“LOCATION ... LOCATION ... LOCATION”
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

Omni Chicago Hotel
Ranked #31 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
palatine
“LOCATION ... LOCATION ... LOCATION”
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I just returned from a trip to the city with my 15 year old daughter and her friends. The staff at Omni was wonderful and the location is fabulous. We were able to walk to shopping and dining. We went to Zombie Fest on Navy Pier and watched the fireworks on Saturday night. A great time was had by all.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2009
That sounds like a great Saturday night. Thanks for choosing to stay with us while you were in Chicago. If you plan on coming back next year for Zombie Fest or sooner, please stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Great staff. Excellent room, large, with a nice bathroom. Perfect location. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the great review. We look forward to seeing you.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stayed at the Omni with 3 teenagers in Sept, 2009.
I very clearly requested adjoining rooms and the front desk confirmed this at check in. The rooms were not connected, however, and when I pointed out that the word adjoining means connected, the front desk manager told me that in this hotel, that is not what the word means, so I had no reason to expect it to be so. She then assured me that the rooms were next to each other (adjacent), but not connected (adjoining, as she acknowledged we had requested).
On arrival to our assigned floor we were disappointed to find that the rooms were not connected and not next to each other, they were on opposite sides of the hall. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk staff, the reply was, essentially, "too bad." There was no attempt to make it right or otherwise satisfy us. This is quite a contrast to other hotels of similar grade where when a mistake was discovered, I received a quick apology (instead of a foolish argument) and a token offer (rather than "too bad").
Finally, I did receive an email from the Omni inviting my comments after our stay. I sent in the above and promptly received another email thanking me and "you will receive a response in 48 hours." That was a month ago.
Location is good, rooms were clean and there are plenty of equivalent hotels with better service within walking distance. We stayed at the Sheraton around the block a couple of years ago and had better service; we didn't return because the Omni was closer to a family gathering this time. We'll walk the extra block and avoid the Omni in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
We apologize that your room request was not able to be met. Unfortunately we do not have any adjoining rooms in the hotel. However we should have been more flexible on the location of the rooms to each other. We are sorry that no one responded to your request within 48 hours as is our policy. We certainly understand that a stay like this would leave anyone with a bad impression, but we do strive to offer outstanding service to our guests. We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.
Reviewed 6 October 2009

The hotel's location was not bad, we were within walking distance to the Navy Pier, stores and restaurants. However, we found that the hotel wasn't as upscale we hoped it be. The air conditioning lacked in the hallways and the rugs looked liked they hadn't been shampooed in a while; which made waiting for the elevator stuffy & unpleasant. The bathroom and decor was contemporary in style throughout, and the room was comfortable; the overall stay was okay but I might look into another hotel the next time we're in town.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 October 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Omni Chicago Hotel.

I had contacted the customer service representative prior to our stay to request a quiet suite. When we arrived, she greeted us and confirmed that we were getting exactly what I had requested--and more. Our suite had a partial view of the lake!!! And, we were able to check in early.

The service at this hotel is incredible. Everyone made us feel welcome and took care to respond to any question or request that we had.

The suite was very quiet even though we were on the east side of the hotel, very near to Michigan Avenue. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough. We really couldn't have asked for a better hotel. We will definitely stay there on future trips to Chicago and will recommend this hotel to anyone who travels there.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are here. Thanks for telling your friends to stay with us too. We’ll make sure to take good care of them as well.
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed 28 September 2009

My husband and I stayed in a suite with another couple for his birthday. The suite was spacious, modern, comfortable and clean. The big bathroom was a plus and I loved the travertine tiles (I think) on the tub walls/floors.

The location is perfect. Close to everything. We never paid for one taxi ride used our car because everything was within walking distance or we took the train. I also loved the valet parking. It made checking in/out so easy in the heart of downtown.

It's the customer service that really sets this hotel above the rest. From the bell boy to the person that answered the telephone upon check out, we encountered knowledgeable, friendly staff that seemed like they enjoyed making our stay wonderful. A special thank you to the staff members (Katie and ?) that sent the decadent chocolate dessert to my husband for his birthday. It's those little things that go a long way.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2009
We’re so happy to hear that you, your husband and your friends had a great time celebrating his birthday. And we’re also glad that we could make the celebration special with great service and a nice chocolate dessert. We hope you will come back and celebrate more special occasions with us.
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I took my mom to The Omni Hotel in Chicago. It is in the heart of Michigan Avenue! If you are a shopper and want to have THE BEST location for the Magnificent Mile THIS is the place to stay! You can easily walk to either end of Michigan Ave from this location. Right across the street was The Apple Store, Garmin, Nike Town, down a block was American Girl Place, Neiman Marcus plus a million other stores. The other way was Nordstrom, Grand Luxe Cafe, H&M... a million more shops. We were there 6 days and I TRIED to get to all of them but couldn't do it! Maybe if I stayed a month?!
Our room was nice and clean but the first morning I was awakened by heavy excavating equipment building a hotel next door. Be sure you ask for a room on the opposite side of the building! We were happily moved and all was right with the world. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. I used the fitness center a couple times. It has 3 treadmills, 2 bikes and 2 elypticals. I think there were some free weights and a couple weight machines. The indoor pool was cute but must be accessed through the fitness center bathrooms so there was a pretty steady stream of loud kids and people exploring. I LOVED the Loggia off of the fitness center! The weather was beautiful and they had a few loungers out there so you could relax and nap in the refreshing breeze.
One of our best meals was a block away at Rosebuds on Rush. It was great Italian food, Huge portions, a great wait staff and a nice ambiance.
The 2 elevators are not a problem. It never took more than a few seconds for an elevator to come. Check in (Hotel Desk) is on the 3rd floor. The restaurant is on 4. We had breakfast here each day and it was great! The breakfast buffet is the best value. If they don't have it set up tell them you want to order the buffet to the table and they will bring you all of the selections you want that is offered on their buffet! You don't have to get up, they just keep bringing what you ask for! PLUS we always sat by the window with a great view of Michigan Ave. Great "people watching" location.
The rooms have a nice wet bar with a coffee maker. We ordered up a mini refrigerator for $10/day. Not bad if you need/want to store some food. There is a great Grocery Store (Trader Vic's) about 2 blocks away from the hotel. Lots of gourmet and organic selections.
Be sure to get online and join the Omni's club! You will get free wireless internet everyday, 2 complimentary beverages delivered each morning with the newspaper of your choice plus several other perks!
I don't know about a business center but I saw a computer on the 4th floor that looked like a public access computer but there was never anyone on it!?
This hotel was a great value! For this location on Michigan ave. I only paid $159/nt and it included $150 in food vouchers!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank AFBT
Thanks for writing a review of our hotel. We are definitely in a perfect location for shopping. We’re so glad you enjoyed our breakfast each morning. It’s a great way to start a big day of shopping. It was also good to hear we were able to move you to the other side of the hotel. We will always do our best to accommodate a room change. The computer is for public access, but we do have a full business center located behind our front desk on the third floor in a separate room with four computers and other necessities. We hope you come back for you next shopping excursion.