SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
1,108 results
All reviewsgreat locationriver norththe breakfast areafree breakfastwithin walking distancesofa bedbreakfast staffyogurtpool and hot tubnice view of the cityhouse of blueshigh floorsitting areahot breakfastself parkingnavy pierfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2013

For a business trip, this was adequate. The room was comfortable with plenty of soft linens, but the room had a sterile kind of feeling with a "modern" space age look, which included lots of glass and chrome. For a stay any longer than 3 or 4 days I'd suggest going to someplace that offers more of a home like flair. My bed was comfortable, but the box spring was in serious need of being replaced or rotated because everytime I moved, a spring would pop or groan. Wi-Fi worked great, which is unusual for a hotel. However, on the downside, my room didn't get very good cell reception so I found myself frequently making calls with my nose up against the 4 x 6 window or in the lobby. Consequently I after 4 days, I knew most of the desk staff by name. The business center offer little to no privacy and is located in the lobby and most of the time the computers were down for maintenance. Overall, everyone from concierge to room service was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: get a room with a view, which will also give better cell reception
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Dan H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for the 4-Star revfew! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The SpringHill Suites brand is part of Marriott's Modern Essentials collection and offers 25% more room than your typical hotel room and is designed to have a modern feel. I'm sorry the bed wasn't that comfortable. I will inform my engineer of the issue you had during your stay. I'm also sorry we had one of our business center computers down during your stay. We have recently replaced this computer with a new one as of yesterday. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

AGM

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here 4 nights while visiting Chicago. The hotel is centrally located to the many attractions that Chicago has to offer. The rooms are clean and the bed comfortable. Great shower! An excellent breakfast is offered in the price. The best part is the friendliness of the staff. They were very helpful on recommending restaurants and how to get there.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Dan H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you so much for the 5-Star review! The Chicago Downtown / River North location truly is a great place to be near everything. There is so much to do within walking distance. I personally want to thank you for taking the time to comment on our guest service and cleanliness. We strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Chicago and I believe you may have noticed during your stay. Thank you agian and I hope to see you at our hotel again the next time you visit the area!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for 5 days during a convention. Great central location. Rooms were clean and staff was eager to help in any way. Close to food and walking distance to shopping. Although the clubs in the surrounding areas on a Friday and Saturday nights are loud, but fun and just across the street.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Dan H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for the wonderful 5-Star review! We truly have a hotel that is clean, friendly, & in a great location. Thank you agian and we hope you choose us again during your next convention.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We love visiting Chicago and being able to stay in a hotel that is well located to everything without a mass hike is great. We walked to the shopping areas within 5 minutes, a stone throw from the river views, the boat tours are just up the road. The choice of bars and restaurants on your door step are excellent. We jumped a quick taxi ride down to Navy Pier and when we got back from any trip the doormen couldn't help enough. The main thing that made our stay was the lady who worked in the breakfast area, she was friendly, kind, always smiling and just making you feel at home. If we get the chance to return getting to see her again will be fun! Excellent and well recommended as a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review of your stay while on your honeymoon. Our hotel truly is in the heart of downtown and is only a hop, skip, and jump to nearly everything this great city has to offer. Thank you for the kind words regarding our breakfast attendant. I will make sure we share your comments with our team so we can recognize her. Thank you agian and we hope to see you the next time you visit the downtown Chicago / River North area!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed here over labor day weekend. The Springhill suites and Residence Inn are actually adjoined side by side in one building. The pool was on the Residence Inn side but available to both hotels. I liked the Springhill Suites side better as the decor was modern, light, and airy and looked recently redone. The Residence Inn side was more dark and dtraditional but also looked more worn out.

The best part about the Srpinghill for me was the very clean hotel room, I even walked around barefoot. If a room does not have a nice clean feel to it, I have a hard time relaxing and am just generally grossed out. Not here, everything sparkled.

The free breakfast was just the standard hotel offerings but the seating area was much bigger and roomier than most hotels. A housekeeper was constantly wiping tables and making sure everyone was happy.

The view from our room was beautiful: we could even see a little bit of Lake Michagan to the east.

The only down side was the elevators. When entering the hotel you had to take an elevator to the 2nd floor. From the 2nd floor you then had to take another elevator to your room. The elevators were always full of people and thw wait always felt like forever. You can use either the Residence Inn or the Springhill suite elevators but they were both packed and so slow.

Finally, as I find in most Marriott brand hotels. The staff were all deliteful and very helpful.

Room Tip: For a great view, ask for a high floor with room window facing east.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the 5-Star review! Our team strives to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in downtown Chicago and it looks like we were able display this during your stay. I'm sorry you felt our elevators were slow. This is usually not a probelm, but some weekends may be much busier for us than others. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,