I had a package for a one night stay with 2 adult VIP passes to the Field Museum. We arrived hot and tired after hours at the zoo and had to wait for the desk staff to find our museum tickets. He came back with only one ticket. He said the package only covered adults. I went online after rechecking the package and the Field Museum's age requirements for a child's ticket. Bottom line, after talking to 2 staff and the concierge, the hotel refused to give us a second pass since one pass was for my 13 year old daughter. I am a single Mom and knew the Field Museum's Child tickets ended at age 11, so I purposely bought the package that included 2 adult tickets. I advice to Watch packages if kids are under 18, Hilton says they "stay free" this means even though some museums end child's admission at age 11, Hilton will not give you an adult pass to museums! They finally said the room would have cost more to cover the ticket price if I registered as 2 adults. I asked how much more and if I could pay the increase if it was less than the second adult ticket I needed ( which is why I chose that package) , no price was offered. I had to pay for full admission for my daughter at the museum. They did have a student rate, but still $25.00, I was not counting on! Also it costs $41.00 to park.
I adore the Palmer House and its beauty and history, but I was so disappointed in how we were treated about the museum ticket that I doubt I will return.
The rooms were nice and seemed very clean, except the windows did not appear to be cleaned and had various size hand/ fingerprints on them. The hotel is historic and one of the plugs was loose from the wall and the bathrooms were very nice, but small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North America’s most established hotel, the Palmer House Hilton first opened its doors in 1871 and has remained the place to "see and be seen" in downtown Chicago. We continue evolving to serve you with the latest conveniences and comforts in meetings, accommodations and dining - a hip and historic blend of modern nuances and Chicago cultural significance. Whether you’re holding a gala in the famed Empire Room or an intimate gathering in one of our hospitality suites, your event is sure to be a success. Here, you’ll be the host in the Chicago hotel that’s been the venue of choice for celebrities, politicians, and royalty for more than a century.When you come to the Palmer House Hilton, you don’t just stay here. You live here—even if it’s only for a night. That’s why all of our guest rooms and suites have just the right touches to make you feel right at home. You’ll sleep well on our Hilton Serenity Dream bed featuring a plush top mattress and crisp linens, lathering up with Peter Thomas Roth bath products, perceptual service and a full host of amenities to keeping you connected – from flat screen HD televisions, wired and wireless high-speed internet to alarm clocks with auxiliary ports, you’ll find everything you need to rest easy. Lockwood Restaurant, your Farm to Fork, AAA 4 Diamond destination open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as afternoon tea. The Lobby Bar at Lockwood is a favorite for locals and travelers alike for craft beers and craft cocktails with Palmer House private reserves and labels. Potter’s is the hip spot to enjoy a retro mix of perfectly poured libations and delectable light fare while reminiscing about the hotel’s history. The hotel is walking distance to the Blue Line and the Orange Line “L” stations for quick transport to O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, respectively. The Palmer House Hilton is steps to all the action along State Street including Macy’s, Nordstrom Rack, American Apparel, H&M, Block 37 Mall and the Chicago Theatre. The hotel is also a short walk to The Art Institute, Joffrey Ballet, Cadillac Theatre, Jeweler’s Row, Millennium Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Palmer House Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer Hilton House
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton