“Everything a boutique hotel should be.”
Review of dana hotel and spa

dana hotel and spa
Ranked #54 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Syracuse, New York
“Everything a boutique hotel should be.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Dana was such a refreshing change to your typical run-of-the-mill hotel. The staff was incredible, especially Tom, the doorman. Location was awesome- very close to shopping, great restaurants, and red line. Rooms were tiny, but super cool looking- and the shower alone is worth staying for.

• Stayed August 2014
Liana C, Director of Sales at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa and for taking the time to write this review. I will pass on your comments to Tom. We love when our guests remember someone from our team by name! We have a few different options when it comes to rooms. The next time your travels bring you to Chicago give us a call directly we would be happy to assist you in personalizing your stay.
Liana Clark
lclark@danahotelandspa.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Dana this last weekend. The hotel is great, the staff is attentive, and the rooms are beautiful. Everyone on staff was fantastic. We were in NYC last weekend and had a horrific stay at the SoHo Grand. The SoHo Grand needs to take a page from the Dana's book. We were especially impressed with the way their in room wine program is done. They literally have wine rack on the wall filled with an assortment of wines at very reasonable costs. It was great if you just want a glass of something while your getting ready to go out. I would take everyone's advice about asking for a room away from the nightclub on the 26th floor. In fact, they asked us if we would prefer to have a room a little lower to avoid the noise late night. That is what you want to see... a proactive approach to a known issue.We had one odd issue. Our in room phone's battery was going dead and wouldn't stop beeping. I took it downstairs just bc we couldn't stand it anymore. It was more comical than an issue! All said a great stay. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa and for the glowing review! We appreciate that you took the time to write this for us. We understand that luxury and comfort have different meanings to each of our guests, and being that we are the experts on our hotel we know it is our job to communicate all we can to you to ensure you have the best stay possible! The pesky phone battery, when they do start to go out, I think they purposely wait until we leave the room after inspection to start beeping.
Again, thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa and please feel free to call or email us directly the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.
London, England
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is in a great location, is cool and trendy with very friendly staff. The roof terrace is amazing and I really enjoyed the small gym. My room was very small and noisy, I could hear people in the corridor, people having a shower and a baby crying very clearly.
The room was clean and it was great to have a tea/coffee machine and an ipod docking station. There really wasn't enough space to work comfortably or to unpack.
So ups and downs really depending on what is important to you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate hearing both good and bad aspects of your stay. We’re glad to hear you loved our great location and our friendly staff! We have actually been working with an acoustical engineer to find ways to reduce the amount of noise that carries down the hall and to each room. As far s the size of the room, we have many different options, all various sizes of rooms. The next time you are in Chicago feel free to give our in house reservations department a call and I am confident they will find a room more to your liking.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This my type of hotel. Hip, furnished with items that wouldn't look out of place in your own home, with a great view of Chicago. Nice top floor club, good breakfast, professional service from all. Pleasure to stay here for price paid.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Greg M,
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa! We’re so pleased you enjoyed the dana. We loved hearing that you feel our fixtures are something that your would find in your own home. That was very important to us during development of the dana hotel and spa to get as close as possible to feeling like your home away from home. This continues to be important to us as we go through refreshing the rooms just as you would in your own home.
We hope to see you back again soon!

Liana Clark
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I traveled to Chicago for a wedding in July for five days and the Dana was the perfect location to travel around the city. As others have mentioned, there is a rooftop lounge that is pretty happening. When I checked in, I requested a high floor but one where I wouldn't hear the music since I'm young but not that young to be listening to music pulsing thru my room when trying to sleep. Even on the 22nd floor, you could hear it but luckily I had plenty of late nights out so it wasn't a big deal. Also, the bathroom is cool but there is a noise factor if you are sharing the room as the bathroom door doesn't offer much privacy. The room had a few areas to address with tiles loose in the bathroom, the blackout shades not working and bubbled wallpaper - nothing that was too much of a hassle but showcases a lack of attention to detail but I also didn't report this things as I wasn't in the room that much. I will say the staff were excellent from the doorman to registration, really first class. I would stay here again but will really focus on the location of my room next time since I was near the elevator which club goers congregated at and also allowed the music to filter down to lower floors.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JustLishia
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am very pleased to hear our staff is living up to the high standards we hold ourselves to. I do want to apologize for the condition of the room. Those issues are currently being addressed as we are refreshing all of our guestrooms and suites. Please let us know the next time you are in Chicago so we can show you that even the smallest details are important to us. Our in house reservations department can help personalize your next stay.

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I found this hotel to be clean and the staff pleasant and friendly. The location is conveniently located near the subway and a divvy bicycle rental is right across the street. You can easily walk to the shopping district. It's just over a mile to Navy Pier -- an easy walk or rent a bicycle to get there quicker.
I would stay here again. Note: the bathroom layout is a bit awkward, so, if you are sharing a room, make sure you are comfortable with who are sharing.

Room Tip: Room has floor to ceiling windows. Bathroom shower has a glass wall that faces into the room -- ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 144JCopp,
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and for such a wonderful review! We’re pleased to hear you are such a fan of our River North location, close to so many amenities! We hope you got to take advantage of those many options while you were here. Hopefully we will see you in Chicago again soon!
Houston
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My two night stay was excellent. I had no problems with noise from the top floor club mentioned by others. My room was three levels below it and was not large but was big enough for two. The price was well below what all the nearby older hotels were charging. Definitely on my list as the first place to check for my next visit to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2014
Hi mark s,
Thank you for choosing the dana hotel and spa! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a delightful review! We hope you come back and see us again soon