“weekend trip to AG store”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #32 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
United States
“weekend trip to AG store”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Location to American Girl store is great, just a few blocks down Michigan ave. bell staff was very friendly and made us 'feel comfortable' the moment we stepped out of the car for valet parking. inside the wait staff was courteous and attentive. breakfast buffet at the 676 restaurant was fresh and tasty. cherry smoothie is highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Wildwood
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I decided to book the Omni because they were running a Memorial Day special for 30% off. Had I booked for anywhere near full price, I would be extremely disappointed.

Pros:
- The pool and fitness facility is pretty nice. My children enjoyed an evening swim each night and I was able to get in a good work out in the fitness center each morning. The equipment is up to date although many of treadmills were not working. Fortunately, this was not a problem since I was the only one in there every morning.

- The staff at front desk, valet and at the door were all very friendly.

- The breakfast we ordered each morning was anywhere from good to great depending on the day. A bit inconsistent, but always satisfying.

- The rooms are all suites so having a separate sitting area is nice to utilize after the kids have gone to sleep.

Cons:
- The rooms truly need to be updated. The bedrooms have the old tube TV's that I can't recall seeing anywhere for several years. The beds are average at best, and the pullout sofa was a nightmare. I have low expectations when it comes to pull out sofa beds, but this was hands down the worst I've ever experienced.

- The shower had an awful mildew smell.

- As I mentioned above, the food from room service was quite good overall, however, each morning I had to let it ring 25+ times before someone would pick up. Not a huge deal, but certainly out of the ordinary.

- As a member of their loyalty program, you receive free internet service. Be sure to check your bill because I was still charged despite the fact that I'm a member.

We travel to Chicago every year during Memorial Day. Unless the hotel is updated, I doubt I will be returning to this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We will work with our housekeeping department to make sure we don’t have any guests checking into a room with a mildew smell. We apologize for the time it took to get a hold of room service. We will pass along these comments so we focus on a quicker response time. And we focus on our billing so we don’t have issues like the internet charge at check-out with other guests.
Detroit, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Backstory: I saved up for weeks to take my wife out for her birthday and this would also be our first family outing with our 20 month old son. We arrived a few hours too early to check in so we had to take our son to Navy Pier to pass the time (which we planned on doing anyway). The staff called us as soon as our room was ready which was just in time for the baby's nap. Upon checking in the staff was very courteous and knowledgeable. They knew the lil fella was getting cranky and got us in our room immediately. The suite itself was pretty small. there was barely any room for our suitcases and there was only a small serving of coffee for my wife and me. The staff knocked on our door less than an hour after check in to see if we needed anything and they dropped off a little backpack with toys, games, ect. for our son which my wife and I were so impressed! The pool was nice and the two rooftop patios are totally undersold (we had both of them to ourselves the few times we went out there). Overall I would definitely go back and recommend The Omni to anyone. The staff was so accommodating and friendly and the value is there but I wish I would have spent a couple extra bucks and got a bigger room. Perhaps one with a dining area?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We loved our stay at The Omni in Chicago. It has the best location right on N Michigan Ave. There is is much to see that is close by. The food is simply wonderful and has set a standard for all others to reach. If you intend to stay here, make sure that you sign up as Select Guest (which is free) and enjoy the complimentary morning beverage service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Fontana, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Excellent accommodations at this hotel. This was my first visit to Chicago and I could not have selected a better hotel. The service and location was perfect, walking distance to many known sites of the Chicago area. Will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 May 2013

From the moment I walked in, I was greeted by a very helpful & friendly staff. My neat & fresh smelling room suite awaited me with spectacular views of downtown Chicago & Lake Michigan! A few minutes into my stay, I received a beautiful cheese & wine tray set up welcome that I wasn't expecting! The hotel restaurant was also a marvelous experience with delicious food of all kind! This hotel was one of a kind. I sincerely recommend to anyone who is looking to spend some time in the great city of Chicago, you will be impressed I'm guaranteed!!

• Stayed May 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at the Omni Chicago from May 23 - 26, 2013. The hotel is ideally located on the Mag Mile, a short walk to the Water Tower and Hancock Tower, and about a 15 - 20 minute walk to Millennium Park.

The staff was prompt and helpful throughout. The rooms are spacious (although perhaps somewhat worn). All rooms have a separate living room and bedroom. The fitness room is fairly extensive as far as hotel gyms go. There are several treadmills and elliptical machines as well as a decent range of free weights, and weight machines. The pool area is small, but has large windows, giving it a more spacious feel. The restaurant/lounge has a very good buffet brunch and a decent bar for pre-dinner cocktails.

Overall, the Omni provided an excellent experience for a reasonable price. I have stayed at other hotels in the area, but will return to the Omni.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends