“Amazing Hotel”
Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #61 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed at the Dana for 4 nights in a Corner King Room, which was a amazing. Our room had floor to ceiling windows with a breathtaking view of the city. We appreciated the free WiFi, Ipod dock and Keurig coffie maker. Awesome bed, linens and pillows, didn't want to get out of bed in the morning!. We visited the roof top bar for cocktails one evening and had a great time. The service at the Dana is excellent, Blair at the front desk is so kind and helpful and TJ at the front door is awesome and so helpful as well. The location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance to shopping, restaurants and museums. We will absolutely stay at the Dana on our next visit to Chicago.

Room Tip: Corner King room is breathtaking!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DDTSarasota

Reviewed 8 May 2012

what a great boutique hotel in great location just off Michigan ave! check out through cool roofbar and relax on the balconies soaking in the city.... super strength showers and relaxing beds... my only complaint is the frustrating lifts but don't worry cos the friendly staff will help you out... repeat visit will happen for me....

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Shinair
Reviewed 6 May 2012

got a jettsetter deal with a great rate. wifi was free, and the room came with a $10 daily breakfast credit.

got a nice corner room, which i preferred compare to the ones with floor to ceiling windows which you could see from the street. but as with other reviewers here, had trouble with thin doors/walls. could near a lot of noise from the hallway.

the room itself was very good. comfortable bed. enough storage and workspace. my only issue was the overstocked minibar. i could not use the ref, and there were just too many things in the ref and on the table.

awesome bathroom. great rain shower, water pressure and temp.

hotel service was nice and polite. valets and bellhops very helpful. breakfast at the resraurant was rock solid too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I booked this hotel via Expedia as a wildcard. Supposedly 40% discount off the published rate. I was ripped off by Expedia and the hotel, only getting 20% discount off what was the walk in rate for the room. Of course expedia did nothing.

This was made worse by the fact that my room was located on the 25th floor under the disco. The bass was dreadful. I complained but of course the hotel did nothing.

The hotel staff attitude was dismissive. They did not help at all.

Don't stay there. Overpriced and poor service. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't book it. I
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Chris W
danahotelandspa, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to bring your recent stay to our attention. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority, and I am sorry you did not experience that during your stay. We were able to locate your booking which will allow us to pin point our coaching and counseling efforts. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Chicago you give us another shot and please feel free to contact me directly.

best regards,
liana clark
director of sales and marketing

Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is a modern hotel with unpainted concrete ceilings in the rooms, glass wall from the bedroom to the shower and free wifi. Good beds, clean rooms and well staffed with helpful people

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed for 3 nights April 27 - April 30. I had booked the room with southwest as part of a vacation package. Upon arrival, the doorman, TJ, was incredibly friendly and helpful. The girl at the front was also helpful and offered us a room with more windows which we accepted. The view was wonderful and location is great. The room was cleaned daily. My main complaint is when checking out, I was asked if I wanted a receipt, I said yes. Then I was told I had no receipt because I had prepaid (which I had prepaid through southwest) but I always like to verify charges when my account information has been scanned. When I arrived back home I checked my account and had 150 dollar charge from the hotel. I called the hotel and was told "oh it's probably an incidental deposit and will be credited back in 35 days after checkout." I think if you are going to charge someone, you "probably" should be able to indicate what the charge is for especially when the tv screen said no charges as well as the front desk and the fees were charged the second night of our stay. And 35 days for the credit to appear? I think this is misleading and staff should "probably" offer to look into customer's inquiries as good business measure rather than rush them off the phone.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank JenCab
Reviewed 29 April 2012

As we entered the lobby we thought wow this looks nice and upbeat and fun. But, the more the day wore on the more disappointment set in. First we got pedicures which were ok but overpriced. Go figure. The next was the workout facility. It had 2 treadmills which only 1 worked 1 bike and some weights. We were led to believe there were 2 restaurants in the hotel one on the top floor one in the lobby. As we soon find out that the room we are in on the 25th floor was actually under the dance club on the 26th floor that lasted until 3am very big disappointment. Overall I would have to say not again:( They actually refunded our spa money to compensate for our troubles they entirely missed the point they need to worn people that it is VERY loud on the top floors

Room Tip: Anything on the lower level
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple