“Wonderful stay at Omni-Chicago with a great rate”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #41 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I did an overnight trip to Chicago and stayed at the Omni. It has all suites. They are small but you can close double doors to the sleeping room and feel very snug. I had a fabulous pillow--cylindrical, made by Pacific Coast. I have a bad neck and would kill for one of those pillows. It's a fine location, especially with the new Eataly emporium that is only four blocks away. Go there and eat and buy goodies at Eataly. Everyone at Omni was courteous and helpful, doing extra services not required, like taking my bags from check-in on 4 to the lobby to be sent to my room. I want to go again. I can't see staying anywhere else, unless the price at the Omni is less competitive in a busy time. A friend said she only stays at the Palmer House, which is not such a bad idea. But Omni is comfortable, pleasant, well located, and fun. I agree with another reviewer about being treated as a VIP for a bargain room.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not blocked by a nearby building. The street view would be nice from a low...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,722)

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is the second year the wife and I have stayed at the Omni for our mini Christmas vacation----These people are the best----I can't say enough good things about the staff, from Steve at the front desk to their limo driver and the door man----ALL----TOP NOTCH!!!!!-----The rooms-- neat and clean, the beds and pillows-- a treat to sleep on and in the heart of the City----It don't get much better than this!!!---We take take Am track from central Illinois and use the limo or cab to get around the City----FAR CHEAPER than bring ones own car. We've been taking this little vacation for five years now---wish we would have found the Omni when we started doing this. EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!!! My Christmas package was 109 dollars a night plus taxes!!!----We go on vacation in the summer and can't find a cheap motel at that price----And in the heart of Chicago!!!!---"Hasta la vista, baby" ... I'll be back !!!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is the second year the wife and I have stayed at the Omni Hotel for our little Christmas get away--This place is OUTSTANDING!!!!-----We've been coming to Chicago for the last five years to do this, and we like to stay in the heart of the City, and we've stayed at another hotel before we came across the Omni---hands down---the Omni is the best---I got a package for 109 a night plus taxes!!!!----In the heart of Chicago!!!!!------I pay WAY MORE for hotels out on the road when we go on vacation and don't even come close to the value or quality of staff that you find at the Omni---THE STAFF----THE BEST EVER-----BAR NONE!!!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We love this place! Centrally located off MI Ave., great breakfasts and clean to our expectations:) Nick handles the front desk and morning 676 Restaurant exceptionally!!! Our 4 hotel rooms were lovely, which included a hairdryer, shampoo, lotions, and Qtips!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Omni in Chicago was excellent. The staff's service was top notch. The facilites were great. the 676 dining expereince was absolutely terrific for breakfast and dinner. This is a great place to stay, especially with young girls interested in American Girl (packages available).

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I can honestly say without a doubt the Omni is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in throughout the years. The service was absolutely impeccable. The cleanliness was topnotch. And I purchased my stay on Priceline and was NOT treated like such. I was still treated like a VIP guest!!! This hotel is PERFECT for anyone wanting to explore the Mag Mile. It's right smack on Michigan Ave. The rooms are the perfect size for anyone wanting a place to relax and unwind after a day of exploring the city. The bed is insanely comfortable. The bathrooms are some of the best I've ever seen. I love the fact that there is a separate sitting area from the bedroom area which makes it almost feel like a little studio apartment. The ONLY thing I don't like (and i'm like this with ALL hotels, not just this one) is that darn sliding bathroom door that has no lock. I WISH hotels would stop doing that. It takes away from a feeling of privacy! It's such a flimsy little door I feel like if you're staying with someone else they can hear EVERYTHING you're doing in the bathroom! I don't know why hotels insist on switching to those kinds of doors because it feels cheap. Either way though, I still ranked this hotel a 10 in all areas because it was just an overall amazing experience.

My absolute FAVORITE part was the room service and actually eating at the 676 Restaurant. The room service blew my mind, SO delicious (and came quickly!). There was not one thing I did not like from room service. The next morning the person I was staying with and I went to the buffet breakfast. First the view was absolutely stunning (looking down on Mag Mile) and the food. MY LORD the food!!! Again, there was not one thing I didn't like. (The restaurant supports local/organic farmers and local businesses!!!). Their fruit was some of the most fresh and most delicious I've ever had at any hotel!!

I ended up staying in a different hotel the next night for an event (that hotel was part of a party package, I booked the Omni separately for a different reason). The person I was with and I ended up taking a cab BACK to the 676 for breakfast the second morning because it was THAT good!!! :)

Room Tip: A Mag Mile room would be ideal, but any room honestly will have a spectacular view.
1  Thank SubaruFiend
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I spent mid December weekend here to show our boys the Windy City decorated for Christmas. It turned out perfect; the several inches of snow even made it more festive. Location of Omni could not be better for shopping, restaurants, public transportation, you name. Classy, clean hotel very finely appointed.