“Chicago finally has great Vietnamese sandwiches!”
Review of Nhu Lan Bakery - CLOSED

Nhu Lan Bakery
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Madison, WI
“Chicago finally has great Vietnamese sandwiches!”
Reviewed 17 April 2009

I love this little bakery/restaurant. We look for Vietnamese sandwiches in large cities that we visit and hadn't found ones we liked in Chicago yet. Ba Le just doesn't do it for me. I like the lemongrass chicken, grilled pork and lemongrass tofu sandwiches here at Nhu Lan. Also the sticky rice with pork, the fresh spring rolls, and the chaud, which is a pork meatball encased in a flaky pastry crust (yum).

The owners are very friendly and accomodating. This is mostly a takeout place, though there are a couple of tables. I look forward to stopping by when I am in Chicago. They are closed on Tuesdays so don't go on a Tuesday and be as disappointed as I was a couple months ago.