“My actual favourite hotel anywhere”
Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #59 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love this hotel. The rooms are amazing, and the location is perfect. I've stayed a couple of times and will definitely be staying next time I'm in Chicago. The gym is good, and the Vertigo Bar on the top floor is a great place to end a night.

Room Tip: Definatley worth upgrading the room to one of their exec rooms / mini suites (the corner rooms) wher...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hi Gee_Monkey,

Thank you for the great review and your loyalty to the dana hotel and spa! It is always a pleasure welcoming you back and we look forward to doing so many more times.

Liana

Write a ReviewReviews (4,118)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The entrance is typical 'boutique' with the registration desk located one floor up/elevator or stairs away from the street entrance on State Street. The check-on host, Lindsey, couldn't have been more welcoming. We discussed a choice of two rooms and I selected the lower floor with the more dramatic view. I was not disappointed. I loved the towels and the bed linens. I would have liked the television to angle a little more to the bed for easier viewing, but I really saw all I needed to. I was there on business and didn't need the restaurants nearby, although, they were plentiful. I has a small mishap on the bottom of my foot where the wooden floor met the carpet ... but after a day, it was better. I would definitely stay there again. Their restaurant served a basic, but good breakfast ... which I enjoyed two of my four mornings there. Good coffee, great multigrain toast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marcy S,
We are so glad you picked the dana hotel and spa for your business trip and that you had such a pleasant experience. Lindsey is a great asset to our team and I will pass your compliments on to our front office manager so she knows how great of a job he is continuing to do. We’re delighted to hear that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Dana hotel is very nice for the price. The location in the city just can't be better. When we arrived at the hotel we have been upgraded to a beautiful suite with a huge shower. The room was very nice but a little too dark for me- Question of taste. Bed was very comfortable and great mini bar. There was some little bad details like used table and floor and little things like that wich should be fixed but overall it was a very nice expérience and a very good hotel in the center of chicago

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hi ericvanasse,
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa! We’re very glad to hear you loved our location so much, close to shopping and the lake front. As for the rooms, we are in the process of going through and refreshing them so the issues you mentioned won’t be an issue for long. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have stayed in several Chicago Hotels over several years and the Dana was "top notch". Everyone was actually happy to have us as a customer and showed it with smiles and enthusiasm. Will definitely stay here again. On top of that, a great location and roof top bar!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Bruce,
You are absolutely right we are very happy to have you as our guest. I am thrilled to hear you felt that way during your stay. We know there are a lot of options when it comes to choosing a hotel in Chicago. We are proud to be the hotel you choose. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please let us know the next time your travels bring you to Chicago we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Traveling to Chicago is one of my favorite business trips of the year and this year it was by far one of the best. Staying at the Dana Hotel was better than I expected! I walked into my room to be surprised the glass walls and incredible view of the city all lit up at night. The bed was luxurious and oh so comfy. The restaurant and room service menu food was delish! Needless to say that the staff and concierge were top notch.

The best part of my stay was my massage in the Spa. A definite must do!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Maggiemaceiras,

We are delighted that you choose to stay with us during your recent business trip to Chicago! Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our team, rooms, restaurant, rooms service and the spa. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago. When it comes time to plan please do not hesitate to speak with our reservations team directly.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

A chance to live in modern décor.

If you like lush carpet pile and an old English leather chair by a traditional fireplace then this is not for you. Instead modern décor, a fire pit on a roof bar!

The great news is that quality is maintained and the modern décor is very comfortable.

The staff are a little distant. The hotel is extremely well located for great bars and restaurants.

If you want to have a great and memorable stay in Chicago.

Room Tip: Request a corner room with two glass walls.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dave H,
Thank you taking the time to write this review. These reviews are important to us as we refer to them for so much. I am sorry you found out staff a little distant. We are happy to hear overall you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for choosing the dana hotel and spa as your home away from home in Chicago. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel in over the Memorial day weekend. This hotel was nice, the staff was friendly. Me and my companion stayed on one of the higher level floors near the elevator, which was an issue as because there was a lot of traffic by the area due to the hotel being busy and the night club is located on the top floor and it was very noisy. We could hear everything. In addition to the noise complaint the bathroom was odd, there was a walk in shower which kept clogging up and there was no door to the bathroom (talk about no privacy) Other than that the rooms were nice and the bed was comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sky5694,
We are very grateful that you choose the dana hotel and spa for your stay in Chicago. I am sorry you found it noisy we are testing out a few sound panel options with the assistance of an acoustical engineer and plan to have that rectified as soon as possible. I shared your review with your engineering team and asked them to investigate our drains on the top floors to resolve that promptly. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We would love to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.