“great for short or long term stays...”

Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have been here on and off since February of 2011.Great place,great service,issues with your stay resolved promptly..great staff...great value for your money.Oh,light breakfast is available from 6-10 am.walking distance to everything..grocery,dept stores,and yeah...the mall

ANDREW S.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and the great service you received at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is stretching the point when they claim to be an extended stay. The room isn't really any larger than a normal hotel room with a refrigerator and two burner stove and microwave. It's really quite cramped and seems to appeal to the party set, especially on the weekends. They claim that the longer you stay, the less you pay but it's $2000/mo for two people and that's pretty steep. It should be much nicer at that price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room size and price. Our rooms are considered standard throughout the hotel industry. We have added the kitchen area to give our guests added value for their lodging dollars. Each room type has a rate tier based on your length of stay. A stay of 30+ days will get the lowest Best Available Rate for that room in that market for the chosen dates. As is true in all industries rates are based on Market and demand, and therefore may fluctuate throughout the year. I hope this helps some with your questions. In response to your feedback, I am sending your comments to my supervisor. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to my District Manager at URB@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

After reading several negative reviews, I was somewhat apprehensive about staying here. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of both the staff and the facilities.

Check-in was handled efficiently, and the property's amenities were carefully explained without my having to ask.

The room itself had very clean carpeting, and the floor area in the small kitchen was spotless. The bedding was good and the bed itself comfortable. The furniture showed some wear, but this was certainly nothing that warranted complaint.

Water pressure was excellent as was the temperature of the hot water. Some of the towels were a bit thin, while others were quite comfortable - not a big deal. But ,like many hotels of this level - the soap was not of good quality - so bring your own.

Overall, Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana was a very good value at a very reasonable price.

Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John K
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Reviewed 1 August 2012

while I have to agree with the reviews the front desk staff are very nice and friendly...the rooms are less then clean and smell. when you come in the front lobby the smell is just a glimmer of what the rooms will smell like. I repeatedly requested a non-smoking room...but as the front desk staff said..."it is impossible to keep them from smoking in the non-smoking rooms"

if you smoke and have pets this might be a place you would like to stay....it is cheap and it has a kitchen ...but quite frankly I existed the night I arrived to candlewood across the parking lot to a lovely clean smelling NON SMOKING facility.

Room Tip: it does not help to ask for a nonsmoking room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank radyfurst
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was happy to read that you experienced top-notch guest service from the staff, but disappointed to read about the rest of your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room, or one that smells like smoke, when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have stayed at most of the hotels in Champaign over the years and have paid high prices for medium quality rooms. Extended stay is my cup of tea. Although there isn't any service after 11pm. I am usually in bed at that time. My son and I stayed there while he was being recruited by the University football team. We offended someone in another room. I was sitting on the bed and told my son I could put my plastic 20oz bottle in the trash can in the kitchenette. I flipped it over my head and bingo it went in. He laughed and had to try, after about 15 tries I told him to give it to me. He did and I flipped it behind my back and over my head and it went in a second time. I laughed at him for 20 mins. He kept trying until we received a call from the front desk asking if we had a dog in our room. The guy at the front desk sounded a little sinister and after I told him no we didn't have a dog, he kept telling me what a penalty was for having a dog. I finally had it and told him I didn't give a sh#$ what the penalty was because we didn't have a dog and if he didn't believe me to tote his a&^% up here and look for himself. Believe it or not he did! I was a real butt after that and took my pants off while he was standing there and talked with him in my underware, he seemed most uncomfortable at this so I took my shirt off. It made my son and I's day and Achmad? was a little offended, but so was I.
In the morning I discovered that achmad didn't work for the hotel and it was a sham that this guy pulled. They apologised all over and I laughed about it. It could have been dangerous if it would have been someone else, but I am a huge man and a former athlete and my son is 6'4" 270 pound monster that benches 425 as a 17 year old. I think Achmad was more scared of him than me takiing off my pants.
Buy the way, the room was clean, the beds hard (i like them that way) and price right. I will stay there. The bus stop for the University is less that 1/10 mile away and the bus takes you anywhere on campus. It saves on parking during games at mamorial stadium and assembly hall. MTD the bus line is great also.
I would recommend this place over their next door neighbor (country Inn, nice hotel and twice the price). I stayed recently at the Red Roof Inn and although I usually like the RED ROOF this time it was a dump with mold in the tub.
Extended Stay was great and ws just what I wanted. If your needy and want the front desk to hold your hand all night long though, this isn't the place for you.
There are all kinds of resturants in the area. We visited Fazoili's, Alexanders Steak House, Panera Bread ad others. There is a Miejers and walmart within 2 miles to meet any other needs you might have and gas and auto repair is available close.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Champaign - Urbana. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I been staying here with the wonderful folks in CU for over a year now, on family business. The staff are excellent, knowledgeable, friendly, and have come to feel like family to me. The room is perfect for me needs, at a price perfect for my budget! The location is perfect, with all shopping and restaurant needs within a mile or two. I have stayed here before, and would/will gladly stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Champaign - Urbana. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Ryan H.was the best front desk man ever! He was very helpful and courteous! I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Champaign - Urbana. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.