We stayed here for 4 nights using Hilton Honors points. We were trying to use as few points as possible and only this hotel and Doubletree were level 5 hotels, all the others downtown were 6. We chose this one because of the free breakfast, and because it seemed a slightly better location.
WOW! I've stayed at Hampton Inns before, but never like this. From the moment the doorman with a big smile opens the front door for you, you think you are staying at a 5 star hotel. And it just keeps on coming with the outstanding check in desk staff (thank you Stephanie, you are the BEST!), to the bell desk, to the housekeeping, to the breakfast room.
Talking of breakfast, the room is great. On the second level with glass all around for city views, food all pretty good (except fro the liquid eggs used for the scrambled eggs, not so good): Activia yoghurt, Thomas's English muffins, decent bagels, great waffles!, fruit, name brand cereals, etc. all in a clean, well managed room.
Bed was VERY comfortable with a sponge pillow and a down/feather one to suit all tastes. Hotel lobby is great, with afternoon freshly popped popcorn, all corridors are clean and very well kept. This really feels like a much fancier hotel than a regular Hampton Inn.
The only bad news is the SIRENS. Loud and several times during the day and night, coming from the fire station next door, which also dispatches ambulances so it's not just the occasional fire. We were in a king bed room. I think all kings are on the fire station side, so the doubles on the other side might not be as bad. But we use a sound machine (those things that make white noise) and it did a great job of drowning out the noise at night so we were never woken up. The hotel also offers free earplugs. Even without the sound machine, after a short while we didn't even really notice the sirens, and I would definitely not let the noise be a deal breaker to this otherwise perfect hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping & dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier & Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business & theatre districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free "on the house" hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center & indoor swimming pool. End the day with a reservation with two onsite restaurants: Mama's Boy Italian located adjacent to our lobby or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn