we used the hampton inn and suites downtown chicago based on tripadvisors recommendations. attending a conference at jw marriot, this hotel seems to a goid choice.
the hotel is closely related to downtown sightseeing events, as well as to the red line grant station (just 1.5 blocks from the station). using public transport in chicago with a cta 3 or 7 days pass you can easily reach to hotel from o'hare (blue line to jackson, change to redline and then go to grant.
the rooms are not perfect new, but are also not old. it is a 4star hotel, therefore everything necessary is given. i booked one class better than standard an got a romm with additional kitchen-like tabel, without anything you need for cooking or eating. also the microwave was not working (i do not need the microwave during this stay).
the other stuff works well.
a very good recommendation should be given to the breakfast: more or less complete, everythink fresh and enough: congratulations. not clear is, why people are allowed to eat there who are not able to eat and who do not pay. the breakfast room is in the 2nd floor and i can not believe that this was not detection by the personal. however this person is just eating (i hope enough for the next 3 days).
the wifi works well.
the hotel is not loud, the location guarantees that you can sleep. also the 200 mtr. the the firefighters headquater is not a problem, you have this in the same manner in alle cities. if you want to avoid this go out (and drive 30 min. car plus time for parking).
the personal is friendly and always asking ...
>>> a very good choice. the price in combination mit booking portals (in my case 119/night) makes it perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business and theater districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. End the day with a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn