“Neat Bar and Friendly Staff! Plus a Great Assortment of Asian Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chant

Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Hyde Park
Cross street: Harper
Transit: Chant is located steps away from Metra stop on 51 street as well as numerous bus routs including #6,28, x28 and more. To learn more about public transportation please visit http://www.transitchicago.com/
Description: Chant clears the kitchen for a new menu. Our global cuisine menu uses the freshest ingredients to create the best Global-inspired meals. We also have a full bar, featuring our own liquor infusions! We're a Hyde Park favorite for great food and the best cocktails in the area and beyond.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Neat Bar and Friendly Staff! Plus a Great Assortment of Asian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I visited here recently craving some Asian food because I had just gotten back from China. Funny because I am not the biggest fan of Asian food but it hit me that day... and even though I'm not crazy about Asian food, I would frequent this place if I lived in the area because of the varied menu. They had a really eclectic menu and I just couldn't resist their duck tacos. A little on the spicy but thats just how I like it. They also feature eggplant fries which are really unique and exceptionally good in my opinion. I head they have an award winning chicken curry recipe as well. The bar was really fun and the atmosphere was perfect. Great for large crowds of friends all coming in at the same time because they are very accommodating!

• Visited June 2013
Pattie K, Owner at Chant, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for the kind words, Olivia. We’re thrilled to hear we could satisfy your Asian food craving — and love knowing how much you enjoyed the duck tacos! We hope to serve you again the next time you’re in town! Best, Pattie (Owner)

Detroit, Mi
“Hot lil spot with pleasant surprises”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

This restaurant offers much more than expected. The menu is not what you would find in your mothers kitchen. The dishes are original compilations of a variety of influences and techniques. The ingredients are fresh and care and concern is clearly given to the food. The dishes are well seasoned but not overdone or over processed. There is nothing pretentious about it. I had the curry chicken. It was very well seasoned. it wasn't like the Carribean or Indian variety of curry chicken but it was definitely faithful to both and neither tradition. It was simply curry chicken done well. The fried rice was excellent. The veggies and rice were cooked perfectly. The food was so satisfying that we decided to go back Saturday night. We were pleasantly shocked and surprised to find the club had morphed into a house music club spot with alive dj. The crowd was nice and the music was authentic Chicago house. I had just mentioned that one cannot do Chicago without taking in some hot chicago house music. It was right on time and Chant provided the perfect vibe for such. I will definitely be back. The food,atmosphere and vibe were all enjoyable.

• Visited April 2013
Pattie K, Owner at Chant, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, IGoSomewhere. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit with us, especially our Saturday DJ nights! We love hearing our customers’ favorite dishes, so thank you for providing your feedback about the curry chicken. We appreciate you including us in your visit to Chicago, and we hope to serve you again the next time you’re in town. Best, Pattie (Owner)
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Great food and Great Saturday night House Music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I loved this place and loved there rice. The service was great although it was slow that night, however I have no doubt that it would have been any different. I plan to go back as soon as I hit Chicago again!

• Visited April 2013
Pattie K, Owner at Chant, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for the kind words, smonique_13. We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed dining with us! Thank you for including us in your trip to Chicago, and we certainly hope to serve you again the next time you’re in town. Best, Pattie (Owner)
Chicago, Illinois
“Good service but food was inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

The menu looks great and we were anticipating a nice meal. Two of the four shrimp on the appetizer plate were raw, the pork soup had lots of vegetables and rice in but the flavor was lacking. The duck tacos were nice but not much duck inside. The halibut was nice in presentation and flavor. The shrimp with lobster saw was also a nice flavor and presentation. one person order sake and the glass had lipstick on it. The server was nice and efficient. Possibly worth a second try

• Visited October 2012
Pattie K, Owner at Chant, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
We appreciate you sharing your feedback, Michael. We’re dedicated to providing healthy, local food and great service to our customers, so we’re concerned to hear some of your comments about your visit. Please don’t hesitate to bring up any concerns you have about your meal with our staff. We appreciate your business and hope you’ll visit us again in the future. Please be sure to give us a call before your next visit, so we can personally address your concerns. Best, Pattie (Owner)
Brooklyn, Ohio
“Cool Thai place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Unique menu with good Thai flavours on common foods. As an example I had a turkey burger with Thai flavouring and eggplant fries. The pumpkin soup warm starter was good as well. The place may look a little low class from the outside but inside it is a cool designed restaurant. There is even a patio out front. Thr wait staff was friendly, patient and knowledgeable. On this ocassion I happened to get a FourSquare discount thanks to American Express.

, Owner at Chant, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for the kind words, bszweda. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our fresh ingredients and Thai flavoring! Thank you for dining with us, and we hope to serve you again in the future. Best, Pattie Kidwell (Owner)