“Great location and very spacious for a Chicago room” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, CA
“Great location and very spacious for a Chicago room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

This boutique hotel was everything we needed for our short one night stay in Chicago. We were only staying for the night and heading out in the early morning so we really didn't have too much time to spare. But we wanted to stay in the city instead of near the airport so we can go to Millennium Park. The hotel was a perfect fit for us because the location of this hotel was walking distance to Millennium Park so we had enough time to go to the park before going back to Midway Airport.

We arrived at the hotel around 1am and were exhausted. The hotel outside area was really dark but luckily our cab driver new exactly where it was. The lobby is nothing to boast about. It was very small so we were somewhat worried about how small our room was. The front desk was very helpful though and welcoming.

Our room (203) was on the second floor and in the corner. Once we entered, we were relieved how spacious it was. We stayed in Chicago in August 2010 at W City Center and REALLY hated how tiny of a room it was. Our room at the Hotel Burham had vaulted ceilings, very big windows. Our view was nothing special (the Old Navy Clothing store) but it was nice that it was a view at least. My only complaint was that the bathroom bathtub was really small but you can't have it all.

Overall, I would completely recommend this hotel. It's a boutique hotel and got everything I needed (they also have free coffee and tea in the morning in the lobby). The room and staff are great. Also, I got my hotel deal through SniqueAway so pretty reasonable in price and I have Kimpton In-touch membership (free to join) so I got free internet. I definitely want to come back to this hotel when in the area!

Room Tip: Join Kimpton In-touch.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Warsaw, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

My friend and I went up to spend some time with her family in downtown Chicago. The location of this hotel was excellent. The staff were 100% wonderful. There was never a time in 4 days that they weren't friendly, nice and accommodating. When I travel to Chicago again, I will stay only in this hotel! We had a room on the 15th floor and the view was excellent!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed for almost two weeks at the Burnham in June. Was there mostly for work and a bit of pleasure. The staff at the hotel were excellent. Very friendly and accommodating to whatever I needed - or just saying hello when I returned at the end of the day. The room was very nice as well - a good size for the price and all the amenities that I needed. A good desk and chair were especially welcome considering I often worked in the room. The location is excellent for both work and for exploring Chicago. Walking distance to most attractions and very near to two different "L" stops means you can access everything in Chicago very easily. The little extras were nice as well - coffee in the morning in the lobby, drinks in the evening both very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

For our first anniversy my husband and I stayed at the hotel Burnham and could not have asked for better service. We were there two nights and by the end of the first day the staff knew our names and what we had done that day, it was great. They even sent up a bottle of wine for us to celebrate with.
The location was about 2 blocks east of millienum park and right in the heart of shopping. It was an easy walk to the L, although we never used it. We were able to easily walk to the art muesum, and Navy pier. Also, very close to the theather district.
The rooms were small, but we were in a large city so I kind of expected that. The did well decorating in that space. My husband did not like the bed, which is why I gave comfort of the room a 3.
Overall the staff was very helpful, the room was beautiful and the area was GREAT. Stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Don't overlook this little gem of a hotel. This place is in a great location with Millenium Park just down the street and Macys across the street.
Our friends stayed at the Palmer House and wished they had heard about this place as the service there was terrible.
Complimentary Starbucks coffee in the morning, wine between 5:00 and 6:00pm and large pitchers of lemon and berry water available free throughout the day...little touch but welcome after hours outside exploring this great city.
Hotel is also very pet friendly.
The staff was VERY accommodating in every way and we never felt that any request was a bother...especially helpful doormen.
The rooms are small but well designed, clean and have everything you would need;
Nice Aveda toiletries, good sized flat screen, free internet access, mini bar, pillow menu and bathrobes are all included.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank beeknee4lk9
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I am a big fan of Kimpton Hotels! I had never been to the Hotel Burnham. It was everything I've come to expect & love from Kimpton. The front desk people were extremely quick, efficient & friendly checking me in. The lobby is one of the smaller ones I've seen at Kimptons, but has a tasteful, elegant & creative flair. The elevator was always waiting with the door open on the ground floor. My room was small, but luxuriously decorated, clean & had a great view. Even though it was right next to the elevators, it was extremely quiet & relaxing. I look forward to the Frette sheets, Aveda bath products & even the tiger bathrobes when I stay at Kimptons. Free wifi throughout the hotel is a given if you sign up for their loyalty program. BTW it's one of the most generous ones out there & lets your roll over points, unlike many of the others out there. The hotel is steps from The Art Institue, Millennium Park & other attractions. There is free Starbucks coffee in the lobby in the morning & a free wine & cheese in the evening. Kimpton really knows how to attract & retain their guests. I will definitely be back next time I am in Chicago on business.

Room Tip: Until the end of June, mention the word SUMMER
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

My family of four spent my birthday in The Burnham in mid june. It was great. Martin, the front desk manager is a charming man who was kind enough to get my wife and me a corner room which allowed us to look up Washington to see the top of the Gehry pavilion in Millenium Park and down the truly great street, State Street, to see the Chicago theatre. We were directly kitty corner across the street from what was the flagship Marshall Field's store, sadly, now Macy's. It was a short 2 block walk to visit Millenium park and an easy walk a few more blocks to the Art Institute. Or, we could have turned left and walked the magnificent mile. The room was lovely and met all of our needs. We had breakfast in the bustling ground floor restaurant and it too was excellent. They also set out coffee for those who just want to grab a free cup of joe on your way out the door. Kimpton properties are uniformly well run and exude a "fun" vibe. This may be their very best property. The physical plant and the staff are excellent. My kids room was small, only 175 square feet but they use every inch and it did not feel crowded. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family