“This is what a boutique hotel should be”
Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #54 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
“This is what a boutique hotel should be”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This my type of hotel. Hip, furnished with items that wouldn't look out of place in your own home, with a great view of Chicago. Nice top floor club, good breakfast, professional service from all. Pleasure to stay here for price paid.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi Greg M,
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa! We’re so pleased you enjoyed the dana. We loved hearing that you feel our fixtures are something that your would find in your own home. That was very important to us during development of the dana hotel and spa to get as close as possible to feeling like your home away from home. This continues to be important to us as we go through refreshing the rooms just as you would in your own home.
We hope to see you back again soon!

Liana Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I traveled to Chicago for a wedding in July for five days and the Dana was the perfect location to travel around the city. As others have mentioned, there is a rooftop lounge that is pretty happening. When I checked in, I requested a high floor but one where I wouldn't hear the music since I'm young but not that young to be listening to music pulsing thru my room when trying to sleep. Even on the 22nd floor, you could hear it but luckily I had plenty of late nights out so it wasn't a big deal. Also, the bathroom is cool but there is a noise factor if you are sharing the room as the bathroom door doesn't offer much privacy. The room had a few areas to address with tiles loose in the bathroom, the blackout shades not working and bubbled wallpaper - nothing that was too much of a hassle but showcases a lack of attention to detail but I also didn't report this things as I wasn't in the room that much. I will say the staff were excellent from the doorman to registration, really first class. I would stay here again but will really focus on the location of my room next time since I was near the elevator which club goers congregated at and also allowed the music to filter down to lower floors.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JustLishia
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am very pleased to hear our staff is living up to the high standards we hold ourselves to. I do want to apologize for the condition of the room. Those issues are currently being addressed as we are refreshing all of our guestrooms and suites. Please let us know the next time you are in Chicago so we can show you that even the smallest details are important to us. Our in house reservations department can help personalize your next stay.

Liana
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I found this hotel to be clean and the staff pleasant and friendly. The location is conveniently located near the subway and a divvy bicycle rental is right across the street. You can easily walk to the shopping district. It's just over a mile to Navy Pier -- an easy walk or rent a bicycle to get there quicker.
I would stay here again. Note: the bathroom layout is a bit awkward, so, if you are sharing a room, make sure you are comfortable with who are sharing.

Room Tip: Room has floor to ceiling windows. Bathroom shower has a glass wall that faces into the room -- ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 144JCopp,
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and for such a wonderful review! We’re pleased to hear you are such a fan of our River North location, close to so many amenities! We hope you got to take advantage of those many options while you were here. Hopefully we will see you in Chicago again soon!
Houston
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My two night stay was excellent. I had no problems with noise from the top floor club mentioned by others. My room was three levels below it and was not large but was big enough for two. The price was well below what all the nearby older hotels were charging. Definitely on my list as the first place to check for my next visit to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2014
Hi mark s,
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a delightful review! We hope you come back and see us again soon

Liana
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the DANA from a Monday through a Thursday for business. I had a cozy king room with a balcony and despite the very busy hotel my room was completely quiet and private. I love the view from the bed and enjoyed the luxury bedding. The staff was helpful. The breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was perfect and the doormen were awesome at remembering me (and that I needed a taxi early in the morning)

Getting there by train was super easy.
One thing to note; as the week grew the roof-top night club scene intensified. It's easy to avoid but the vibe is certainly there. I did not use the spa- maybe next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Janell V,
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We agree with you regarding the view from the cozy king room. The spa is definitely a must the next time you are in town! We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards
lclark@danahotelandspa.com
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The Dana was everything we expected and more. Great location...right in the center of everything. The staff was friendly and helpful...directions, recommendations etc. The view was spectacular. We loved everything about our stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear cardz_fanz
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you visit Chicago again soon, we’d love to welcome you back!
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a Great stay at the Dana. It is situation directly in the middle of everything you need to visit, eat, and see while in Chicago. You can walk to basically anywhere in the city, no problem. The room was very nice with full windows giving a nice view of the city. I can see if you have kids the shower window would be awkward but me and my fiance' enjoyed it!!! The rain shower was great and provided enough pressure. The bed slept really well for a hotel bed with nice pillows. The air conditioner acted up one night but eventually fixed itself. The mini bar refridgerator did not cool very well even when set on lowest setting. We tried the downstairs bar and restaurant for breakfast and was satisfied with the service and the food, as well as the portions given. We checked out the SkyBar one afternoon and was impressed with the bar and the great views. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again if I ever go back to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the floors near SkyBar if you go to bed early
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott D
Hi Scott D,
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us! We’re glad to hear you loved our great location as much as we do! Thank you for mentioning the wine coolers, After 6 years we are in the process of replacing all of them. We will take a look f them to make sure what we have in our rooms and suites is cooling properly. We do hope you do come back to Chicago and visit us again!