I have stayed here MANY times over the years. The hotel was re-modeled a few years ago; overall experience, from rooms to service to dining, has improved, in my opinion. We booked two single rooms, but decided to upgrade for a nominal fee to the Club Floor. These rooms were on the 22nd floor, quiet, clean, comfy, not accessible to the general public (you will receive a special key to the elevator)--no view from the window, though. The Club Lounge (23rd floor) has improved--hot and cold buffet breakfast, same great wait staff. In the evening, the international hors d'oevre feature was sweet & sour chicken, vegetable stir-fry noodles, fortune cookies, plus basic snacks, like trail mix, non-alcoholic beverages. Cash bar. We didn't need to eat out that night.
Tried Lockwood restaurant for dinner one night. Very good food and wine. The scallop appetizer and the roast chicken entrée were superb. Excellent wine selection. Good value for the money re: wine. Lockwood has a bar in the lobby with a few tables there as well. The lobby is gorgeous and great for just relaxing after a long day of sightseeing. We enjoy having a cocktail and snack there to unwind, if we feel like it.
Hotel is centrally located to Millenium Park, the Art Institute, Orchestra Hall, Michigan Avenue. Love it. If you like history, check out the in-house TV channel that deals with the hotel's past. You'll appreciate your stay even more, I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North America’s most established hotel, the Palmer House Hilton first opened its doors in 1871 and has remained the place to "see and be seen" in downtown Chicago. We continue evolving to serve you with the latest conveniences and comforts in meetings, accommodations and dining - a hip and historic blend of modern nuances and Chicago cultural significance. Whether you’re holding a gala in the famed Empire Room or an intimate gathering in one of our hospitality suites, your event is sure to be a success. Here, you’ll be the host in the Chicago hotel that’s been the venue of choice for celebrities, politicians, and royalty for more than a century.When you come to the Palmer House Hilton, you don’t just stay here. You live here—even if it’s only for a night. That’s why all of our guest rooms and suites have just the right touches to make you feel right at home. You’ll sleep well on our Hilton Serenity Dream bed featuring a plush top mattress and crisp linens, lathering up with Peter Thomas Roth bath products, perceptual service and a full host of amenities to keeping you connected – from flat screen HD televisions, wired and wireless high-speed internet to alarm clocks with auxiliary ports, you’ll find everything you need to rest easy. Lockwood Restaurant, your Farm to Fork, AAA 4 Diamond destination open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as afternoon tea. The Lobby Bar at Lockwood is a favorite for locals and travelers alike for craft beers and craft cocktails with Palmer House private reserves and labels. Potter’s is the hip spot to enjoy a retro mix of perfectly poured libations and delectable light fare while reminiscing about the hotel’s history. The hotel is walking distance to the Blue Line and the Orange Line “L” stations for quick transport to O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, respectively. The Palmer House Hilton is steps to all the action along State Street including Macy’s, Nordstrom Rack, American Apparel, H&M, Block 37 Mall and the Chicago Theatre. The hotel is also a short walk to The Art Institute, Joffrey Ballet, Cadillac Theatre, Jeweler’s Row, Millennium Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Palmer House Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer Hilton House
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton