This hotel is obviously newer but still well maintained, clean and kept up! I definitely will stay here again. Vance, Emmitt and John were so very helpful and can't say enough about this hotel. I was there for 6 days and had two rooms and it was consistent service the whole time. Thank you to everyone at the hotel that made our stay an excellent time. (We were there delivering items to a family that had lost everything in a tornado last fall, so this was a very tiring and stressful trip - but they made it very comfortable for us while we were there.)

Room Tip: I can't say that there is a bad room in this place - the rooms no matter the floor or location s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Russ S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was staying in the area for a week and booked 5 nights @ the Residence in. As soon as I got into the room I knew I had made the right decision. The studio suite has a very spacious layout and made my stay there very pleasant. My room and the entire location is very clean and well kept. I would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in the area, whether it's for a short or long-term stay.

1 Thank Michael T
Bremen, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Champaign on June 27 and 28. We both loved the room. It was like having our own little apartment. The room arrangement and design is perfect for extended stay as well as over night. Whoever designed the room did an excellent job. It would be great to stay here if you are visiting children at the U of I, coming for weekend sports games, or extended business trips. You feel like you have a home away from home.

I loved the fire pit and patio area. Such a nice place to rest and relax.

The most important part is the room was so clean and everything is brand new. We slept like logs. The people that work at the hotel made us feel very welcome and answered all our questions about the area. The breakfast was very good. There was a choice of many items. The scrambled eggs and new potatoes were delicious. If we come to Champaign again this is the place we will stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. It was so easy to get in and out of the hotel. There was parking all...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valena C
Markle, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Champaign for 4 days while our son attended a camp at U of I. This facility was a great choice for a stay of this length. The layout of the rooms is great, and the furniture was very comfortable. Loved the kitchen and outdoor grill! The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. Couldn't have asked for any more!

1 Thank Tamra B
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have never actually entered a review before, but my stay (an entire month) in Champaign was made so much better thanks to the staff at this location. John (the manager) and his crew make you feel so welcome and at home. They take great pride in their hotel and it really shows. I cannot say enough good things about this crew. Also, the housekeeping and kitchen folks took wonderful care of me and made sure I had a good breakfast to take to work every day. I would highly recommend this hotel for personal and business travel. Thanks again!

Room Tip: I had a great room on the 4th floor (top floor) with a great view of the firepit. (407)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marci B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I just had our wedding block stationed out of this hotel and cannot say enough nice things about the Residence Inn by Marriott (Champaign) hotel and its staff.

First off, the rooms are beautiful! It helps that the place is new, but you can tell that they were going for a first-class look. All of our guests just loved their rooms.

Most importantly, the staff was incredible. I worked closely with John Bodman and Ashley at the location to coordinate a memorable wedding night for my wife and I. John and Ashley made sure that the rose petals, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and LED candles I bought were in the room and ready for our return at 12:30am from the reception. They were attentive throughout the process and showed a lot of care that our experience was top notch. They even added towel-animals and threw confetti on us as we entered! Beyond that, the staff was warm, welcoming, and willing to do anything to make sure our wedding was perfect.

I could not say enough positive things about John, Ashley, and the rest of the staff at the hotel. Thank you so much our wedding day that much more special!

1 Thank Brad V
Park Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Upon entering the building you can't help experiencing the smell of newness of this recently built facility. The hotel is decorated with beautiful photographic pieces intertwined throughout the building. The front desk guest services personnel smile cordially, speak to you respectfully and genuinely offer help in whatever way your needs require. The patio area with the gas grill is an excellent atmosphere for just hanging out with family and friends. The breakfast is delicious, hot and just keeps coming! The rooms are king suites only, nicely laid out, clean and very comfortable. Try it for yourself! We were quite satisfied with our visit!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends