“ABSOLUETLY !!!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #57 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I am a very seasoned traveler. This was my second visit to Chicago in 5 months. I loved loved, loved this hotel...and city. It had my three C's Comfortable, Convienent, and Cozy. The breakfast was HOT !! and execellent choices,, so many. You can easily have brkfst at your leisure before starting your day and not rush to go out and find a usually cowarded place. The redline CTA is ONE BLOCK away. I walked to some amazing restuarants, like Table-fifty two, Graham Elliott and Frontera Grill which is one block around the corner. ( these places are very famous must have reservations in advance). The staff was stellar from the doorman to the frontdesk ( which is where most hotels ratings are affected). My room had granite countertops in my little kitchen area and a micorwave. I could heat up my leftovers. My room was trendy, immaculate and cool. I stood at the Hyatt in May 2010, they cannot hold a wick to this place. Yes , I will go back.. again for another weekend getaway. Oh one drawback is that is next to a fire department. But they will give you earplugs. don't worry a glass of wine and some earplugs you will be fine.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank misslee4jc
Write a ReviewReviews (2,608)

Reviewed 25 October 2010

The good:
Comfortable room and bedding
Great location in Chicago (except for noise)
Friendly, helpful staff
Free internet

The bad:
The fire station next door answers 4-6 calls per night. If you are a light sleeper you will be awakened.
The free breakfast is atrocious. Dry scrambled eggs, toast and cereal in an overcrowded and dirty room.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This hotel is perfectly located, easy to walk to shopping and restaurants. The front desk is exceptionally helpful. They can direct you to wherever you want to go. We especially enjoyed the Museum of Natural History (Field Museum), the Lincoln Park Zoo and the boat tour. Don't miss Shaw's Crab House and D4 Pub. The best shopping is at Water Tower Place.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We were very pleased with our choice of hotel for the conference we attended. We had over 30 rooms booked and not a problem to be found! The location was central to our conference venue (McCormick Place) and in a safe environment in the city. The rooms were clean and updated, the breakfast was great with plentiful choices. The best part of the stay were the wonderful attentive staff on hand - it was more like concierge service! With the many changes/additions that were made to our group's stay, the staff was professional, courteous and more than helpful. When we come back to Chicago - we will be staying here!

Reviewed 19 October 2010

This hotel is truly a hidden gem. It is in a great location, just a couple of blocks from Michigan Avenue. Many great restaurants, in all price ranges, are just a few steps away. Hotel staff was absolutely amazing. Every one of them greeted us with a smile and a "how can I help you attitiude" each day. The complimentary breakfast was amazing, you really could not ask for a better breakfast and the fact that it is included with the room rate is huge. The free internet, in the room, was a bonus also. I spent a lot of time doing comparison shopping for hotels on and off the Magnificent Mile before our trip and was not a bit disappointed in my choice. We have paid much for hotel rooms on the mile during previous visits. Were they nicer? No, not really. Did they cost more? absolutely!! Many of the other hotels were twice as much and DID NOT include breakfast for the enitre family or wi-fi IN THE ROOM. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed here for one night and the other four at the Hyatt Regency because that was were the conference was located. However, the Hampton Inn and Suites were so much better. They had free breakfast and snacks, free internet, and an excellent room. This was a great choice and we highly recommend it to all Chicago travelers.

1  Thank AvaTennessee1
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I spend 60-90 nights a year in hotels across the country and around the world and have preferred Hampton Inn properties for over 10 years. So I try to book a room in one if possible. This hotel is without a doubt the best one I've ever stayed in. It's quiet, the rooms are very well furnished for a business traveler and the staff were superb.