US$247
US$231
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

Ambassador Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$196
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$225
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$262/night.

US$297
The Langham, Chicago(Chicago)
US$570
US$500
  • Pool
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$574
US$480
US$528
US$499
Priceline
1,986 results
All reviewsmccormick placemccormick centerclose to downtownbusiness centerbus stopnavy pierstate streetsoldier fieldsitting areamini fridgeroom was spaciousfront desk staffpublic transportationcoffee makerfew blockscorner roomiit
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I booked this hotel through Hotline, so got a good deal. Hotel rooms in downtown Chicago are quite expensive, and in addition almost all of them make a significant ($20-$30 per nite) charge for parking. The South Loop Hotel provided free secured parking facilities, so that was a bonus. The hotel itself is an older property, but our room was clean, spacious,and had a super comfortable bed. The room had a mini-fridge and a good shower, not one of those flow-restricted dribblers. There is a bar and restaurant, which we did not patronize, but which seemed to be busy, and the desk staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside is that this hotel seems to be right on the edge of a neighborhood that is either going down on coming up. Hard to tell which way it's going just from a weekend stay. That being said, our room was quiet and we never had any safety concerns. Free high speed wifi was excellent. Good deal for the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PBSpeakeasy
Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us and understand what a great value we offer our guests with our complimentary parking and wifi. We hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were going to a game at U. S. Cellular Field in South Chicago. The South Loop Hotel was the closest to the field (about a mile away, we walked it). The price was fairly expensive for a very average hotel. One lobby elevator which was extremely slow. An expensive breakfast. Nothing bad but nothing memorable.
Although the location was good for our needs, it was not the most picturesque location on the fringe of Chinatown in a questionable part of town.

Room Tip: Might as well stay low since there is no views and the elevator is terribly slow.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank srobby

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience with us. Our rates, as with most hotels in Chicago, are at their highest in the summer and at high occupancy. I assure you our rates are competitively priced. We actually had CDQ (Corner Deluxe Queen) rooms that offer views of downtown! Perhaps you can return and try one!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

2014 July 4th weekend marked my sixth time staying at Chicago South Loop Hotel. I've been a fan from my very first stay six years ago. From the location -- on the edge of Bronzeville and about 10 minutes from downtown -- to the free parking, spacious rooms, free WiFi, a staff that greets each guest with genuine warmth, to the jazz-inspired art in the lobby the hotel is a hidden gem. On all my stays, I've walked the two blocks over to Michigan to catch the bus ($2.25 each way) downtown ( 4 Cottage Grove ends at Randolph and you walk two blocks over the Du Sable Bridge to go down the Michigan Mile, or the #3 on MLK takes you all the way down Michigan). I look forward to next year's stay.
-- Vincent McCraw

l

Room Tip: Cell phone connections in some of the corner rooms tend to go out.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank vincent m

Thank you so much for your glowing review! I am delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to your return next year!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

When I arrive at my room at the Chicago Loop Hotel, I updated my FB status by saying my room is almost big enough to host a party.....The Hotel is walking distance from Chicago's Traditional China Town and I really enjoyed my self There... The only complaint I had was that the owner of the restaurant in the hotel decided to close during the weekend of the 4th of July... I would recommend the hotel.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charles B
Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We appreciate your perfect score! I am thrilled you enjoyed your visit with us and am delighted you shared your experience with others. I apologize for the inconvenience the closing of our restaurant caused during the holiday. We will address that with its proprietor. Come back soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked this hotel primarily due to it's location relative to two colleges my son was looking at. I was very pleased with my decision. The room I booked was spacious (corner room) and clean. The beds were so comfortable I actually called the hotel later to find out the brand (I have traveled a lot and most beds are average - at best). The staff was helpful with our requests. A big plus ---no extra fees to park in the hotel lot! Location was super convenient to visiting the Illinois Institute of Technology (less than a mile) and the University of Illinois - Chicago (within 4 miles). Also, quick trip up State street finds many restaurants, a Jewel (grocery store) and Target. Side note - the hotel is near where the "Projects" were. They are now gone and there is now abundant "green space" - something you don't often see in a big city!

Room Tip: Look for corner room option - nice to have extra space when traveling with teenagers.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mayflowerbride

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I am delighted you enjoyed everything from our comfortable mattresses and spacious rooms to our location and complimentary parking. We hope you make the Chicago South Loop Hotel your home away from home in the future.