“Loved It”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kentucky
“Loved It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I went on a mini vacation with my boyfriend and I have to say I was impressed. I wasn't expecting the quality of service I got. I will definitely stay again!! And I would also recommend this location to friends.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladybuglovers
Alex S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your leisure trip to our hotel! We look forward to your next visit and ask that you contact us in advance if there is anything special we can do for you in advance of arrival.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Granville, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed over a Friday night for Spring Break. The reviews I read here were pretty consistent - - nice hotel with a busy, noisy fire department across the street. For the price, I was willing to take a chance on 1) the fire department not being busy, or 2) on the other side of the hotel, or 3) maybe I would sleep through it. Wrong on all accounts, at least for me! The fire department went out at least 4 times between midnight and 6:00 am, the suites for 6 are on the side of the hotel with the fire station right across the street, and no I did not sleep through the sirens, even with the ear plugs provided in the hall when you get off the elevators. Most of the other five in my family either only heard the sirens once or not all. I used to sleep like that when I was a kid, but not anymore. With 6 of us, it was nice to have a room and breakfast for all of us instead of just "2" kids. Breakfast was great, hot and cold and even some fresh pineapple. The kids swam in the pool and it may have been warm enough for me, but I just sat in the hot tub. Valet parking had in-and-out privileges but pricey at $55 for one night. I wish I had known about spothero.com and reserved parking nearby. Used spothero a couple of weeks later for a work conference at another downtown Chicago hotel and it was great. Other than the fire station, we liked the location as we were within walking distance of two different Chicago style pizza places.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank GangOfSeven
Dear GangofSeven,

We thank you for your business, as well as taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. We certainly apologize for the noise inconvenience experienced. If you can think of anything we could have done better, please do let me know. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast offering!

312-832-0330
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our family of 5 stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown for 1 night in April. Nice hotel in a great location.

We booked a 1 bedroom King Suite for 2 adults and 3 children (requesting in the comments section there be sufficient bedding for all with the children's ages 10, 13 &15). Unfortunately when we arrived we had to pay an additional fee for a rollaway bed.

At booking stage for a group of 5 I don't believe a 1 bedroom King Suite should be offered as a room without prompting for additional fees for a rollaway bed.

That said we enjoyed our stay at the hotel, it just cost us a little more than expected

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kjb3stop
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback pertaining to your recent experience with us! I am sorry to learn of the booking issue experienced relating to the $10 rollaway bed fee. I will be sharing your response with the Hilton Reservation Center and ask that they consider your request of removing the King Suite option when booking a room reservation for five or more people. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the rest of your experience with us. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was our first visit to Chicago, we wanted to stay in a central location. The hotel was clean, wifi was free and the breakfast was standard for the Hampton Inn's we have stayed in recently. It was expensive but we prefer to stay at Hilton properties and the location was good. Parking was a shock when we first looked at downtown location. The parking was comparable to the hotels downtown.

The hotel could use some upgrading. I'm not sure I would stay there if we return to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda H
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hello Linda,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I appreciate the feedback. I really hope you reconsider and stay with us again next time you come into the city. The parking prices in Chicago are quite high to be honest. The city imposed a $13 tax increase last summer, and we could only absorb so much of the cost. However, I'm proud to say we do offer the cheapest valet prices in the area. I hope you had a safe trip home!

Have a great weekand,

Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My first visit last year for business was so impressive that I returned for a leisure stay. This property is a hidden jewel of River North. The hotel is just close enough to be far away enough from the crowded streets. I'm HH Gold and stay at Hampton Inns for most of my year. This hotel is as close as it gets to the one-on-one service you'd expect from an upscale boutique hotel. The breakfast staff roamed the tables and engaged guests in a delightful manner. Same tone of courteously and proactive willingness to help at the front desk. This is by far one of my favorite Hampton Inn properties because of the location and the staff. We came this time for a Cubs game and without the recommendation of the staff would have likely have taken the wrong mode of transportation to Wrigley Field. Another hidden gem is just around the corner on State Street. It's an L station that carried us to and from the game in minutes. I'll be back again for business and leisure travel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Craig L
Hey Craig,

On behalf of everyone on my team I would like to both thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and for sharing your experience with us! It truly makes me feel a sense of accomplishment when I hear back from our guests and they are able to see just how much we care about the hotel. It means even more when coming from a Gold HHonors that stays in Hampton Inns frequently. We really do try to make a genuine connection with all of our guests and make your time with us more of an experience rather than a stay. Our location is just as you described, and I love it. Were in a great location for seeing the city and really close to transportation. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, whether its for business or leisure, and hope you had a safe trip home!

Have a great weekend,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Good location, free internet, room very simple with no fridge, also found a Cockroach in the bathroom. Good breakfast but very simple, eating in paper plates & cups and plastic cutlery that had to be thrown away after eating. I consider it very very expensive for the amenities offered.
Also located next to the Fire brigade (noisy during the nights)

Room Tip: Perhaps if you stay in higher floors, it might not be that noisy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chocolaterie
Dear Chocalaterie,

Thank you for chosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown and taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. I apologize for the insect found in bathroom, as well as any noise that may have become a nuissance from the neighboring firestation. We truly want every guest to enjoy time spent with us, and I welcome you to contact me direct so that we can further discuss your experience. It is my hope that we can make things up to you.

Ph. 312-832-0330
Gilberts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have Diamond status with Hilton and we had a family wedding in Chicago. I booked this Hampton and just thought I was getting a normal room. We used points so I didn't pay much attention. We were able to check in early because of the awesome front desk staff. We got to our room and found ourselves in a very spacious suite. Kitchen, living area and separate bedroom. I have stayed at just about every Hilton in Chicago and this one impressed me the most. Large room, great staff and fantastic location. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Robert N
Hey Robert,

Thank you so much for all the nice comments about our hotel and for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family and we're always happy to upgrade Diamond members when we have the availability. I'm pleased to know you lied our hotel and staff. Our suites really are great, and truly the best deal for your money in the city. We hope to have you as out guest in the future!

Have a great weekend,