“RETRY A Hampton Inn”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, United States
“RETRY A Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Don't underestimate a Hampton Inn. They have upgraded the quality of their hotel and ammenties. They may not be a 5-star property - however they are friendly, comfortable, always willing to help, and have many breakfast choices & some different hot ones too everyday. RETRY - a Hampton Inn you will be plesantly surprised.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Hello Helen,

I really appreciate all the nice comments about our hotel and staff. I agree with you entirely, we're a hotel worth checking out in Chicago. We're much different than most other Hampton Inns around the US and I think its a great thing. Our beds are incredibly comfortable and our breakfast is amazing (by far the best complimentary breakfast I've ever seen). We hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

f:312-830-0333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed in Chicago for a medical conference in late October. Couldn't have had a better experience. For starters, the hotel is in a great location. Not right on Magnificent Mile, but very close. Just a few blocks from the beautiful canal that runs through the city. What I enjoyed the most was the delicious continental breakfast!!! It was free and every day we had a warm breakfast and coffee. In a big city you will easily pay $10-15 daily for a good breakfast so I consider this a huge plus. The staff was VERY helpful. The rooms were great and were cleaned daily. We had a small issue with our TV not working well and within 15 minutes of calling the front desk they changed it out and gave us a starbuck's gift card. I've been to chicago twice and will defnitely be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello Scott,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I really appreciate all the nice compliments about out hotel, and particularly the ones mentioning our staff. The breakfast is probably one of our best amenities in my opinion, and I see that you would agree. Its hard to imagine how good it is for being complimentary, but seeing for yourself is always best. Glad you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Thanks,

Holland
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I travelled with a friend and her daughter for college visits. They gave us adjoining rooms, which we requested. Clean, good size nice rooms. Loved the comforters! Breakfast was really good. Lots of options. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, bagels...nice eating area as well. Definitely would go back and would recommend this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hello Julia,

I'm glad to hear y'all enjoyed your experience with us! I sure hope the college visits went well for both of them. Hopefully on your way back home you took a big detour to Indiana to check out my Alma matter there. I would have to agree with you on the breakfast, there are quite a few options for being complimentary and they're really good. Hopefully we have a chance to see you both in the future regardless if they decide to go to college here.

Have a great week!

St. Augustine, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hotel is located perfectly within reach of everything. Staff was amazing. The 1 and only con was the close proximity to a fire station. But I feel the hotel really made up for it with kindness and attention to guest needs

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Hi Everett,

Thank you for the feedback and Im glad to hear you have a great time while you were our guest. We strive for the best customer service and an unexpected attention to detail which I believe makes us the quality hotel that we are. I hope we have the chance to have you as our guest again in the future!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We spent two nights there as a weekend getaway for a family of five. The suite was spacious and accommodated us perfectly. I almost felt like we had our own little apartment in the city. We visited Chicago a year before and stayed at another hotel that was $100 more and not as roomy. Nice location, helpful staff, good breakfast. (Food was decent, and plenty of space - no long lines and jockeying for a table like I've experienced elsewhere.) I would have preferred queen beds (instead of doubles) but they were comfortable. As some other reviewers have noted, the pool was chilly and the hot tub was not in operation, but I did know from the hotel website that the pool had just re-opened, so I was not too surprised. Parking is expensive, but not any more so than other hotels. Parking rate is noted on website, and we got a package that included parking. We visit Chicago occasionally, and will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello SHG,

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us such an awesome review as well as sharing your experience with us. I completely agree with you about our suites and how spacious they are. With the kitchenettes, multiple TVs, and lots of square footage they really do feel like small apartments. Especially for the city here, they're larger than most condos downtown, and our rooms are so reasonably priced its hard not to come to Chicago. I'm sorry about the pool though. The hot tub and pool are back up and running now! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Dayton, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was not expecting the parking situation for Chicago. I was very pleasantly surprised by the outstanding valet service offered by this hotel. The valet staff went above and beyond. They were very professional and courteous. I found the hotel very clean and appealing. I noticed an outstanding daily attention to the smallest details. I also enjoyed the attached restaurant Ruth Chris Steakhouse I believe was the name. Outstanding food and staff also. I am planning to return to this hotel many times. I had no problems with the fire station next door. If you are in search of a very clean hotel with a great staff this is the one for you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Hey Lewis,

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us and as well for the comments about our hotel & staff. Ruth's Chris is a great option for dinner and I'm glad you enjoyed it. In the winter months its even better as we're attached, so theres no need to even wear a coat when going to dinner. I'll pass the comments along to our valet team. They're great, working through all weather conditions outside. Hope you had a safe trip home.

Have a great week!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I live fairly close to the city and was looking for a place for one night for the kids and I to have a little family getaway. After much searching and looking, I decided on this Hampton Inn, mainly because it has a pool and is in a wonderful location. When I booked the room, I made absolutely sure the pool was up and running (we had been burned in the past) and was assured the maintenance was finished and the kids could enjoy their stay (*main selling point for this short getaway in the city was the pool for swimming.) We arrived for our adventure weekend and had the nicest interaction with the staff at the desk. The service was great. As soon as we were settled in, it was off to the pool. Kids were soooo excited....until they jumped in andit was ice cold. Sigh. Five minutes after jumping in they were chattering and shivering. And no hot tub in working order to warm our cold bodies. Again, sigh. It would have been ice to know it wasn't up to standards when we checked in. The pool was a make it or break it for this weekend. As a single mom of three, these trip are few and far between. I wish this stay had been a better experience.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz F
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello Liz,

I really appreciate that you shared your experience with us and I would like so sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience the pool/hot tub situation caused you. If you could contact me directly via phone or email I would like to discuss the matter with you more in depth. However, I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel outside of that and found our staff to be as good as we think ourselves to be. I really hope you give us a second chance in the future.