“Decent place, good value. I would stay there again.”
Review of Super 8 Champaign

Super 8 Champaign
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My son and I stayed one night before going on a campus tour of the University of Illinois. It was a Sunday night and not a lot of folks there. Front desk person was very friendly and even offered to help carry our bags. We got a room right up front. Everything was fine and functional with it. Breakfast was very basic. We're not big eaters so it was fine but a very sparce selection of items. It was a good value though being at the lower end of the price range for the area. I would stay there again. I have to mention too that they have a pop machine where you buy name brand 12 oz. cans of soda for only 50 cents. And candy bars for 75 cents. That was amazing at a hotel (where you typically pay 1.25 or more for each). Wireless worked without a hitch also.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I was traveling late in the day and saw this place. Drove up and explained I was tired and had a Pet with Me and did They allow pets. The other Super 8 in Champaign did not accept pets. Was given a room on the first floor and spent the night. The Desk Clerks were very accomodating and the room was clean and comfortable. Pet fee was $10 per day like posted in the Guest Book.

Room Tip: Clean and Coimfortable Place to Stay
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I requested the charges for this hotel stay be refunded because of two reasons:

1) Breakfast is supposed to be included; what was served was small muffins (store-bought and sealed in plastic wrap), banana, apple, coffee. This is a poor excuse for a breakfast.

2) The primary problem is that my wife used the hotel iron to press a white blouse; the iron stained the blouse. When she raised the concern to the manager he offered only to put a different iron in the room. He refused to assist in resolving the problem in any other way (such as cleaning the blouse, compensating for the blouse, or discounting or refunding the hotel). He was extremely rude to both my wife and I and in the presence of our son.

I travel frequently and am aware of expectations and reasonable customer service. This hotel did not meet these reasonable expectations and demonstrated no regard for customers.

I booked this hotel via hotels.com and they were great, they contacted the hotel manager and confirmed the issue and have ISSUED a FULL REFUND. THANK YOU HOTELS.COM

As I was leaving, another person was checking in; I paid them $10 to take their business elsewhere and they did!!!

In regards to Super 8 Hotels, I will never stay with them again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here; the manager is RUDE
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Nothing fancy or new here, but a good clean place to lay your head at night. Staff is very friendly, helpful and extremely accommodating. Prices are very low but don't let that frighten you. Close to shopping and eating.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2011

When my 80+ year old parents needed to cancel, they called the day prior to the visit & were told to call back to talk to a manager. Five calls later over the course of18 hours, they claimed no manager available. They gave the same story to the representative from Wyndham rewards program when we tried to obtain their assistance. You do not want to deal with these people. Trust me.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank ValentineMary
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Have stayed here multiple times. Very clean place. Always accommodating. Good value for price. Always offer to help bring in luggage. Very friendly. Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I was helping my brother move to the Champaign area and had to get an inexpensive hotel for the night while we waited for the apartment to be ready in the morning. I chose this hotel because it was pet friendly (they have 2 cats) and because they offered free WIFI.
Once we got to the hotel I was told it was a $10 charge per animal, this fee is not displayed anywhere on the super 8 website, and instantly made it more expensive than nicer hotels in the area.
The WIFI does NOT work I had a PC laptop and my brother had a MacBook, it wouldn't work with either, when I contacted the front desk about the issue, they said it was working fine and didn't offer to remedy the situation.
Carpets were dirty and stained, matresses were stained with urine and blood, the floorboards sunk down a couple of inches when steping into them.
Stay away, dont make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family