“Would definitely recommend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
South Bend, Indiana
“Would definitely recommend”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Was in Chicago for a race. Very convenient location. Walked to dinner on Friday night, took a cab to Grant Park Sat morning. But, even after running a half marathon, the hotel was close enough to walk back after the race. The breakfast was wonderful! Located on the second floor, there were plenty of fresh options and lots of space to enjoy it.

The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. Valet parking was convenient. I will stay here again for my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hello,

I hope your half-marathon went well! If it was this past month, you're tough, because it has been so cold out. Even if it wasn't this past month, you're still tough... a half-marathon in quite the accomplishment. My max was a 10K and I was beat by a group of 10 year olds. Thank you for leaving such a great review of our hotel though! I absolutely love our location and breakfast as well. In my unbiased opinion we have the best complimentary breakfast of any hotel I've seen. Plus, we're introducing even more healthier and fresh options. I'm happy to hear that you'll be staying with us next time you're in town, and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

f:312-830-0333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We took our daughter to Chicago for her 16th birthday and stayed here for two nights. The room was very clean and spacious. All of the staff were helpful, extremely friendly and professional, including the front desk, the doormen, and housekeeping. The front desks suggestions for restaurants were spot on. Even the breakfast was good and they were always keeping everything stocked. The manager should be proud of the great job everyone does! We certainly appreciated every aspect of hospitality and would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I really appreciate all of the compliments about our hotel and staff. I'm pleased to know that y'all enjoyed your experience with us and I wanted to thank you for sharing it with us here at the hotel and everyone on TripAdvisor. Our staff truly makes our hotel one of, if not, the best Hampton Inns in the country. The nice rooms and large complimentary breakfast do help as well though. I'll pass on your kind words to the staff here and Im glad to hear you would return. Hopefully we have the privilege of having you as our guest again in the future.

Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I come to Chicago every winter for a yearly getaway with friends and we love this hotel. This place has a great location with very reasonable prices, plus excellent amenities. The complimentary breakfast is also appreciate as well.

My only disappointment was that the pool was unavailable during my recent stay. Upon booking, there was a notification that the pool would be closed for renovations for a period in January. I made sure to book my trip for a time after this maintenance, but sadly we learned that the pool was still being worked on during our stay. It was disappointing but I understand that there can be unexpected complications. The hotel was able to provide access to a nearby hotel with a pool that my party was able to use so it wasn't a total loss.

Room Tip: Corner suites have kitchens with full sized fridges
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charles B
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Hello Charles,

I wanted to thank you for both sharing your experience with us and also for your loyalty to our hotel! Its comforting to know that the quality of service and rooms we provide keep guests coming back. However, I'm very sorry about the complications with the pool. There was structural damage that we were only made aware of after we finished work on the pool. Thus, causing it to be out of commission for longer than expected. I really appreciate your patience and understanding. Next year when you come back into town and if you choose to stay with us again please feel free to email me directly. If you reference this incident Ill make sure to do something special for you guys next time. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

sydney
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in a 1 bedroom. It is spacious and the free breakfast is good during the week but too busy on weekends. We had to wait for a table and also wait for buffet to be replenished on Saturday to Monday butthursday was a pleasant experience. The room has a sink, microwave and small fridge but no dishes or crockery. It was clean and modern looking. Location suited us perfectly. We never heard the fire trucks at night but we did visit the station because my son is crazy about fire trucks.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SydneyFamilyWith2kid
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Hello there Sydney Family,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm pleased to hear that you liked your room and found it to be more than accommodating during your time with us. I'm very sorry to hear that breakfast was busy during the weekend when you were here. It was a fairly busy weekend, but I'll make sure that we are properly staffed and have plenty of food prepared for weekends to come. Im happy to hear that the noise didn't disturb you and that your son was able to head over the the fire station. They're really nice over there and great with kids. I hope you had a safe trip home and thanks again!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is our second time we stayed in this hotel for a long (4 night) weekend. It is close to great dining and shopping. The staff is the best in Chicago very helpful with everything from recommendations to directions. Our suite was large, quiet, clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Tallguy69
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for not only returning to our hotel for a second time, but also for the compliments about our staff. I would have to agree with you 100%, they are quite possibly the best in the city. Every member of our staff has a positive and outgoing personalities which naturally allow us to enjoy great experiences with our guests day in and day out. Hopefully we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future!

New Paltz, NY, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Hampton Inn Downtown Chicago is the only hotel I will stay at when visiting Chicago. The reception staff is welcoming, the room quality is superior and I can count on a complementary breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello John,

I appreciate all of the comments about our hotel, and particularly the ones regarding our staff. I would like the think they are better than the ones at our competitors, and maybe even all the hotels in Chicago. The suites are really large for being in the city and the breakfast has quite a few options for being complementary. Thank you again for the review, and enjoy your weekend!

Hatillo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I will definitely stay again. I loved my trip to Chicago in part due to this hotel. The suite was huge, clean, fresh, well decorated and had everything I needed (including a big counter right at the entrance where you can leave your belongings after a long day). The bathroom was clean and with a family or four it was great to have the vanity separated from the shower. Breakfast had everything I expected and the area was clean and comfortable. Location was excellent. I didn't need earplugs (I stayed on the 8th floor).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hello Sagrario,

Wow, I appreciate the kind words about our hotel, and I'm very happy to know you enjoyed your experience with us! It really means a lot to me knowing that our staff/hotel alone made your trip to Chicago special. Thats the kind of impact we are trying to achieve day after day here at our hotel, and seeing the results on here is amazing. From the sound of it you had a suite. Those are great rooms, they're so spacious you wonder how rooms that big could be affordable downtown. The 8th floor is generally quiet as far as exterior noise goes, and if you get an interior room you can cut out a lot of noise actually. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!