“A real treat”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Hyde Park
Cross street: Harper
Transit: Chant is located steps away from Metra stop on 51 street as well as numerous bus routs including #6,28, x28 and more. To learn more about public transportation please visit http://www.transitchicago.com/
Description: Chant clears the kitchen for a new menu. Our global cuisine menu uses the freshest ingredients to create the best Global-inspired meals. We also have a full bar, featuring our own liquor infusions! We're a Hyde Park favorite for great food and the best cocktails in the area and beyond.
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We have a home in Hyde Park and really love this place. Great food. We enjoy eating there off hours at the bar.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stumbled upon this restaurant when searching for a place for my family's graduation celebration. I've seen Chant many times but never checked it out. And I'm so glad that I did. The ambiance was pleasant, the service excellent, and the food delicious. We had lobster rangoon and barbecued chicken wings for appetizers -- in fact, we ordered a second helping of the rangoon -- what a big hit! The main courses included seafood gumbo, pesto chicken breasts, and a lobster roll. Everything was superb. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Barbecue salmon crisps, salmon and grits, shrimp plate, crispy chili chicken, pekin duck tacos, salmon wonton raviolis (filled with large pillows of salmon PILLOWS!), and the warm lobster roll were the dishes that my cohorts and I enjoyed and oh my did we enjoy them. The ravioli was decadent and the lobster roll divine and the duck tacos were close to being the most perfect bite ever. The flavors of every dish were really spot on and I haven't had such an enjoyable meal for a while. The service was also great. Nadia was our server and she was friendly and pleasant. Would definitely go again next time I'm in Chicago!

1  Thank JoyfullyJoy
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Delicious food with tastes & combinations a little off the beaten path. They have an outside dining area on the sidewalk, which gets a fair amount of traffic, but affords excellent people watching opportunities.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Amazingly there aren't many restaurants that serve dinner in the area. We were visiting UC Hospital and tired of cafeteria lunch food. We tried this restaurant based on Yelp reviews and hotel concierge's suggestion. Not bad. Service was very good. Interesting menu. Not bad, but taste rather bland and sweet. My curry had no bite. Peking duck taco was sweet, thanks to hoisin source. Hot and sour soup needs a wedge of lime or lemon. Nonetheless foods were good.