“Wonderfull Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #54 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel is used as part of the Jetsave Route 66 tour and what an excellent choice ,in the downtown area which is safe and close to many attractions .
The hotel it's self has many things going for it .the friendly staff ,large clean and comfortable bedrooms with tea and coffee facilities ,also breakfast is included.the restuarant has good food if slightly expensive but you do get large portions ,so i would not hesitate in recomending the Hampton inn and suites

Room Tip: Restuarant expensive but plenty of places to eat out side from the hotel ,can be noisy as close to f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Greetings severnup-

I wanted to say thank you for sharing the experience of your JetSave excursion with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

We look forward to having you & your friends/family back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Graciously,

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This hotel was simply excellent! The staff was incredible and one of the managers (tracie) was one of the nicest people I have ever met, and I mean that. The entire staff was welcoming and I really felt taken care of. The room was spacious and the location was close to the magnificent mile and many great restaurants and bars. The breakfast was definitely a nice bonus, not having to pay for breakfast in downtown Chicago and the fact that it was good made it even better. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Greetings JenniferE-

I wanted to say thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I am so happy that we took such great care of you during your visit!

We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago. Please don't forget to refer us to your friends & family.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed at this Hampton during a recent trade show in Chicago (Sept 2012). Great service and staff. Probably the best Hampton free breakfast I've ever had, fresh and replenished often. Tables clean and staff comes around to tables to refill coffee and offer mints. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because it is located on the same street as the fire dept. and the 1st night I was there, there were 5 fire calls. They do offer free ear plugs just for this issue, but I did not use them. Also, pricy at around $250 night. The breakfast isn't worth that much. Great bar and restuarant, ask for Sarah at the bar, she remembers everyone's name and is delightful. We were able to get cabs with no problem.

Room Tip: Try to get one high and away from the street that houses the fire dept.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Greetings Michael W.-

I wanted to say thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

As you stated, we are right across the street from a busy Chicago Fire Dept. As with most hotels in downtown, street noise is something that will be encountered: Downtown Chicago is a dense, bustling city with lots of city noise including emergency vehicles that may be heard throughout all hours of the day. Most guests are not generally disturbed by the noise, but we realize that each person has their own sensitivity to it. But I am so happy that you were able to get a better rest after the first initial night.

Our rates were a bit pricy this week & last weekend due to the Manufacturer's Convention that was in town at the McCormick Place.

We would love to have the opportunity to get that 5-star rating from you! Feel free to check our package deals, which also make great gifts for the holiday season which is quickly approaching. We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I, along with our son, recently spent five nights at this terrific hotel. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite that included a kitchen with microwave and small refrigerator. The room was in excellent shape and was meticulously maintained. The breakfast (included) was also very well done. It was a buffet that included eggs with side dishes, bagels, bread, fresh fruit, oatmeal and waffles. This was not your typical "continental breakfast." But more than anything else was the attitude of the staff. EVERYONE was extremely friendly and helpful... even the maid. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The Manager should be commended for running such a "tight ship." There is no question that we will stay here again when we return to Chicago.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Greetings AnchorAlan-

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I am so delighted that we were able to contribute to making your Chicago experience a great one for you & your family as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago. Enjoy the Florida sun!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My husband and me stayed here for 5 days during the month of August and we decided to return at the beginning of September after a 10 day tour in Canada, for our last night before flying back to Italy. We chose to return to this hotel because we were really satisfied with everything. Clean rooms, nice breakfast and extremely kind staff everywhere in the hotel. At the reception desk we normally talked to Janita, which was really helpful and nice with us.
The position of the hotel is also perfect, in the very center of the City, near the Mag Mile and the most breathtaking skyskrapers along the river.
We suggest the hotel to everyone who is visiting or staying in Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SilviaMere

Greetings SilviaMere-

Hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to say thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us & for also returning on your way back home. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

P.S. Thank you for the book! I hope I am able to visit you in Milan sometime soon! :-}

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed there last Friday and everything was great but the service was the best. The staff was so friendly and just made you feel comfortable. Janita at the front desk is the best she has such an inviting and comforting smile and personality. Really enjoyed breakfast also and everyone working the breakfast room was also always smiling and friendly. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Greetings Vero F.,

First off I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review for us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I would also like to thank you for mentioning myself & the breakfast staff in your review!!! I am sure they were just as happy as I was to help enhance your experience here at the Hampton Inn.

We cannot wait to see you again so consider doing a little holiday shopping here in Chicago. We have tons of shopping in the downtown area; Mag Mile, State St., Water Tower Place, Oak St., etc. Also, be sure to check out our Retail Therapy package. Our packages also make for great holiday gifts.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with 2 friends for the weekend of Sept 7 & 8. I was a little worried about the reviews that mentioned the fire station directly across the street from the hotel. The hotel does offer free earplugs if you request them, but I only heard the sirens once during the night the whole weekend. The hotel is in a great central location -- about 3 blocks to shopping on Michigan Ave., one block to shopping on State Street, and one block from the Red Line train stop that we used to go to Wrigley for the Springsteen concert. The staff was extremely friendly, the room clean, beds comfy -- I would definitely stay in this hotel again!! :)

Room Tip: ask for high floor room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends