“Good nights sleep: convenient and value”

Quality Inn & Suites Champaign
Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed at this inn twice during recent trip across Illinois. We've spent many nights in Champaign/Urbana and are used to the very worn chain hotels that are part of a college town.

We found this inn to be better than most in its league and one that we would use as a core resting spot on repeat trips. This inn is one that will surface from travel sites as a value. Based on our experience, that is valid. Compared to similar hotels in the area the rooms are in better shape and amenities are at least average for a Quality Inn nationally. The breakfast is average and may or may not hit. Our first night there was very little on offer when we got to breakfast around 8am. On the return things were better and less picked over. Don't stay here for the food. If you want a nice breakfast there are plenty of restaurants nearby including a Panera a few blocks away. The pool is average and clean. Front desk staff was friendly both times and a pleasant part of the visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Very good value with above average hot breakfast bar. Krish welcomed us and did an excellent job checking us into 2 rooms. Also greeted us in morning to be sure our stay was up to standards. Decent hot breakfast bar with good selection. All staff very friendly. Clean room flat screen TV.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Clean, friendly and accommodating staff, quiet room, decent breakfast. Workout room was decently equipped with towels, water, etc. and the pool had towels available with nice deck area. Not bad for the price! The room was clean, wireless interenet connection good, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Joan_HCC
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel was not in keeping with the star rating. The room carpet was filthy, the bed sheets were worn and paper thin, toilet seat stained, noisy A/C. What more can I say. Only good comment is convenience to interstate and restaurants.

Room Tip: TGI Fridays is close by and has good service and food.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rivrman
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The check in and morning staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable for all four of the travelers in our party. Finally, the breakfast had a better selection than most. It was kept stocked. I would have liked yogurt and unsweetened oatmeal but I like my food healthier than most. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I was visiting Champaign for my son's commencement event and even tough I tried booking a hotel over 4 months in advance, I could not get any hotel but this one. I had an impression that this was not a great hotel, but since I did not have a choice, I decided to rough it out for the two days.
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The staff was pleasant, the check in was quick and the rooms were clean and comfortable.
This would not be my first or even second choice hotel in champaign, but it is not bad at all !

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 7leagueboot
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in but a negative experience overall. We hadn't had the best of days and looked forward to a comfortable room for the night. My first impression was "oh no - doesn't look good". The entrance looked like some work was being done but ended before it was finished - unsanded plaster around the door. The individual working behind the desk was far from welcoming - handed me a paper and said "sign this" - but no pen available. The elevator carpet was very dirty and terribly hot & stuffy inside - didn't encourage any confidence that it would actually make it up to the 2nd floor. The heater in the room was blowing and I was unable to turn off the blower - the room was way too hot. The desk clerk did give me a different room - that heater did work but the toilet ran off and on all night long. We skipped the breakfast altogether anxious to leave as soon as possible! We choose this hotel because we only needed a place to sleep and have had good luck with the Quality Inns. However, I would never return to the one in Champaign, Illinois!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple