“Awesome hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome hotel!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Great hotel located near shopping and dining. Staff was awesome and very helpful! Clean and quiet place. Sweet shop was the best for late night snacks! I liked how you need your room key to get into the building after hours, good for the security of guests.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel, and I would have to agree with you... we are an "awesome hotel". I know I might be fairly biased given my position and all, but in all seriousness we have, quite possibly, the best staff in the city. Every member of our front desk is here to ensure you have a great experience with us, and even to the housekeeping department where they make sure the room is left spotless for you throughout your time with us. I hope you had a good trip home and hope to see you again in the future Mr. C!

f:312-830-0333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I've had a tripadvisor account for years now but this hotel has made me want to make a review for the first time! The front desk staff were wonderful and courteous and I actually felt at home every time I came in. I love that this hotel is green and is environmentally friendly! I drove here for a nephew's wedding (I am deathly afraid of flying!!!) and it was so nice to relax in the spacious and clean room I had. There was a small issue and a gentleman named Alek took care of things very quickly! Would visit again if I ever have to come to Chicago.

Room Tip: The pool is nicer than other hotels I've been to so bring some swimwear!
Hello!

On behalf of everyone at the hotel I would like to thank you for leaving us such a nice review of our property especially the great comments about our team. It makes me very happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. One that encouraged you to do something out of the norm and review us on here. I believe I was the one that helped you while you were our guest and I really appreciate that you let everyone know the level of service we provide. I hope you had a safe trip home and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Iowa City, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in Chicago if you are looking for value, safety and location within walking distance of restaurants. Staff was friendly and competent from the initial reservation phone call to arrival. The room was quiet, well kept and the breakfast large and free.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello Barbara,

Thank you for such nice words about our hotel. I'm happy to hear that your enjoyed your experience with us and that you liked both our value and location. I hope you guys had a safe trip home and we look forward to having you as our guests again in the future!

Overland Park, KS, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here at this hotel during the Thanksgiving Holiday 2013. What a great visit we had. Ideal location and the amenities and room were great for our family. Our family consist of 5. We got a two bedroom suite that was ideal. The sofa bed is a plus and helps. We had plenty of room. We met my sister in law and her family. There family consist of 3. Just a suggestion. They got a regular room with two beds. They actually stayed next to us with a connecting door between our rooms. So we opened the connecting doors and really had a three bedroom suite. It was sweet.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hello Dustin,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and that the rooms worked so well for your family. If you book a suite and a connecting room, it doesn't even feel like you're in a hotel anymore theres so much space. I hope you had a good trip home and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Ohio
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We visited in early November and found the hotel to be very pleasant. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was quite good with a lot of choices available. The room was spacious and clean and the location was an easy walk to shopping, dining and public transportation (Plus a great new/used book store!) This is a "Green Hotel" which is one of the reasons we chose it. They do a great job of blending the green features seamlessly into the operation, guests who are not interested won't don't even notice a difference. Front desk staff was especially helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor and a room that does not face the fire station if you are a light sleeper
Green Features: I was very happy with the Hotels commitment to the environment - the Green rating was one of the reasons we chose this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
On behalf of everyone at the hotel I would like to thank you for such an great review and for letting others know about the fact that were a "green" hotel. Many guests are unaware of it, but it is something we take pride in. I'm glad to know our guests recognize and appreciate that. Our staff is really great and I'm glad you pointed it out. They are all so outgoing that it makes the feel of our hotel unlike many others. I hope you had a safe trip home and have a great week!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I called two days prior to staying to ask questions regarding transportation and parking etc. I was advised that the parking was valet and that although there was no hotel shuttle that there was a "free trolley" and that I could find out the schedule etc upon check in. Well, the valet does not accommodate large vehicles so we had to find self parking in Chicago thanksgiving weekend. Also the trolley only runs in the summer season so that was also not available. The breakfast was good for a traveling family we would have chosen a different location if we had been aware of the parking issues.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were not completely satisfied with your last visit. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some parking issues. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I can assure you that I will take your suggestions into consideration to improve our properly. Our guest feedback is incredibly important as it provides us an opportunity to attend to areas that need our attention.

I apologize for the inconveniences you went through and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and we will work hard to earn your trust once again.

Troy, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We enjoyed a long thanksgiving weekend here and were very pleased. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and fresh. We asked for extra pillows and they were promptly delivered. The kids wanted to swim and the indoor pool was clean. Due to weather we did not enjoy the patio at the pool but we checked it out and it was amazing. I would go back in the summer just for the patio! The staff was friendly. Breakfast was good and having a full buffet for breakfast included was great. Check out was just as quick and easy. The valet was also great.

I would suggest a less than $10 taxi ride to the shopping but if warm enough could certainly walk. Wonderful location and I would return to this hotel for my next trip to Chicago.

Room Tip: I suggest a suite with family as the full kitchen, living room, and dining table was excellent.
Hello Natasha,

Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel! I really appreciate all the kind words about our hotel and particularly the comments about our staff. I agree with you about our patio, its pretty amazing. Especially for a hotel downtown, it really makes you feel like you've stepped away from the city. We're very pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.