“Great Winter Stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #51 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Family and I stayed here the first day of the New Year. Alex at the front desk was great. Had to wait to get our room cleaned, but this was understandable as the previous night was New Years Eve and hotel had to have been packed! Was made aware of delay, and was fine with it, walked around Michigan Avenue in the snow and had a blast! Then Alex allowed us to hang out in the lounge with the large screen tv until our room was ready! Great room, clean, modern, and a lot of space! Will definitely be back. Didn't get a chance to try the pool or hot tub, but they too looked very clean and inviting!

Room Tip: Get a room up high!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank zzmanzz
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel, and all the nice comments about us as well. Especially the ones regarding me, I'm flattered. I'm pleased to see your family enjoyed your experience with us, and yet again I'm sorry for the delay on getting you your rooms. I really hope we have the opportunity of having you as our guest again in the future so we can get you in on time, or early if possible. Its a bummer that you didn't have a chance to enjoy the hot tub, pool, or sauna. Hopefully next time you'll have a chance to. Hope your year is off to a good start!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel seemed slow. Valet was helpful in getting taxis and giving directions even tho we didn't have a car. Hot tub was HOT and felt great after walking in the cold all day. Rooms were fine nothing memorable other than breakfast. One of the best FREE breakfast I have ever had. And the fire station is right next to the hotel, or a lot of people in that area set things on fire, either way it was kind of loud; good reminder you are in the heart of the city.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Pugmama,

I really appreciate you leaving us such a great review of our hotel, and I'm very pleased to see you enjoyed your experience with us! In my unbiased opinion, I would have to say we have some of the best amenities for any hotel downtown of our caliber, and after reading your review I'm sure you'd agree. The hot tub, pool, and sauna are great in the summer, but in the winter they're even better. Its like a retreat from the winter weather. Plus, the breakfast is so filling with quite a variety of options, it makes our hotel one of a kind in my opinion. We look forward to hopefully having you as our guest again in the future!

Thanks,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel is fine, the breakfast buffet was fine the location, a block from a fire station was not so nice. I found the mattress to be a bit uncomfortable but the location of the hotel was very convenient..

Room Tip: away from the fire station..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor, and for the nice comments about our property. I would have to agree with you, I do love our breakfast as well as our location. The breakfast is probably the best free breakfast I've had at a hotel especially in the city. I do apologize for the noise from the firestation. I truly hope it wasn't an inconvenience for you. If we have the pleasure of having you as guests in the future, please let us know and we'll make sure you get an interior room (they're quieter).

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel has a great location and its lobby and rooms have obviously been updated recently. It offers the usual Hampton amenities - free breakfast, pool, in-room free wi-fi. The beds were comfortable. The only complaint is that the windows are not well insulated and on cold nights, the cold gradient could be felt. This is a small distraction from what was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Hello Janice,

I appreciate the great review of our hotel here, and I would have to agree with you about our amenities. For a very reasonably priced hotel in downtown Chicago we do have quality amenities. Free Wi-Fi, a filling breakfast with plenty of options, and our pool/hot tub/sauna really make our property a great place to spend a few nights in the city. We also have an outdoor terrace, which Im sure you saw. Its a nice little retreat in the spring and summer months. I would like to apologize about the insulation and the temperature of the room. I'll have one of our engineers take a look and see if anything is wrong. Im happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and I look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Right in the city centre makes everything within walking distance. Very friendly and helpful staff, and comfortable rooms. However there are free earplugs provided. Considering it's central location, it was a lot quieter than I was expecting!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side will be quieter as there is a fire station on the west side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Mr. Douglas,

I really appreciate the kind words about our property, and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I love our location and staff as well. They're what makes our hotel what it is today and so special. The outside noise can be a factor to some of our lighter sleeping guests, but its good to see it didn't effect your experience with us.

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in walking distance from Michigan Avenue, State Street, and many shops and restaurants. It is close to most places you'll need and want to go. The staff is very friendly and happy to help at all times. The rooms are clean and the ac/heat works perfectly if you are looking to stay warm or cold. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with a big tv, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and sink. Very comfortable and clean. The will clean your room at any time after you leave, which is a good touch. If you are going to downtown Chicago for a few days, this is your place. The downside is parking which is very pricey. You should find a cheap parking ramp before hand. Everything is really.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Hello Mari,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone! I really appreciate the comprehensive review and the great comments about our hotel. I hope the firestation wasn't an inconvenience for you. If you return we can get you in an interior room, and that cuts down on the street noise quite a bit. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

The Hampton Inn is a terrific choice for staying in downtown Chicago. It is conveniently located near the CTA Red Line as well as numerous restaurants. There is a grocery store close by too. The free breakfast and sterling service make this a great option. The only downside is the close proximity to one of the fire stations which when they respond to calls at night can be a disturbance. Also at times the lack of water pressure in the shower and sink would make it difficult for people with long hair to rinse after shampooing. Overall though, this is a great hotel as I have stayed here multiple times and will do so again in the future.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

I wanted to thank you for all the great comments about the convenience of our location and the quality of our property. Its good to hear that you've not only enjoyed your experience with us during your last stay, but even during ones prior to that. I really hope the noise wasn't an inconvenience for you. We do our absolute best to accomodate to our guests that our "light sleepers". We offer free ear plugs, or if available we block them in interior rooms to reduce the noise. I look forward to having you as our guest in the future!