“Wonderful stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hillsdale, Michigan
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights ... and had a wonderful experience! Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly! Hot complimentary continental breakfast each morning. They even let you store your luggage for free when you check out, if you're sight seeing for a while longer. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobflynn
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hello Mr. Flynn,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a great review and also for the nice comments regarding our hotel and staff. I love hearing guests share their experiences with us and the world on here. We all give 110% everyday so its nice to see the results first hand. I'm happy to hear you will be staying with us again and we look forward to having you as our guest!

f:312-830-0333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked this hotel because of the good reviews on this site as well as for the great AAA rate I received for a suite. The location is great. The suite was huge. Large bedroom with king bed and separate living room and kitchen area i the suite. Bathroom Sink area is located in the bedroom with the bath and toilet area separated by a door. My preference is for the entire bathroom area to be separated by the door, but it was ok. The room was clean. Kitchen area had table, small fridge, and microwave. This is an older hotel but overall, for the price, it was a good choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hello Bertha,

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us and I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The suites are really nice and quite spacious for being in the city. May I make a suggestion for the instance that you return? Our corner suites have a bathroom that is connected to both the bedroom and the kitchen/living room area, so I think that would possibly work better for you. Plus, they're huge; bigger than most apartments downtown. I'm happy you liked the location as well, its perfect for doing just about anything in the city. I hope you had a safe trip home and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed March 26th, 2014. Four adults.

We arrived at 3pm. Check in was 4pm. But our room was ready. Paid the valet ($55) who took great care of our vehicle. Other reviewers had warned us about the elevator noise so we had requested a room away from them. They also warned of the fire station nearby. We heard the sirens throughout the day but after enjoying our night out at the House of Blues for the Scott Stapp concert, we slept peacefully.

Our room came with a huge king sized bed in a separate room, a sofa sleeper, two tvs, a nice sized bathroom and vanity area. Also a kitchen area with a table, chairs, microwave and fridge. The nighttime view was incredible. The staff was so friendly. Even poking fun at us for supporting our home team (Green Bay Packers) while in Chicago.

The free breakfast was beyond amazing, tasty and fresh. And not just cereal and stale muffins! There was waffles, eggs, sausage, muffins, toast, english muffins, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, three different types of milk and juices. It was very enjoyable.

The pool opened early (6am) which was great for us because we wanted to take advantage of the pool before leaving. There was also a sauna and a workout area along with a hot tub. Very relaxing. Especially after we had been on our feet all day the day before.

If we are ever in the area again, we will most certainly be staying again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. We did, and we're glad! Be aware of the fire station n...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hello Jennifer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed and comprehensive review of our hotel, and also for all the compliments! Im happy you were about to enjoy the breakfast and the pool/hot tub/sauna. Many people assume we don't have either because we're in the city, but I feel like the sauna is even more so of an added bonus. Plus, our breakfast has so many options its hard to believe its free. Personally, the staff here at this hotel are some of the most fun people to work with that I've encountered over the years. They truly care about each and every guest and may or may not be loyal to their home teams. I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Hopefully we'll have the the oppertunity to have you as our guest again in the future!

Milford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My college friends and I vacationed in Chicago over St Patrick's day weekend. We had reservations at a place in Lincoln Park and were screwed over. This left us with no place to stay on one of the busiest weekends in Chicago. Byron was a big help to us and got us rooms for the weekend. He was very accommodating as well as the rest of the staff. The hotel was in a great location and very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. MSU GRADS

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hello Jill,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and also for the kind words about our hotel. I'll make sure Byron sees your comment and I'll pass it on the the rest of our staff. I remember speaking with you two in the morning after you had the incident in Lincoln Park. I'm please to know everything worked out in the end for you though. MSU grads are always welcome at the hotel (I just finished watching their game against UConn, seasons over but Tom Izzo is still awsome!). Hopefully you had a safe trip back to Michigan and we look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Waukesha Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed at this Hampton when in Chicago for a get away. They accommodated us with a suite far from the firehouse across the street (didn't hear a thing). The price was very good, although parking is costly. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. The location is great, near Eataly, Michigan Ave and the loop. This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be located high on the east side. There is a fire station on the west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philomundi
Hey Philomundi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such an awesome review of our property. Im happy to know you liked our location, and I appreciate the comments regarding our staff. They truly are great and make our hotel something special. The firestation, like you said, can be a disturbance for our light sleepers, but in that case we always suggest interior rooms. Hope you had a safe trip home and maybe we'll be lucky enough to have you as our guest again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

On first impression, this was a nice Hampton that looks like it started out as one of the quaint historic hotels in downtown Chicago. My room seemed nice enough, although the bathroom floor was less than clean - it looked like dirty water was just pushed around the floor and left to dry there in dark splotches. It was really noticeable behind the doors, which were obviously not cleaned during the washing. Still, it was pleasant enough and reasonably quiet, even though they weren't able to accommodate my usual request of a higher floor, away from elevator.

The next morning, I went down to breakfast, choked down the typical reconstituted egg product, and left for work. Imagine my surprise when I got back from the office to find my floor had been taken over by a gaggle of middle schoolers who seemed to think they had the floor to themselves. At one point I poked my head out and asked them if they had a lower volume for indoors. The rest of the night consisted of loud cell conversations in front of my door from their chaperones, along with extremely loud "SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH" sounds as the groups stampeded back to their rooms. And of course, there was the knocking from door to door for room checks at night, and the corresponding wake up knocks in the morning.

I requested my room be changed and got a much quieter room on the top floor for my third night, although this one had a door to adjoin the next room and the person on that side seemed to have an affinity for bathing in their perfume. At least it was quiet.... Until the fourth night, when another group checked in on my new floor. Thankfully this group was all adults and had a better grasp of personal volume, but they still had an affinity for long conversations conducted in the doorways and hall.

One thing I can say is that the housekeeping staff, while apparently not blessed with the best cleaning products for the floors, were amazingly attentive to other details. On my first day back in, I discovered all my random stuff on the nightstand had been organised, the dirty clothes I'd strewn on the floor were packed neatly into a plastic bag, and my luggage had been placed on a rack in the corner for me. My bathroom was also left pleasantly arranged.

Overall, it wasn't the worst experience I've ever had, but when I return to this client, I'll probably opt for my usual Palmer House Hilton.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank octalpus
Hello,

I would like to sincerely apologize for both the incident with the group on your floor as well as the cleanliness of the bathroom in your initial guestroom. With youth groups we do our absolute best to keep them all on the same floor and avoid disturbances with other guests. I've mentioned this incident to both our sales manager and assistant manager about the process to minimize guest disturbance in the future. Regarding the bathroom floors, I spoke with our housekeeping manager and we have a new brand of mop we started using a few days ago which should eliminate that from happening moving forward. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a comprehensive review and also for taking time out of your day to do so. Hopefully you'll give us another chance in the future to see that we truly are different. Please contact me directly if you decide to do so.

Idaho Falls, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had an excellent experience at this hotel and the food at their restaurant was expensive but delicious. Our only complaint was the pool water was not hot enough for a comfortable swim. This hotel provided easy access to Field Museum, Shedd Acquarium, and Adler Planetarium. A shopping mall was only 2 blocks away and lots of good restaurants were within walking distance. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hello Nancy,

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a great review and also for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad our location worked well for you for both shopping and museums. The restaurant just opened up a few weeks ago, but Im happy to hear you enjoyed the food there. I'll have to pass on your compliments. Im happy to know youd stay here again and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Have a great weekend,