“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Champaign

Quality Inn & Suites Champaign
Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
San Jose, California
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed here in January and it was largely a pleasant experience. The front desk staff were all pleasant and helpful and went out of their way to give me directions. The hotel lobby and the room were clean and the morning breakfast was ample with a lot of choices.

The carpet in the room did look a little dated and the walls seemed to have been recently painted but the job was not fully done.

This is a no-frills accommodation and what you get is what you pay for. This should not be confused with a multi-star hotel or a family resort.

Room Tip: Had a room on the first floor which was clean and no bugs!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sushar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hobart Indiana, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Reviews are not always what they seem.... I totally freaked myself out by reading all the reviews. We had super fast check-in, great first floor suite by side entrance for easy access. Rooms were clean, updated, no smells, and very comfortable! The breakfast was good, waffles were tasty. Convenient location to University of Illinois. We went during a packed weekend with a big basketball tournament with a lot of kids staying there and it wasn't loud or unbearable as some of the reviews said. The only negative I can say, was the pool and hot tub water was murky, but the following morning it was cleaned. Really glad we decided to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had and I didn't even stay one night! The hotel is in a "shady" area and looks like a crack house on the outside. The lobby is dirty and disgusting. The GSR checking us in was in the back messing around and took several minutes to wait on us. Finally, he appeared and was as unprofessional as he could be. Finally, we are checked in and head to our rooms.

I ALWAYS check the beds before I set any bags on them or sit down/lay down on them. I am so glad I did. As soon as I pulled away the pillow, there it was: A BED BUG! We went to the front desk and rang the bell again: the GSR took his sweet time. Then he didn't believe us, so I took him down and showed him the still living bug. We went back to the lobby and the GSR started waiting on other guests. Finally, he said "so, what are you going to do?" We were puzzled: we wanted a new room, but there are no other rooms. The entire town is booked. Then he said that I probably planted the bug there...why would I do that??? Then he proceeded to argue with me in the lobby and said I could call around to see if there were other rooms. I said this is YOUR job; he continued to argue with me. I said I wanted to talk to a manger: "I AM the manager!" I don't believe that.

The pool was dirty, the hot tub broken (I could see this through the glass), and the people walking in and out were very "shady."

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY here. The GSR or "manager" needs to be fired!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Champaign hotels

Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

Dirty, outdated and shabby are the best things I can of this hotel. Its carpet was smelly and worn...to begin. The elevator was worse. I lost all expectations stepping off on the second floor. Worse. The room was not as described and I felt like looking for a different hotel. Luckily I just needed 7 hours of sleep--and was never happier than when leaving. Worst hotel experience ever.

Room Tip: don't bother.
Goshen, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Talking with the staff was just a painful experience. Both in person and on the phone. They seem to have no desire to please the guests. I left all of my interactions with them very disappointed. The staff would start shaking their heads before I even finished making simple requests. And then they also got my bill wrong.
The room was poor quality. The bed was the only decent thing. It was still comfortable.
The swimming pool and spa were gross and in bad need of cleaning. Would not stay again. And probably will avoid this brand of hotel just because of this experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here over the weekend and it was nice, the kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub, the beds were comfy, I loved the pillows, the bathroom is a little small. Breakfast in the morning was great! Lots of great choices and everything was very good!

HAMMOND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

For her birthday, our daughter wanted to see Penn State play at Illinois. I used Choice Privileges Points for this room. We had a 1st floor room so my husband could park the minivan outside the window to our room (has security issues). The room was large enough for the 4 of us but I would have preferred a refrigerator & microwave which was only available in the 2nd floor suites. The kids used the indoor pool and whirlpool which they enjoyed. In the morning, breakfast was in the lobby with juice, coffee, and waffle-maker along with wrapped snack cakes. It was sufficient to get us going on our way after check-out so we could get to the stadium before game time. There was a coffee-maker in the room, so I asked the front desk clerk for extra coffee for the morning. I would stay here again - safe & quiet - near a mall.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family