“I was blown away at how awesome the staff is!”

Hyatt Place Champaign
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Chicago, Illinois
“I was blown away at how awesome the staff is!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My girlfriend and I found ourselves in Champaign last weekend for the Bloomington Gold show and decided to spend the night at the brand new Hyatt Place. We were both blown away at the personalized guest service and attention to detail. We simply can not believe we stayed there opening week as everything flowed so perfectly, it seemed the staff were in fluid motion with one another for years.
I am a hotel snob, I work in the industry and have for over 16 years. I so wish I had the opportunity to take your staff with me. However then they will not be there for the many more trips we plan to take to Champaign. My girlfriend went to school at U of I and I am in love with corvettes, hence the Bloomington Gold trip.
I apologize for not recalling names as those should be recognized. The woman who checked us in made us feel as if we were in her home (night of June 28). The ladies in the the breakfast area the following morning (June 29) made sure every guest was happy and was genuine in their care for those with kids by bringing crayons and coloring menus for them to play with and enjoy. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. The tables and chairs were spotless.
The entire hotel from the parking garage to the stairway to the elevator to the food area to the sidewalk outside was spotless as well.
The room was ideal for our stay and we will certainly bring our children next time as the hotel and area are very kid friendly.
Absolutely WOW!

Room Tip: The views from the 9th floor are amazing!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank H G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The restaurant was very disorganized. Staff did not know what they were doing. Waiting 1hr10 minutes for a soup/salad combo, 2 chicken quesadilla. The couple there when we arrive, waiting with 3 small children had been waiting 1hr 30 min before there food came out. I believe they need to close this area of the hotel until they can get an organized staff of cooks and waiters. Our waiter was also in the kitchen, front desk, and after asking if there was anything else - he proceeded to the front desk area and started working with another guest. Where was the ticket?
Oh, no silverware or napkins either for a while. Back to the ticket. There was no ticket because I refused to pay. I was planning on looking around the hotel, check out the pool area and such - but by the time lunch was over I was never coming back! Good Luck but the restaurant was an after thought.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank nancy l
Victor P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Champaign, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. There is no excuse for having you wait such extreme lengths of time for food. We as a new hotel learned a lesson that day and we apologize that you were on the negative side of that lesson. Moving forward we have made some necessary changes so that yourself or anyone else does not have to suffer at our expense. Again we do apologize and hope that we can serve you better in the future if you are gracious enough to give us another chance.

Warm regards.
Travellers also viewed these Champaign hotels
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
I Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
La Quinta Inn Champaign
La Quinta Inn Champaign
#7 of 25 in Champaign
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown

Been to Hyatt Place Champaign? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Champaign

Property: Hyatt Place Champaign
Address: 217 N Neil St, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820-4012
Region: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Champaign
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Champaign 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place Champaign reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.