“Panoramic views”

Ranked #15 of 667 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: No trip to Chicago is complete without a visit to the top of the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere and The Ledge at Skydeck Chicago! Treat yourself to a "one stop Chicago" experience on your journey to the 103rd floor. Enjoy 360-degree views spanning up to 50 miles and 4 states and our most spectacular view - 1,353 feet straight down! "Dare to Stand Out" on The Ledge - glass balconies extending 4.3 Feet outside the building provide a thrilling, once in a lifetime experience!
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A must for a trip to Chicago. That first step on the clear platform is a little scary but the views are fantastic!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We went here one hour before the closing time. The waiting line was kinda long even though there were several of ledges. When we had the ledge to ourselves and hopped in, we didn't have a chance to stand there for a long time, probably less than 7 minutes. I thought it was scary going over the ledge but it wasn't because people who were waiting in line kept looking and rushing us. If you really just want to take a picture then go for SkyDeck. But I would recommend you to the Hancock Building, where you can have a drink at the Lounge and pay even less than the SkyDeck entrance fee.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We loved our elevator ride up to the top of the Willis Tower. The added touch of the video that talked of other buildings that were tall was a nice touch. The sights to see were just amazing. We didn't want to have to go back down. I came here almost 30 years ago with a school trip, and the view never gets boring. Love the Willis tower! My son loved it and took tons of pictures.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The sky deck is really great for overviewing the Chicago city. The observation desk are worth a see. And I really recommend to get a city pass if you interested in multiple places in Chicago. Because if you have a city pass you don't have to wait. When we arrived at the place we stand in line for 30 min to get into the building and then we get our city pass, then we directly go to the elevator! skip the 2-hour line before us.
So waiting is really not a problem for us. But there are still huge line to get photo at the deck. And I heard that go there at evening to see the sunset is also very good.

1  Thank Micro-Young
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've visited twice, early, and both times the wait was minimal.

We arrived at 9:20 on a Tuesday morning and were debating paying the $40 for the VIP to "skip" the line (a daughter on crutches can make you think like that).. When we saw the line decided to pay the regular rate and ride it out.

Wait time until we hit the 103 floor? 18 minutes

Sure, it can get busy up there but we had a windy day that left everything perfect for pictures. Even my wife who is scared of heights had a great time. Not much to do once you are there - look out all sides, take pictures, browse the gift shop.

The Ledge is something you must do. I hate heights but the best picture of my daughter and I came out of this!

I wish it was like the Empire State where you could go outside but that is just a personal thought.

Wait time when we were back downstairs at 11:18? 90 minutes.

2  Thank thehups