“Residence Inn Champaign - Urbana”

Residence Inn Champaign
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel. Immaculately clean, great breakfast and awesome customer service!! Highly recommend ! Comfortable beds, love the convenience of the kitchenette! Great place for a family visit very kid friendly. Beautiful outdoor area to sit and visit!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Naomi D

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Who knew!? No highly rated hotels in the Champaign-Urbana area so booked what we thought (hoped) would probably be the best of the group of new and relatively new mid-range hotels. Easy to find after a long drive from O'Hare, great check-in experience facilitated by a charming clerk, but the huge surprise was the room! Wow! A mini-condo with stainless steel appliances, dressing area, huge shower. Huge, clean, new! The linens were so wonderful That after the first three nights I went on-line and ordered the coverlet ( snowy white, airy, puckered, fluffy......) and lightweight comforter. (On Amazon, no less, under Marriott Linens). It was waiting for me when I got home.

The staff was professional and personable, and every one of them from desk clerk to housekeeping seemed happy to be employed there and happy to make the guests happy.

Handy , clean laundry room with new appliances. Handy, clean work-out room with good equipment.

I can't say enough about this hotel. Amazing quality for the price....we went on to a 4 1/2 star hotel in downtown Chicago which didn't come close to the quality, cleanliness and hospitality of the Residence Hotel in Champaign.

My only minor criticism is the free breakfast. (And it seems so petty because why would anyone complain about a FREE breakfast?). The first two days it seemed pretty good, but the selection didn't change for five days, except minimally. A small amount of effort could improve the breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank GUGRAD
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff here is excellent! The service was great! This hotel is obviously newer but still well maintained, clean and kept up! I definitely will stay here again. Vance, Emmitt and John were so very helpful and can't say enough about this hotel. I was there for 6 days and had two rooms and it was consistent service the whole time. Thank you to everyone at the hotel that made our stay an excellent time. (We were there delivering items to a family that had lost everything in a tornado last fall, so this was a very tiring and stressful trip - but they made it very comfortable for us while we were there.)

Room Tip: I can't say that there is a bad room in this place - the rooms no matter the floor or location s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Russ S
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was staying in the area for a week and booked 5 nights @ the Residence in. As soon as I got into the room I knew I had made the right decision. The studio suite has a very spacious layout and made my stay there very pleasant. My room and the entire location is very clean and well kept. I would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in the area, whether it's for a short or long-term stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Champaign on June 27 and 28. We both loved the room. It was like having our own little apartment. The room arrangement and design is perfect for extended stay as well as over night. Whoever designed the room did an excellent job. It would be great to stay here if you are visiting children at the U of I, coming for weekend sports games, or extended business trips. You feel like you have a home away from home.

I loved the fire pit and patio area. Such a nice place to rest and relax.

The most important part is the room was so clean and everything is brand new. We slept like logs. The people that work at the hotel made us feel very welcome and answered all our questions about the area. The breakfast was very good. There was a choice of many items. The scrambled eggs and new potatoes were delicious. If we come to Champaign again this is the place we will stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. It was so easy to get in and out of the hotel. There was parking all...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valena C
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Champaign for 4 days while our son attended a camp at U of I. This facility was a great choice for a stay of this length. The layout of the rooms is great, and the furniture was very comfortable. Loved the kitchen and outdoor grill! The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. Couldn't have asked for any more!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamra B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have never actually entered a review before, but my stay (an entire month) in Champaign was made so much better thanks to the staff at this location. John (the manager) and his crew make you feel so welcome and at home. They take great pride in their hotel and it really shows. I cannot say enough good things about this crew. Also, the housekeeping and kitchen folks took wonderful care of me and made sure I had a good breakfast to take to work every day. I would highly recommend this hotel for personal and business travel. Thanks again!

Room Tip: I had a great room on the 4th floor (top floor) with a great view of the firepit. (407)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business