“A wonderful international experience I would recommend to anyone!”

The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Australia
“A wonderful international experience I would recommend to anyone!”
Reviewed 17 March 2010

My husband and I travelled to Chicago on a much-anticipated vacation. The historical aspect of the hotel intrigued us both. After approximately 24 hours in transit, we were both exhausted and found the staff amazingly friendly and helpful. Our room, although small, was very comfortable and beautifully decorated - the photos on their website were spot-on. Free wireless internet enabled us to keep in touch with the kids back home! We look forward to staying at the Hotel Burnham again in 2012 when we make our next trip from Australia to Chicago.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet_the_traveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Columbus
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I made my reservation on Priceline (coming from a person who works in hotels, I hate expedia, hotels and priceline). I know that every once in awhile there is a problem with these sites and the reservations don't go through so I called to confirm and make sure I had a room waiting for me. I wasn't surprised to hear that they couldn't find my reservation.
Martin was the gentleman that was helping me work through this kink. He emailed me my confirmation and I was all set. Upon checking in, the staff was super friendly and there to supply any information I would need and/or want. We got up to our floor and looked at the halls. It was gorgeous. Marble walls, doors that remind you of an old office building, it was just amazing. I looked at our room number, we were upgraded to a suite!

We walked in the room and saw the view. There wasn't much of one, but it was still something and you could see the lake a little from the room. Waiting for us on the tv stand was a bottle of sparkling wine and a chocolate bar. The room was beautiful. The pictures on their website are truly what the rooms look like. Granted, you have to expect to have a small room given, you are in the middle of Chicago. I disappoints me that people wouldn't expect that. Nonetheless, it was a gorgeous suite!

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It is gorgeous inside and out and the staff was so friendly and wonderful! I would recommend this to anyone going to Chicago that wants a more personal experience!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 March 2010

I took my kids here and we all felt like royalty from the time we walked in to the time we left. Our room had a wall of windows, view of the lake, distant sounds of the El were soothing, and the doorman charmed my daughters with his eastern european accent and Dr. Zhivago black faux-furry hat. Aside from the room's size, unfortunately small, and the pizza, delicious but very expensive, I recommend this place without reservation. In fact, get the pizza. I can't remember the name, but it's the place where the counter staff eat and it was probably worth it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
TeamBurnhamChicago, General manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2010
Dear Mommy4eyes

We were so excited to read your review, we so glad you enjoyed yourself.

We all love our Hotel so much, it has such history and truly is a little Gem , thanks for appreciating this.

I will for sure say hi to Sasha for you our amazing door man

Team Burnham
Bath, Michigan
Reviewed 23 February 2010

The Reliance building is the oldest skyscraper in the world and its conversion into a hotel was impeccable. It shares with all the other Kimpton hotels, fine service and free wine in the afternoon. When I am in Chicago I stay there unless it is full then I go to the other Kimpton hotels, the Allegro or the Monaco.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
New York, New York
Reviewed 4 February 2010

The room was way too small -- otherwise, a great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2009
TeamBurnhamChicago, General manager at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2010
Dear SanKit

Thanks so much for visiting and staying with in Chicago, the whole team was excited that you did. We so much enjoyed the feedback. We know thats some of our rooms are small but they more than make up for it in historical terms -w e love our hotel and are gald you did too.

Team Burnham
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 31 January 2010

This is the third time we have stayed at the Hotel Burnham. I am a Kimpton member. The hotel sent up wine, chocolate, and a nice note. This time we tried a Deluxe King Suite. Very nice if you need extra room. Great view of State Street and the Pritzker Pavilion. We live in the suburbs of Chicago. This is our favorite place to stay in the city. They have great weekend deals. Check the website. Love this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed 28 January 2010

We once again recently stayed here in fall 09 and are never disappointed. In fact our rooms keep getting better. Great prices if you signup and get early deals. Uncomplicated staff and checkin. They let us check in early to a room that maybe wasn't promised to us, but same price and we were able to get out to enjoy the beauty of Chicago a few blocks away at Millenium Park. Attended a wedding a few blocks away and had a wonderful walk to/from the hotel. Did a package and got a great free continental breakfast. Will do this again. We live in the suburbs and this is a great location for people who come to enjoy the city.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple