“A Good Choice In Chicago”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #32 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago
“A Good Choice In Chicago”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The Omni Chicago is a very nice hotel. The only problem is that there are a lot of very nice hotels in Chicago. We booked a corner room, and it was nice. It had a window above the headboard of the bead, which was kind of neat. The room was small, but omni was upfront about that by telling you the sq ft on their websitie(I think 400sqft). It is called a suite, but it is no bigger than most other hotel rooms. What makes it a suite is just that instead of leaving it as one normal size room, they have made it into 2 separate small rooms separated by french doors. It does have 2 TVs, but the one in the bedroom is a rather small tube tv. We requested an upper floor twice, but only received the 11th, I think the hotel has 25 or more floors. We did not notice any areas of concern in cleanliness. The bed was decent. The fitness room was large and had a lot of equipment. The hotel does have a small pool. Having a pool is more rare than you might expect in downtown Chicago. The hot tub was broken when we were there, but the pool was warm. The hotel has 24 hour room service, which did come in handy for us. The location is great if you want to do shopping, but it's not the best area for nightlife. We paid 249 for a corner suite that included parking and $50 in breakfast food credit. That price put it at the upper end of hotels in it's class for these dates. The rooms don't seal very well from the hall. Noise and conversation can be heard in your room, though, overall the halls were quiet.

Bottom Line. There are a lot of nice hotels in Chicago, this is one of them. If you choose Omni you'll surely be satisfied.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rglow
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for recommending us to your fellow travelers. The hot tub repair should be complete in March. We hope you to see you on your next trip to Chicago.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
yonkers, new york
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I chose the Omni Chicago for our recent trip to Chicago because of the great location, its excellent value, instant rewards program and indoor pool. My husband and I traveled with 2 other couples and we were all very pleased with the beautiful suite accomodations, and the friendliness and courtesy of the staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites. I would avoid a room near the health club to avoid pool/chlorine smells.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeannem52
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2012

It is worthwhile and no cost to join Omni's loyalty group. We received a carafe of coffee and newspaper at our door each morning - at the time specified by request each night. As a regular amenity, the gym was well equipped and very clean - with an attendant there all morning. Our room was too warm and the controls did not work when we arrived, but that was repaired promptly - by 7:00 of the night we reported it. Desk staff were very pleasant and researched duty exemptions for us for our border crossing. Front door staff were also courteous and created an impression of attention to keep the place secure.The location on Michigan Ave. is very convenient and our room facing the adjacent street was very quiet. The room was clean and in excellent condition if not particularly stylish - not a concern for me. I will try this chain again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MGlenda
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you in Chicago and we're glad to have your as a loyalty member.
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Across the street from the Apple store in Michigan Avenue's magnificent mile, the property is very well located right in the heart of the city. Spacious rooms. Breakfast facility with nice decoration and food, though less variety of options in the buffet than what I would expect for a 5-star facility. Kind but less than charming attention. Chicago, on the other hand, is one of the best "all around" cities in the world.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank RespiraPanama
Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Please allow me to say that my issues were resolved with top speed and with professionalism. The person I credit with articulating the issues and having them resolved so quickly is Ms. Jackie (The Operator). I explained to her that I had problems with my heat in the room and that it was very cold. She was able to get me assistance almost before I got off the line. I needed a refrigerator for my food and she was able to get me one to the room by the time I came back from Walgreens. The engineer was Bryan. I didn't believe he was the engineer because he looked so young, but he took care of my issue within few minutes and I was able to get to bed at a reasonable time in warmth. One final person I will applaud for excellent service is Alice, Front Desk. She was the first person I encountered and my check-in was done with care and flawless. When I got to my room and unpacked, I realized that I did not bring my laptop power cord. I went to the desk and she told me that she would look in to helping me and get back with me. I asked for information on a couple of clothing stores, because I did not pack a white shirt for my interview and she was exceptional in both names of discount stores and their exact location. The resounding theme of these three associates is their uncanny level of professionalism and can-do attitude. I travel over 80% of the year and this was my first stay at your hotel but I can guarantee that it will not be the last. As a member of the travel community (Travel Agent), I look for lodging partners where I can send my clients where they will be both comfortable and experience service at its best. I pray and hope that these comments are shared with the named associates and their direct supervisors. It is rare to encounter people who treat you like one of the family. Thanks for taking time to review my comments.

Room Tip: If you don't like the hustle and bustle of traffic and people, don't stay here. If you want...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ask R
We greatly appreciate your review of the hotel. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with Ms. Jackie, Bryan and Alice, as well as with their direct supervisors. We pride ourselves on providing great service for our guests, and it's always rewarding to hear feedback that supports that. Thanks for sharing your experience and for spreading the word to your clients as well.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My friends & I stayed in 2 rooms at the Omni over Christmas. The room are decorated beautifully, the hotel staff was wonderful, and the location can't be beat (near Water Tower Place, the Apple Store) and all the other wonderful stores on Michigan Avenue.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor to get a great City view at night. We could see part of Lake Michigan, and a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Very nice hotel in the middle of everything. Location is perfect to walk to all the hot spots in downtown Chicago. Only need a cab to and from the airport. I had stayed at the Omni a couple of times before and I would have to say the room could have used some updating, but it was clean and quiet.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple