Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago
US$446
US$250
US$231
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$271
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$161
2,475 results
All reviewswindow seatwine hoursouth water kitchenthe rivermediterranean suitewine receptionraid the mini baranimal print robesthe loopcomplimentary wineyoga mata river view roomtrump towermillennium parkbrick walleach eveningfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I usually do not write bad reviews as I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I know it is impossible to bring your "A" game every day. However, for the money spent, this is the worst hotel I have stayed in. First of all, they had lost my reservation and it took about 15 minutes to find it even though I presented a confirmation number. I was offered no compensation for my time. Then the meeting room staff ignored multiple requests to turn down the fans. The AC in my hotel room made an annoying noise all night long. I hope I never have to stay on this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank DDay1959
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear DDay1959 -

We appreciate you taking the time to offer your constructive criticism of your recent stay at the Hotel Monaco. We all want to be the best we possibly can, and without our guests being honest and sharing what that its, we would never be able to achieve that. I am very sorry to hear that your experience at the Monaco was not our typically exceptional service and that you experienced a delay at check in due to a clerical error in the spelling of your reservation. We understand your reluctance to return, but would always be happy to host you again and hopefully show you the true Monaco experience.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I was attending a conference that was held at the Monaco Hotel! It is centrally located with walking distance to many attractions! The room and the entire hotel was elegant! Clean! I stayed 3 nights. The maid was folding the hand towels and washcloths differently every day! It was amusing and a great touch! The staff at the concierge, front desk, and throughout the facility were helpful, friendly, and polite at all times! I appreciated their exceptional customer service. I used the business center, and one of the front desk employees came to assist me when it wasn't working properly. She removed the internet charges. She didn't have to. The only bad feedback I would add is the construction next door. They begin at 5:30 am..... So I would wake up. I am sure it's temporary. Hopefully, next time I stay at Monaco, I have a room with a view!

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Ellada H -

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a lovely review of your recent stay. While we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, we are even more proud that our staff made such a positive impact. We would be happy to get you that room with a view on your next trip!

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hotel Monaco in Chicago is perfect for almost any trip to Chicago. It is in the business district, but only a block away from Michigan Avenue and just south of the river. This means all of Chicago's fabulous shopping, great restaurants, museums and Millennium Park/Grant Park are within walking distance. The hotel itself if clean, updated and has great service. Everyone we met went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The rooms are well appointed and have everything you need, but are not luxurious. The rooms are average size with plenty of room for yoga and stretching. The water, tea and coffee in the lobby are a nice treat. The restaurant is very good and the bar is stocked with friendly bartenders serving nice wines, beers and spirits.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the parking garage may offer a quieter sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa G
MarcoScherer, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Lisa G -

What a lovely review! You managed to hit all the high points for us, and I'm so glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll take the quick trip down to visit us often, we look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stay at this hotel each time we come to Chicago - great location, super service, and an updated gym that is still small but much improved. Easy trip by public transportation from Midway or O'hare - only a few blocks from the loop stop. Special shout out to Frances at the front desk for making the trip go so smoothly and Michael for being so attentive. Worth joining Kimpton Karma for free wifi and a discount on the minibar or in their restaurant bar.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wilmafred1

Dear wilmafred1 -

Thank you for your great review, and especially for giving a shout out to Frances & Michael - two of our rockstar team members! We hope that our team, as well as our convenient location will keep you coming! As you do, you'll continue to build your Kimpton Karma while enjoying those WiFi & Raid the Bar perks - everyone wins!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've stayed here loads of times and it is consistent every time. Great big rooms, always very clean and helpful staff. The location is really good as well. I like Kimpton and this is my favorite one. .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank livinginlondon1344

Dear livinginlondon1344 -

Thank you so much for your loyalty, not only to Kimpton, but especially to the Monaco Chicago. We will continue to welcome you with open arms & great big rooms for all of your future travels!

See you soon,