“Outstanding !”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Outstanding !”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed at this property Feb 2-4. Great downtown location - walking distance to any type of food you want(although we drove about 4 blks). It seems like a great place to stay in warmer weather because of all the shops and resturants. Check-in was a breeze. Make sure you get the parking garage option when booking this hotel, parking is not the best downtown. Our rooms were very comfortable and each was designed differently. The beds were sink-in for a wonderful nights rest. My only disappointment was the lighting was not designed with the night reader in mind. Instead of a clock radio I would have liked to have a desk lamp between the bed instead of the industrial style fixtures (they were tooooooo bright). All associates were very friendly-front desk, housekeeping and dining room staff etc went out of their way to make sure our stay was awesome. Thumbs up for this location...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dan H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel's great location. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction and are always looking to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in downtown Chicago! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back soon!

AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Czech first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here Dec. 11-13 for work. The hotel is a short walk from the Clark/Lake station so it's easy to get to and from O'Hare. Short walk to everything: shopping, restaurants, theater. The room was typical Springhill Suites, pretty much as pictured and very comfortable and well appointed. Floor to ceiling windows gave great light and the living/work area was great. Breakfast is included and there is an excellent selection that changes each day. The staff here are very friendly and helpful. The night I arrived I asked for a recommendation for a close, casual place to get a quick bite to eat and the staff recommendation was right on. The breakfast staff is also very friendly and welcoming asking how everything was and if I needed anything else. The all day coffee/tea bar is also a great amenity.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dan H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so much for the 5-Star review! Our associates take great pride in being the friendliest in Chicago and I am so glad we were of great assistance during your stay. We truly hope to ahve you back the next time you are in the River North area!

Pinckneyville IL
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We just spend to weekend in Chicago this past weekend. When we arrived at the hotel there is not much area to unload in the front of the hotel. And getting to the lobby is very confusing! But after getting to the lobby and sending my family up to the lobby while I have to go park the car and then trying to figure out how to get to the lobby myself was interesting in itself! But after getting checked in the room was very clean and getting ready to leave to go get something to eat we asked at the front desk which way to go and they know exactly where to send us! The breakfast is probably one of the better ones I have at a hotel. The 3 mornings it was very busy in the breakfast area but the staff kept it very clean and well stocked! The staff was always friendly even when we walked by the desk. The only complain we have with this hotel is the price it was for parking! WOW they should change what the call the windy city to "IT'S EXPENSIVE TO PARK HERE!" But for overall very please with staying here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dan H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and sorry you had some confusion about how to get to the lobby. I'm really happy to hear that once you made it to the hotel, you really enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry the parking felt expensive. Parking fees are high throughout the city due to the demand. If you prefer not to drive, taxis are very reliable here and the train system is fantastic. Once you get to the hotel, nearly everything is within walking distance. Thanks again and we hope to have you back soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed in a two double bed room on the Christmas week. The room was 98 including taxes. Complimentary breakfast and wifi and the pool & jacuzzi made the stay worth it. The view from the pool is awesome. The location is probably the best thing about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the very nice review! We hope to have you back again the next time you visit downtown Chicago!

Palatine
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I ventured to the city from the suburbs to celebrate her birthday. We chose to train to the city and stay there as to fight traffic and sleep for drive home late at night. I booked the room here as the rates were very reasonable, and the reviews were pretty good. We weren't disappointed. The place was contemporary, clean and inviting. Our room was spacious and very comfortable with a sitting area in addition to the bed, always a plus in my book.

Only issue we had, and it's minor, is there was no ice on the floors. Guests have to venture to the lobby where ice is pre-packed in bags in the cooler. A bit of a hassle but not a deal breaker.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was busy but offered a great number of options, many more than typical of a complimentary breakfast. Overall it's a certain consideration if you're looking for a nice, comfortable, contemporary place in the city that won't break the budget.

Room Tip: Look for a high floor to minimize the noise from the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel! I am so glad you chose to stay here for your birthday party! I'm glad you enjoyed your get-a-way and happy to hear everything was great! We hope to have you again soon. Thank you and we hope to see you for your next Birthday weekend!

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 20 January 2014

generally...a really great experience at the Springhill Hotel in Chicago. All levels of staff are very friendly and helpful; so many offered and/or did go out of his/her way to help or so concern.
There are a couple situations that could be addressed by management that 'might' make the experience even better!!:
The pool and whirlpool are great, yet well used and often crowed; Extend the pool/whirpool hours
for 'adult only' usage untill 12:00 or 1:00AM; this would allow some adult 'guiet time' and actually swimming; A great pool or whilpool is not worth a customer's time if it can't be used. Besides the crowd, we got back from a play (stared at 8:00PM) and by the time we got back and into the whirlpool we had 8:00 minutes!!! The guard was not open to extending time because it was already 11:05PM

The free computers were great and worked well, except for a couple things: connection directly to the printer needed to be atened to, rather than to files; also, the background 'music' ( more like annoying tone!!!") seemed to be the staple in that environment: if your goal is to limit anyone's time for using the commuter, it worked for me...i couldn't stand it after a
few minutes!

Ambiance could also be enhanced iin our attractive lobby and rest area with a bit more attention to lighting, seating arrangement, and optional agternative 'music'..... relaxing, or upbeat, etc, for the appropriate time of day!

Be Creative with your dedicated staff! Encourage the 'natural' human care for each other and the guests beyond making it one of the 'established' corporate goals. (for example: each hostess/host AND staff member has his/her own 'take' on the 'best' of the environment or 'THE" experience'(S) in Chicago.....Explore with all your staff to find if they have such ideas that may make your visitors know you are going over the top....such as those listed in trip advisor or found with a search of blogs/ sites about Chicago or your River North region..by more personally experienced by your staff and parting guests. i wil start with one that I found, that a host was not familiar with: Use hottix.com to find 1/2 off or spare-of -the-moment
available tickets for various plays/venues. Make a list of such suggestions...similar to how Barnes and Noble lists books recommended by staff. This idea iis partially made to help the gap of 'not having' a hotel concierge ,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I truly appreciate all feedback from each and every one of our guests. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do for the pool hours. I completely understand why you would like to have extended hours, but we do have to stick to the times of 6:00am - 11:00pm each day. Thank you again for some very insightful recommendations. We'll use your suggestions to see if there are ways of enhancing our lobby. Thank you again and we hope to have you back soon!

Regards,

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I travel for work about 40-50 weeks out of the year. I would be considered a professional traveller. Each time i visit Chicago's Loop area, I plan on staying at this hotel. "My Favorites" Hostesses (Ms. Stella, Ms. Holly and Ms Grace) are always very welcoming to me each morning. They create a great enviornment, as I begin my day with the breakfast buffet. They allow me to feel like I am home, away from home.
The front desk representatives carry the same spirit of pleasant customer service. My room is always pleasant and clean. I really enjoy my stays here each week. It makes it easier to travel for work each week. - Eric M.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Eric M
Dan H, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Wow! What a truly great review! I am so happy you enjoy your "home away from home" here in River North! I will certainly be sharing your wonderful comments to the entire leadership team and celebrating the great service put on by Stella, Holly, Grace, and our front desk team. Thank you again and we look forward to your trip next week!