“Great experience!”

Curtis Orchard & Pumpkin Patch
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Champaign
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Escape to the country at Curtis Orchard from July 20 - December 20. This farm in southwest Champaign features apples, pumpkins and a large country store. Shop for specialty food items and take home the farm's fresh apple cider. Try their famous donuts & pies, along with great meals in September & October. The orchard offers free admission & parking. Entertainment options for a fee include a giant slide, obstacle course, corn maze & pony rides. Free activities include a playground & petting zoo. Pick-your-own apples and pumpkins are purchased in the store.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My family and I got to pick our own Ginger Gold and William's Pride apples today. The price was $10 for a U-pick bag or $9 each for two or more bags. We were also able to sample the apples so we could pick which apple we would like to pick more off. I thought that was very nice of them to offer samples. There is also a small petting zoo with a miniature horse and some goats and chickens. I would absolutely love to come back and pick apples here next year. It was not crowded at all. The apples are delicious!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Plenty of activities for kids and adults. They have a store with apples, apple donuts, pies, popcorn and other apple related goods. Store seems to have expanded since I was there last Autumn. A fun place to go for pick your own pumpkin!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I've been going to Curtis Orchard for 15 years now. It's grown a lot, but still has a nice down-home feel.
In college I went with friends. I've taken grade school classes there on fieldtrips. Now I take my toddler there to play. I could recommend the corn maze and visiting the goats. I haven't gotten to some of the newer activities, but I will when my boy is older. The gift shop is really nice. We visited the pumpkin patch for a few years - go in early October!
Starting this month, however, I will be going there weekly for some incredible HONEYCRISP apples! I completely snub the grocery store apples for these babies. I counted the bag once, and it came out to about $1 per apple. Totally worth every penny!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Curtis Orchard is a great place to enjoy the Fall season. We have visited several times to pick apples and pumpkins. I would definitely recommend purchasing some apple butter, apple donuts and fresh apple cider! They are staples in our house during the Fall.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great place to spend the day with the kids. Lots of fun stuff to see and do. This is often a destination location for school groups, scout troops, etc. Not only do you get to search out the perfect pumpkin in the fall, but there are apples of almost every variety, including the so delish Honeycrisp, my absolute favorite. Can't ever go there without taking home some of the fresh apple donuts either! The apple cider is the best cider I've ever tasted.