“Okay, but will not go back”

Americas Best Value Inn Champaign
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Naples, Florida
“Okay, but will not go back”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We made the reservation over the internet. The room price was $52 a night, but the taxes were about $23. Kinda felt like a bait and switch, but it was still cheaper than others. The place was quiet, and fairly clean, but still a bit off. The area where the hotel is located kept me VERY aware of my surroundings. Add to that the back door did not lock and the Pawn Shop next door made for a bit of restless sleep. Having to do it over again, I would not have checked in and found a place more to my liking, but time of night and long drive before hand kept me from trying elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mohan P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Champaign, responded to this review, 4 June 2015
Dear Tingtangfla,

Thank you for your review of our facility .
We are working to ensure every guest that stays with us has a pleasant stay.
Your review helps us work on our flaws .
Thank you for staying with us.

Mohan Panchal

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Deer Creek, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The air conditioner was not working in our room. They did provide a fan, and we were able to open the window for a breeze. I would not recommend it for an extended stay, but our overnight was ok. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mohan P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Champaign, responded to this review, 4 June 2015
Dear Teresa H.

Thank you for your review of our facility. We appreciate your input.
We are working hard to ensure that all our guests have a pleasant stay.

Rose Huyke
Front desk manager

Travellers are raving about these Champaign hotels

chesterfield South Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Garmin showed us the way to a local hotel. I punched my Garmin the next day. Took ten minutes before someone showed up at the front desk. Got two rooms for about $75.00 a piece. One room had to kill spiders and yet my daughter in law still had something crawl across her face during the night. Sheetrock above shower head is rotted out and stained. Looked like a tobacco spit target. All areas around edges of room look like they never were vacuumed. The yellow/brownish stain on one of the bed sheets was gross but at least we figured it was maybe a clean stain. Complimentary breakfast was a comical breakfast. My eyes and nose we assaulted with a smell that had a distinct toilet overflow issue in the lobby area. Skip breakfast save life. The reason we stopped was because the Garmin showed it to be a Days Inn and they have been descent in the past. Should have known something was up when I seen scrap carpets behind the motel being used for mulch in their garden. I was waiting for the chickens to strut by which is something you need to do if you see this place!

Room Tip: Yeah, drive across the road to the Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear J.M.

Thank you for your review of our hotel.We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay.
We are working hard to improve our facility and ensure that each guests stay is a pleasant one.
We would like to offer you a 15% discount on your next stay and invite you to review us again.

Mohan panchal
General manager
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The room and beds were cleaned. The person at the front desk was very helpful. Continental breakfast starts at 6:30 in the morning.

Although not right off the exit, the hotel is convenient located just 2 minutes off I-74. They were easy to get to; they are located by some gas stations and a McDonalds. It was worth the stay for me and my family at a great price ($63 including tax).

• Stayed July 2013
Collinsville, IL
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Located just off I 74 south side of the highway. It is forty bucks (at least) cheaper than the hotels on the north side of 74. Micky d is down the block and every king of restaurant and bar you can imagine is across the highway in the mall. This place appears to be a former motel 6. Desk was helpful and quick halls and rooms were clean, modern and quiet. If you want a place to sleep this is it!

• Stayed April 2013