“Friendly, clean and convenient”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #54 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We visited in early November and found the hotel to be very pleasant. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was quite good with a lot of choices available. The room was spacious and clean and the location was an easy walk to shopping, dining and public transportation (Plus a great new/used book store!) This is a "Green Hotel" which is one of the reasons we chose it. They do a great job of blending the green features seamlessly into the operation, guests who are not interested won't don't even notice a difference. Front desk staff was especially helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor and a room that does not face the fire station if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

On behalf of everyone at the hotel I would like to thank you for such an great review and for letting others know about the fact that were a "green" hotel. Many guests are unaware of it, but it is something we take pride in. I'm glad to know our guests recognize and appreciate that. Our staff is really great and I'm glad you pointed it out. They are all so outgoing that it makes the feel of our hotel unlike many others. I hope you had a safe trip home and have a great week!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I called two days prior to staying to ask questions regarding transportation and parking etc. I was advised that the parking was valet and that although there was no hotel shuttle that there was a "free trolley" and that I could find out the schedule etc upon check in. Well, the valet does not accommodate large vehicles so we had to find self parking in Chicago thanksgiving weekend. Also the trolley only runs in the summer season so that was also not available. The breakfast was good for a traveling family we would have chosen a different location if we had been aware of the parking issues.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were not completely satisfied with your last visit. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some parking issues. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I can assure you that I will take your suggestions into consideration to improve our properly. Our guest feedback is incredibly important as it provides us an opportunity to attend to areas that need our attention.

I apologize for the inconveniences you went through and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and we will work hard to earn your trust once again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We enjoyed a long thanksgiving weekend here and were very pleased. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and fresh. We asked for extra pillows and they were promptly delivered. The kids wanted to swim and the indoor pool was clean. Due to weather we did not enjoy the patio at the pool but we checked it out and it was amazing. I would go back in the summer just for the patio! The staff was friendly. Breakfast was good and having a full buffet for breakfast included was great. Check out was just as quick and easy. The valet was also great.

I would suggest a less than $10 taxi ride to the shopping but if warm enough could certainly walk. Wonderful location and I would return to this hotel for my next trip to Chicago.

Room Tip: I suggest a suite with family as the full kitchen, living room, and dining table was excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hello Natasha,

Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel! I really appreciate all the kind words about our hotel and particularly the comments about our staff. I agree with you about our patio, its pretty amazing. Especially for a hotel downtown, it really makes you feel like you've stepped away from the city. We're very pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Overall great location, couldnt be better. Rooms are clean, complimentary breakfast is good and staff are friendly. Only critique is that they did not accommadate for my connecting room request. Which they confirmed twice prior to booking that this was no problem. Upon arrival they said it is not available and on top of that, they dont have connecting 'suites'. Which is bogus as they sold me on the phone when booking that they did. Other than this minor issue, great experience. Location is perfect!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

On behalf of everyone at the hotel I wanted to thank you for the review, and also at the same time apologize for the situation regarding the connecting rooms. From time to time the reservations center has miscommunication with our property and unfortunately room type information and specific availability become skewed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and we always do our best to accommodate all requests, but its good to hear that it didn't affect your experience with us!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Traveled to Chicago for work and everyone at the hotel made me feel I was important. You can tell the entire team enjoys what they do. It was a great feeling to see customer service at its best! I have another trip planned in mid January and I am looking forward to coming back and having another wonderful experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Mark,

I really appreciate the great review of our hotel and the comments about our staff. They truly make our hotel what it is, and each and every one of them gives their all daily. Nothing pleases me more than hearing about good experiences we were able to create with our guests. It was a privilege having you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a good hotel with an excellent location. It is so convenient to both airports, restaurants,businesses,etc.. The staff was super friendly and nice. The rate was expensive for an Hampton inn, but it is downtown Chicago. The room was large and very comfortable. It was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to let others know how your experience with us was. I would have to agree with everything you said about our hotel, particularly the comment about how friendly our staff is. Our location is great as well as the quality and size of our rooms. Our suites really feel like apartments because they're so spacious. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is the perfect location to do anything in the city. The staff throughout the entire hotel, front desk, parking, cleaning and food staff are wonderful. I asked to have my car brought around at a certain time and it was there waiting for me early. Rooms are regular Hampton Inn but the lobby and pool area are nicer than most.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with us! Also, thank you for the kind words, especially the ones mentioning our staff.Its hard to explain it through words on a website how amazing they really are, but great reviews like yours sure do give others a good idea of the quality of service we provide. I think the pool and spa area is really nice myself, and the sauna is a great amenity. I hope you had a safe trip home and have a great Thanksgiving!