“needs updating”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #36 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My wife and i had a 2 night stay for some shopping and r&r on the Mag. Mile. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. We had a large room on the 19th floor. Man was it tired......clean but tired. I wish i could figure out how to get the room they show in the booking pics. We wouldn't return.......Just not what we expected or what we were led to believe this hotel was offering. There may be nice rooms but we didn't get one.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chris f
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

We're sorry that you felt your room was tired. We are in the middle of planning our upcoming room renovation. While we understand that you were unimpressed with the room, we hope you will reconsider staying with us after we complete the renovation..

Write a ReviewReviews (3,639)

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I LOVED my stay at the Omni. Now, let me say that I also LOVED the Intercontinental right down the street when I stayed there 2 years ago. I almost went back when I kept reading the reviews on this place, The Omni. I saw the "all suite hotel" pictures, looked closely at the excellent location and reviewed the amenities. I decided to give it a try. Sorry, Intercontinental. I won't be back! We paid a little extra for a corner room with a view of Michigan Avenue and it was worth it. Don't take the view of the "city", which the hotel front desk tried to get us to take thinking it was a better view. Not in my opinion! I'd rather see the bustle of Michigan Avenue and even got a shot at the Lake. We also could see the Hancock Center from the corner windows. The suite was very comfortable. My husband had to go to sleep early every night since he was there on business and I stayed up late in the living room area watching television and drinking my cokes that the staff delivered every morning as a perk of the Omni Select Member program. We were not members until we arrived and JOILA! We get 2 free beverages and an apple every morning! Just what the doctor ordered!! I was thankful for that. I also loved the lemon water in the fitness room and in the lobby. I am now making it at home. It was very refreshing! The staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. We inquired about having a room refrigerator because I had seen on the website that all you need to do is request it and they will provide one. Sure enough! It was sent up immediately and we now had a place for all of our leftovers!! Can't say enough about the Omni Hotel Chicago! It is perfectly located smack dab in the middle of the Miracle Mile and the rooms are comfortable and sizable for a reasonable price. I don't think you will do better!! Especially for the price!!
Don't forget to eat and drink at the Ralph Lauren restaurant! It's the bomb!

Room Tip: Pay a tad extra and get a corner room with a view! You get windows across the back of your bed and...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Desi D
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Omni in January. As Omni Select members, we managed to get an excellent rate for our 3 night stay. Based on its location and outstanding service , the Omni is my favourite hotel in Chicago. In heart of The Magnificent Mile, most major attractions are an easy walk or short cab ride away. Water Tower Place is 5 minute walk. We had a spacious king suite that had separate living and sleeping areas. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. When we were there, The 676 restaurant was being renovated, but they had a temporary restaurant set up for guests not wanting to brave the cold Chicago temps! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine2384
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Every time we stay at The Omni, regardless of the city, we are treated to the best service from an amazing staff. We spent the Christmas holiday in Chicago and enjoyed a corner suite with an amazing view. The Omni is within walking distance of everything that makes Chicago a great get away. Make sure to stop in the lounge before you turn in for the evening ang get a seat near the window, for a great night-time view of Michigan Avenue.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great if you are bringing a kid or two. The main sleeping area is seperated by fre...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The Omni is the best! Perfect location! The staff is just amazing! Even that it is such a big hotel they really manage to make you feel special. I love the complimentary coffee in the morning. Last year we received a piece of chocolate cake for our anniversary. They didn't do that this year but we still had the best time. We come with our children and it is by far their favorite place to stay in Chicago. The breakfast is just amazing!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We went to Chicago for a family event that was going to take place in the suburbs. We were looking for a suite and a good location on Michigan Avenue with in and out valet services so that we could easily drive to the suburbs on Saturday evening.. We booked the American Girl doll package. It included AG freebies, vouchers for the restaurant and free valet. We couldn't have enjoyed our stay more. They had beautiful greeting letters for my daughter and her doll, sweet treats and a free AG portable bed/pajamas. The staff was very friendly and professional. The suite was beautifully appointed. The only complaint was the pocket door that lead from the bedroom to the bathroom. It made a lot of noise as it was opened and closed. The front desk gave us a late checkout with no issue. The bell and valet staff were wonderful. GREAT STAY!!!!

Room Tip: Loved the corner suite overlooking Michigan Avenue!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VIRGINIA D

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for booking our American Girl package. We're so glad you enjoyed your time in Chicago. We're sorry that the pocket door was sticking and making noise. If you don't mind sending a private message and letting us know what room you stayed in, we will make sure to have our engineering staff fix the door.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Wonderful location,comfortable great rooms, perfect for a weekend stay. Not your ultra moderan but on the homey scale. Only negative is how cold Chicago gets in the winter and the smelly stuff they use in the street lobby. People were great, very enjoyable brunch.

Room Tip: Mich ave view is great
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends