“Amazing staff and location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #45 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing staff and location”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is the perfect location to do anything in the city. The staff throughout the entire hotel, front desk, parking, cleaning and food staff are wonderful. I asked to have my car brought around at a certain time and it was there waiting for me early. Rooms are regular Hampton Inn but the lobby and pool area are nicer than most.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with us! Also, thank you for the kind words, especially the ones mentioning our staff.Its hard to explain it through words on a website how amazing they really are, but great reviews like yours sure do give others a good idea of the quality of service we provide. I think the pool and spa area is really nice myself, and the sauna is a great amenity. I hope you had a safe trip home and have a great Thanksgiving!

f:312-830-0333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Minnesota
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is next door to a fire station, and traffic can be quite loud. They do offer free ear plugs. Otherwise, the hotel is quite nice but could also be the most expensive Hampton Inn I have stayed in too.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the review!

I hope the noise wasn't an inconvenience for you, but it looks like you still had a good experience with us. That is what we always aim for with every guest. If the noise is ever an issue, please let us know and we do out best to make sure we can accommodate. Whether it be booked in an interior room, high floor, or simply a complimentary pair of ear plugs were here to make sure your experience is a memorable one.

Michigan
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Six older women are hard to please, but we had NO complaint, all of us just loved Hampton Downtown. People on reviews complain about the fire station, we were right over it..... I say "PUT A PILLOW OVER YOUR HEAD". It isn't what us country gals were used to but HEY YOUR IN THE CITY. We all had suites, what luxury, it was great. Breakfast's variety offered something for everyone each day. The daily room clean up was just perfect, what ever we wanted and so clean. Beds were comfy, bathroom adequate, and front desk delivered what ever we asked for. Oh yes, most importantly this location is perfect for walking to The Mile, Trolley (Clark & Ontario best), Grocery, 7-11, Shopping, Restaurants, Bars, Nightclubs, Subway & other Public Transportation..... Thanks Hampton for everything and for serving us so well...............

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, view is always better, the suites were excellent; bring your suit, pool and hot...
Green Features: Gosh they even recycle the room keys, good for them, a no smoking hotel is soooooo appreciated.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for all of the positive feedback!

Its very nice to hear when our guests have great experiences, and also love our hotel. Like you said our location, hotel, and staff are really great! Like all city locations, you're going to experience some noise. We suggest light sleepers request interior rooms just in case though. I wanted to thank you for pointing out to bring a swim suit, because many guests assume we don't have a pool because were downtown. However, we not only have a pool but also a hot tub and sauna as well. We look forward to seeing you ladies in the future!

Baltimore
Reviewed 20 November 2013

the hotel is a normal hampton inn....very clean and comfortable....what was exceptional about this hotel was the staff....they were extremely friendly and accommodating. walking distance to nice lounges and high end restaurants...If you want comfort, clean and A rated staff....choose this hotel. i am glad we did!

Karen from Baltimore

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Michael F, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Karen H,

I appreciate your kind remarks towards the friendliness of our staff. We pride our selves in having some of the most friendly staff members in the city. I am also glad our location was suitable for your needs while visiting Chicago. We have shared your feedback with the entire team, We truly appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites and look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Let me start by saying please read these reviews with a grain of salt. I almost laughed when I read the reviews about outside noise. You are visiting Chicago - the 3rd largest city in the country. It's going to have noise.

We loved everything about this hotel. I visit Chicago a number of times each year, and this was my first stay at this hotel. It was family girls trip, so we were excited about having a suite. We booked the pizza and play package with a discount on parking. From the minute we stepped out of the car the staff was the friendliest staff I have ever seen. Our bellhop - Abraham - was the best I've ever seen, he took extra care with packages he knew were delicate, both on unloading and reloading our car. He even packed us according to our stops so that it would be easy for us to unload all of our bags when we got to each house.

Our room was HUGE!! We stayed in a King Suite, and it was so incredibly spacious. The pull out bed was quite large, and the King bed was very comfortable. The only thing I wish was that I would've booked earlier to get a double suite so we had 2 beds in there instead of the King, but I asked at the front desk and they were already taken.
They even called us on the first day to make sure everything in our room was satisfactory and to see if we needed anything else!

We were in Chicago during the tornadoes, and decided to stay an extra night instead of driving with the storm back to Michigan, and they were extremely accommodating. They allowed us to stay in our room and even brought us extras of everything.

The pizza package is good idea - we got beverages, and a large 1 item pizza from Giordano's. Just make sure you tell the pizza place about it, they were grumpy.

The other plus to this location is that is a very short walk to the red line, bus stops and a Jewel (grocery store) so you can get everything you need within a block.

The pool is decent size, it was very quiet while we were there and both times my daughter was the only swimmer. If you are a lap swimmer though, count this pool out. It is not huge, but enough for the vacation swimmer. The hot tub was nice and there is also a sauna. All of It was very clean and well maintained. The fitness room was great. It was clean and had everything I needed for a quick workout, also not crowded. Towels are provided in both ares.

The breakfast was a standard hotel breakfast - a few hot options (eggs, oatmeal, etc.) and all the continental options - bagels/toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc.
They had hot beverages available at all times, and it was very good!! Tea, hot chocolate, coffee. Usually the coffee is stale and old, but this coffee was always fresh. It's all on the second floor, which was nice because the traffic coming in and out of hotel didn't congest the eating area. There were always plenty of seats available, and there is even a second room that they open up if needed.

There is a small store if you have a late night snack craving, and they also have a nice variety of tourist items if you forgot to get a prize for someone back home.

Thank you Hampton Inn for going above and beyond to make this our best stay in Chicago ever (and we've stayed a lot!)!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quiet. We were there during a huge storm and we could barely hear the win...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Michael F, Assisstant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Julie H,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding our property and staff. I know the entire staff strives to make every guest experience a perfect one. We are particualarly proud of Abraham and have shared you kind comments with the entire team, Let us know when you are in the area again in the future so we can amake sure Abraham is here to greet you.

Hope you all made it home safely through the inclimate weather.

Thanks,

Michael
chicago, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

hotel and staff are nice!the constant fire truck sirens are not! the brekfast was very nice,and the location is within walking distance from all the major attractions,and a short cab ride to all others!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel and also for the great comments about our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear about the noise from the fire station. I hope it wasn't much of an inconvenience for you and that you still enjoyed your experience with us! I agree with you about our location, as it is close to so many things. If you make it into town again please contact me directly and I'll make sure you are blocked in a quiet room.

Moline Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Staff was above and beyond, helpful at every turn. It was a good location for shopping and dining in Chicago. We are a group of ladies that enjoyed the extra attention. They saw that we had brought some wine and we were surprised to see wine glasses in the room the next day. Thank you!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, and for letting us know about your experience with us.

I remember checking you ladies in and I'm pleased to know that you had a good time. I sure hope you got plenty of shopping done after I spoke with you. It was really nice having you as our guests, and it was a pleasure speaking to you throughout your stay. Hopefully we have the privilege of having you as guests again in the future!