dana hotel and spa
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$405
US$345
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$133
US$101
  • Room Service
4,237 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsvertigo loungerooftop bartranquil suitecomfy kinggreat locationcorner kingsmall balconyrain showertop floorstate streetboutique hotelwhole foodsroom servicemini bargreat roomriver north
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Dana has a great location close to the magnificent mile and lots of cool restaurant, visit Hubbard street. The hotel is great everyone is really friendly, the in house restaurant is great with twist to old classics. The room was amazing specially the showers! The amenities are great!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the dana for your stay in Chicago. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to write a review for us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Chicago!
Liana Clark

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Dana for two nights while we were in Chicago for a wedding. We arrived extremely early on Friday morning and from the first interaction we had with the front staff to the desk staff was positive. We were able to preregister and leave our bags while we went down to the restaurant for breakfast. The service in the restaurant was fantastic, staff was attentive and diligent making sure all needs were met.

The room was fine. The bed was way to soft/hot for our taste but if you like that then it will be a great bed for you. There is also a major lack of privacy in the bathroom- a glass wall looking from the bed to the shower to the toilet. There is a curtain to close but really it didn't do much.
Room service was tasty - the sliders and the turkey panini were hits.

Friday night we tried to go with our group to the Lounge on the roof but it was so loud and crowded that it was not really right for the 6 of us, hoping to catch up and enjoy cocktails. It is meat markety and the constant flow of drunk girls and sleazy guys was off-putting. We ended up heading down to the bar space above the restaurant that was empty and were able to get drinks downstairs and bring them up. The bartenders were great, helping to make our night a real hit.

Downsides: The night staff at the front desk was rude and condescending when we had to check out at 415 in the morning and tried to navigate the locked doors before then. It was not a great last impression of The Dana; and the bed; the ELEVATORS: the staff can over-ride the guest elevator cards and it can be hard to get to where you need to go.

Overall it was a great stay. Hotel was a block from the wedding we went to so it made for easy navigation of Chicago. For the most part all the staff was helpful and knowledgable. If you are looking for a romantic hotel stay and don't mind the soft bed, this would be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay above the 20th floor. The noise from the club will keep you awake.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bklyncuple,
Thank you for writing such a detailed review. I’m pleased to hear that your stay overall was enjoyable albeit a few negatives. It’s great to hear that you got to take advantage of our outlets such as the restaurant and room service and enjoyed both. I will be passing your compliments regarding our staff onto the managers as well as the comment regarding our night staff as they should be just as helpful and accommodating as the daytime staff is. I do apologize for their rudeness. We hope you will choose to come back and visit us again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This last weekend, my friends surprised me for my 30th birthday with a one night stay at the Dana Hotel and Spa. I love this hotel. The staff is top notch! Tim and Romeo at the concierge desk are so friendly and go above and beyond to help you plan events. Our room was very comfortable and had all the amenities we would need. We had a great view of State St. which was amazing once the night life took over the streets. We had drinks at the Vertigo Sky Lounge to start the night. Amazing city views and great vibes! You can get a great picture with the city in the background. We really enjoyed our stay and we will be back again!

Room Tip: I had a room with a view of State St. which has tons of restaurants and bars along it. It was a great view of the night life!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hi Kendra G

Happy belated Birthday! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. It great to hear that you started your evening with Vertigo tag us in your vertigo photos we would love to see your photo's! I will make sure Tim and Romeo see your review as it will make their day! We are looking forward to seeing you again!
Cheers,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love this hotel. The rooms are amazing, and the location is perfect. I've stayed a couple of times and will definitely be staying next time I'm in Chicago. The gym is good, and the Vertigo Bar on the top floor is a great place to end a night.

Room Tip: Definatley worth upgrading the room to one of their exec rooms / mini suites (the corner rooms) where the bathroom is just amazing!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hi Gee_Monkey,

Thank you for the great review and your loyalty to the dana hotel and spa! It is always a pleasure welcoming you back and we look forward to doing so many more times.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The entrance is typical 'boutique' with the registration desk located one floor up/elevator or stairs away from the street entrance on State Street. The check-on host, Lindsey, couldn't have been more welcoming. We discussed a choice of two rooms and I selected the lower floor with the more dramatic view. I was not disappointed. I loved the towels and the bed linens. I would have liked the television to angle a little more to the bed for easier viewing, but I really saw all I needed to. I was there on business and didn't need the restaurants nearby, although, they were plentiful. I has a small mishap on the bottom of my foot where the wooden floor met the carpet ... but after a day, it was better. I would definitely stay there again. Their restaurant served a basic, but good breakfast ... which I enjoyed two of my four mornings there. Good coffee, great multigrain toast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marcy S,
We are so glad you picked the dana hotel and spa for your business trip and that you had such a pleasant experience. Lindsey is a great asset to our team and I will pass your compliments on to our front office manager so she knows how great of a job he is continuing to do. We’re delighted to hear that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago.