Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Kinzie Hotel(Chicago)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
2,689 results
All reviewsfire stationfire departmentgreat locationfree breakfastcorner suitebreakfast roomnavy pierhear sirensfresh fruitwithin walking distancelight sleeperhot breakfastchicago downtownhot tubbreakfast stafffront desk staffthe magnificent mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Another consistently pleasing stay at a Hampton. It is our preferred hotel with our kids in tow and was easy to get to, near our destination for a birthday dinner and pleasantly off Michigan Avenue. Only downsides were that it is located next to a busy (sometimes noisy) fire station, but all part of a city stay and the staff forgot our hypoallergenic pillows (Cubs home game weekend, hotel was very busy). Breakfast was hot but eggs were dry, overall a good variety and the room was very clean!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on Illinois Avenue, if street noise is a concern.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here for a 2 day business meeting that went very smoothly thanks to the wonderful hotel staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel seemed very nice and clean. My room was spotless, and the bathroom was very modern. Their complimentary breakfast was much better than the usual continental, including Belgian waffles and perfectly cooked eggs. The location was great too, only 2 blocks from a main strip and a mile from Navy Pier. The location felt very safe to me. Restaurants were right next to the hotel, and shopping was close by. The only thing I would recommend is asking to stay away from the fire sirens or picking up the ear plugs provided at the front desk. Other than that, I couldn't have asked for a better hotel to stay at!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I am a Hilton Honors member and usually stay in their 4 star properties. I chose this 3 star Hotel because of the tripadvisor good reviews and raves about customer service. I also needed one bedroom suites with 2 beds, as I was booking multiple rooms for a college sorority reunion. Many of the Hilton properties in Chicago had a lot of suites with King bed, but limited number of suites with 2 beds even though I was booking 4 months in advance. When booking on line through the Hilton Group Event planner proved unsuccessful, I was forced to contact the Hotel directly to assist me with my reservations. This hotel can not be reached through a toll free number. I was directed to sales manager, Jenna Haymond. Let's just say, you don't want to deal with her. I won't go in to details. I would recommend Asst. Mgr, Ross (can't remember last name) if you need some help. If you have excellent sense of hearing and smell this Hotel is not for you. When I arrived, I was sent to a one bedroom suite that smelled so bad, the front desk staff decided to have it "sanitized". I was not permitted in the room until after 8:30 pm. I arrived about 6:00 pm. The room seemed ok that evening, but the next morning all of the bad smell had returned. I stayed for 2 more nights, but felt sick each evening I returned to the room. Each time a friend came in the room (1101), they commented on the bad smell. After 3 nights ( I stayed a week total), a broken toilet handle, a slow shower drain (the engineer and I became friends), I got the asst. mgr., Ross involved. He moved me across the hall (1102) to a good room and helped coordinate all the rooms for my friends. The fire trucks could be heard in the first room, but not the second. The housekeeping was wonderful. They did a great job. Others have commented on the smell of the elevators. It was terrible. On my 4th day some attempt was made to add a deodorizer to them. I feel bad about my somewhat negative review, as this is not usually my tone or experience with Hilton properties.. I end on a positive note- the beds are great.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2011

From the moment my family and I walked into this lovely hotel we were treated as welcome guests. The front desk was friendly and informative. The room was pretty and clean. We had a wonderful view outside our window. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was a large indoor pool and an outside seating area on the second floor. The breakfast room overlooked the street and was spacious and sunny. The breakfast was excellent and the staff accommodating. We loved the hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2011

For a family of 4 vacationing in Chicago, this Hampton was in a good location and the service was perfect. Very helpful staff in assisting with directions, ideas for restaurants, helping with obtaining taxis and more. Our room was very clean and the suite we had was roomy and nicely furnished. Highly recommend this hotel and we would absolutely stay there again. The price was reasonable considering we were in a big city where rates are just higher overall.

Breakfast was fantastic and filling. Only downside was it got very crowded at times.

And, the USA today newspaper was only provided at the doors of some of the rooms - perhaps members?, seeing as how we were there 5 nights - think the newspaper should have been provided at our door. Instead, we had to pick up at the lobby.

Room Tip: Our children are older - boy and girl - having the suite allowed everyone best sleeping accomodations
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family