Myself and 5 girlfriends came to the Palmer House for a birthday getaway weekend. We had such a fancy time. Everything was perfect and I couldn't speak higher of this hotel. I absolutely love and appreciate the old fashioned elegant grandeur and don't want them to ever change a thing. It is the very reason we picked the Palmer House. It has been beautifully maintained through the years and has an excellent standard of service. We were treated like royalty!
We definitely recommend the executive floors because of the private lounge that provides drinks, hor'deurves, snacks, and breakfast and coffee. It was wonderful.
Our room was perfect, beautifully decorated with 2 full size beds and a pull out sofa and sitting area. As well as 2 bathrooms which came in handy. Huge closets to put our stuff, and an in-room safe. Loved the large flat screen tv and dvd player. The bellhops and maids were also very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed Afternoon Tea at the Lockwood Restaurant shortly after checking in and highly recommend it. The receptionist at the restauraunt was very friendly and recognized me from speaking on the phone to make reservations. She made every effort to make it special for our birthdays. Looking forward to my next visit to the Palmer House Hotel. The quality and service is impeccable.
As far as the spa goes I had to give them a poor rating because they just couldnt accomodate us. We wanted in-room services and they do not provide them, so we used a local spa instead, that came highly recommended, and they came to our room. We couldn't have been happier. Also it was difficult to book 6 girls around the same times for pedicures and massages. And lastly they closed so early and we needed evening appts. It wouldve been nice to have the pool open later than 9pm as well. We would've like to use it until midnight at least. Pizanos is a nearby pizza delivery and you have to meet them in the lobby but it was delicious pizza and they got there quick and are open until 5am!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North America’s most established hotel, the Palmer House Hilton first opened its doors in 1871 and has remained the place to "see and be seen" in downtown Chicago. We continue evolving to serve you with the latest conveniences and comforts in meetings, accommodations and dining - a hip and historic blend of modern nuances and Chicago cultural significance. Whether you’re holding a gala in the famed Empire Room or an intimate gathering in one of our hospitality suites, your event is sure to be a success. Here, you’ll be the host in the Chicago hotel that’s been the venue of choice for celebrities, politicians, and royalty for more than a century.When you come to the Palmer House Hilton, you don’t just stay here. You live here—even if it’s only for a night. That’s why all of our guest rooms and suites have just the right touches to make you feel right at home. You’ll sleep well on our Hilton Serenity Dream bed featuring a plush top mattress and crisp linens, lathering up with Peter Thomas Roth bath products, perceptual service and a full host of amenities to keeping you connected – from flat screen HD televisions, wired and wireless high-speed internet to alarm clocks with auxiliary ports, you’ll find everything you need to rest easy. Lockwood Restaurant, your Farm to Fork, AAA 4 Diamond destination open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as afternoon tea. The Lobby Bar at Lockwood is a favorite for locals and travelers alike for craft beers and craft cocktails with Palmer House private reserves and labels. Potter’s is the hip spot to enjoy a retro mix of perfectly poured libations and delectable light fare while reminiscing about the hotel’s history. The hotel is walking distance to the Blue Line and the Orange Line “L” stations for quick transport to O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, respectively. The Palmer House Hilton is steps to all the action along State Street including Macy’s, Nordstrom Rack, American Apparel, H&M, Block 37 Mall and the Chicago Theatre. The hotel is also a short walk to The Art Institute, Joffrey Ballet, Cadillac Theatre, Jeweler’s Row, Millennium Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palmer House A Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer Hilton House
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton