“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Chicago CityPASS
Ranked #29 of 631 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Shedd Aquarium brings you eye-to-eye with more than 32,000 aquatic animals - from whales to snails, tarantulas to turtles, angelfish to zebra sharks!
Dayton, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We went to the aquarium & spent approximately 5 hours there. We have a 9 & 11 yr old...everyone had an amazing time! We really enjoyed the main trainer show. My 9 yr old and I both shed some tears while listening to the stories of the rescues at the aquarium...from the blind otter to the puppies! I especially LOVED seeing that a pitbull was rescued and is living a wonderful life at the aquarium! I am a pitbull lover and I think it definitely helps open people eyes to HOW IT'S NOT THE BREED, IT'S THE OWNER! Soooo many wonderful hands on interactions available for the kids...my daughter now wants to move to Chicago and be a trainer at the aquarium! GREAT TRIP! Worth the money!!! SAVE YOURSELF EVEN MORE MONEY AND BUY THE CITY PASSES!

2 Thank SWATWIFEY

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good experience for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My trip was NOT with kids, but I would say it is definitely for kids than adults. I visited on a weekday in May around 11 a.m. and spent around 2 and a half hours there. There is no fee charged for dolphin show as it is included in the admission. But if you want to see the 4D short movie, you have to pay extra for it. I expected more from the dolphin show, but the string ray experience (that you are allowed to touch it) and the exotic fish species made up for it.

Visited May 2014
Hillsdale, New York, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Incredible array of sea life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had up-graded tickets included in our hotel package so we got to skip the admission line and go right in. Our tickets also included every exhibit so it was a busy day. We arrived with a number of school buses loaded with children ranging from pre-school to middle school. Though there were hundreds of children in the building, there are enough exhibits and enough fish to be seen that it rarely seemed overwhelming. On occasion, we had to wait to see creatures in smaller tanks as groups of children crowded around taking multiple pictures. We did find that we were fascinated by the same creatures as the children were so it was usually worth the wait. Most of the student groups did not go to the up-graded exhibits so we spent a long time in those areas.

Visited May 2014
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to visit. I would advise people to buy the pass where you can bypass the long lines. We walked right in past the lonnnng line. Also your kids willlll lovvvvveeee the string experience. So cool touching sting rays.

Orlando, Florida
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“It's as Good as You Make It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We waited in line for an hour and a half to buy tickets. I was told that they have a new system (since May!) that has an inefficient touch screen for the staff. We made the most of it and met nice people in line. If you buy tickets in advance there is a will-call line that goes MUCH faster and they had four ticket windows. There were only two ticket windows open for the rest of us! We decided to have a good time despite the inefficient ticketing system.

I suggest that you look at the website to select what you want to see at this aquarium. There are many different price options depending on what you decide. It's only $8.00 to get in to see the permanent exhibits, but we opted for the $35.00 tickets since we wanted to see the current special exhibits: The Adler Oceanarium and the Jellies, which turned out to be our favorite parts of the entire aquarium. There are shows available, too, at a higher price, but we didn't want to see the shows.

Visited July 2014